“Slightly below the average Best Werstern Plus Hotels.” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5050 Valley View Boulevard NW, Roanoke, VA 24012-2038   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Slightly below the average Best Werstern Plus Hotels.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Our stay was on a Friday,September 20. I have stayed at four other BW Plus hotels in various locations past year and I would rate this hotel a little below their standards. After finding this place stuck behind another hotel, I agree with all other reviews that this place is clean, comfortable and very accommodating but a little worn and outdated. The breakfast was the normal fare the hotels serve and on a busy morning you will find people eating their breakfast in the lobby, outside and ,or like us, in their room because their are only 3 or 4 tables to sit in a very small area. Hotel is fine for price less than $100 but I would not pay more. Love the recliner. The Mall area where the hotel is situated is layed out like an after thought and very confusing. I am a big city driver experienced in large malls but w/o my GPS I would have gotten lost very easy. Plenty of resturants to choose from though.

Room Tip: Recommend Carraba"s resturant for a delicious and affortable Italian dinner.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
I'm sorry you feel as though we are slightly below the average Best Western. Our location is a little tricky as the mall roads can be confusing. However being located within the mall area does give our guests the benefit of many restaurants to choose from and the convenience of shopping at Southwest Virginia's largest shopping area.
Over the winter months we are remodeling our breakfast area to greatly increase the space for our guests to enjoy our large breakfast selection. I hope you will visit us soon so we can share our new breakfast area.
Dominion Lodging, Inc.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Jacksonville, NC USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Our small group stayed in 3 rooms. Two were great, very clean, had everything we needed, no tobacco or pet odors -- nice fresh clean feeling. One of the 3 had a mild mold odor -- no problem, except for a granddaughter with high sensitivity to allergens. Otherwise, rooms were great. The food in the breakfast room was very good, but the obviously overworked man who was manning the area, keeping fresh food constantly filled in trays, educating people on use of waffle iron (no signs), mopping up spills, cleaning tables, etc., and all in an area 3 times smaller than what was needed for the mob that wanted to eat -- that fellow was humorless -- a bit on the grumpy side. Gee, go figure. Eating breakfast there was a huge challenge in that very limited space. Everyone else was extremely friendly and helpful, from check-in to cleaning ladies.

Room Tip: I had asked for a recliner and for the first time ever, one was waiting on my arrival.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thanks so much for sharing your comments. I am sorry for the smell experienced in one of the rooms. I trust the problem was resolved or we were able to relocate you to another room.
We are soon beginning a remodeling of our breakfast and by such, we will create more space for our guests to enjoy our vast breakfast selections. I hope you will visit us again so we can share our new room.
Falls Church, VA, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Older hotel w/average amenities; our room fridge didn't work and front desk rep lied to us about it taking a while...no 'do not disturb' sign, so walked to desk on way out for family member's death funeral arrangements, desk clerk to me I had to take sign back when I asked they have it placed (hard for me to walk a great deal)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Roderick,
I'm sorry our guest services wasn't up to the level we pride ourselves in maintaining. I believe we completed missed the mark during your stay. I apologize for your experience with us and I hope you will allow us a second opportunity at serving your lodging needs.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Great front desk staff, nice large clean room with comfortable beds a computer desk and a recliner chair! Good wi-fi connections and fine breakfast-in a very tiny room. Located next door to a great Chinese restaurant named the "Red Palace." What more could I ask for?

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your comments. I am pleased you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to you returning to the Roanoke Valley. Please let me know if I can assist with any future reservations.
Jonestown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We stopped here on our way home from Nashville and the hotel met our needs. We found the staff to be very good and the price right. The room was clean and very nice. The continental breakfast was good but the room was very small with very few tables. We got our food and went back to our room as there was no seats however were lucky as we were on the first floor. The hotel is near three restaurants a Red Palace (Chinese, Applebees, and a TGIF. There is a mall near by with more restaurants but take your car do not walk as its kind of far.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks for staying with us. I am pleased you enjoyed you visit and the mall area we are located in. We are soon to begin a remodeling of our breakfast area and that will create more space for our guests.
I hope you will visit us in the future should you return to the Roanoke Valley.
Lake Norman NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

This was my first time visit to Roanoke and my stay was pleasant. I was traveling alone and had no clue about the area. I stopped off to get gas and was directed to the mall area. I was lucky to walk in and get a room without a reservation because there was a tour bus visiting this hotel. Check in was quick and the staff were very helpful. The room was great however it could have used a little more attention to cleaning as my desk was covered with something very sticky. I just wiped it off no need to complain because everything else was very comfortable and the room itself was very nice and large. Cost of the room was excellent around $119.00 including tax. I agree with the other reviews on the musty smell and assumed that the room just hadnt been used in awhile. After turning on the air conditioner it helped a lot. I felt very safe in this area.. perfect location for shopping and dinning... near a huge mall and tons of places to eat. Breakfast had a lot of choices get there early as I waited to late and items cooked were cold. If in the area again I would stay there. It does have a small indoor pool.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thanks so much for staying with us. I know you had many lodging choices in the area, so I am grateful you choose the Best Western Plus.
Our location offers many restaurant and shopping choices for our guests and all within the Valley View Mall shopping complex.
I hope you will visit us again the in the future.
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Lovely hotel. We had a huge room on the third floor. Everything was spotlessly clean. We especially appreciated the recliner and comfortable desk chair. Friendly and helpful staff and excellent breakfast. The only quibble I would have is that the breakfast area could be larger. Otherwise - perfectionl.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your wonderful comments. I am pleased your stay was comfortable and enjoyable. We are soon beginning a remodeling of our breakfast area and will create the seating area so our guests have more room to enjoy the many breakfast selections we offer.
I hope you will visit us again should you return to the Roanoke Valley.
Dominion Lodging, Inc.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View? Share your experiences!