“Though rated so well here, very average” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
1,000 bonus reward points
Ranked #7 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Falls Church, VA, United States
“Though rated so well here, very average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Older hotel w/average amenities; our room fridge didn't work and front desk rep lied to us about it taking a while...no 'do not disturb' sign, so walked to desk on way out for family member's death funeral arrangements, desk clerk to me I had to take sign back when I asked they have it placed (hard for me to walk a great deal)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Roderick,
I'm sorry our guest services wasn't up to the level we pride ourselves in maintaining. I believe we completed missed the mark during your stay. I apologize for your experience with us and I hope you will allow us a second opportunity at serving your lodging needs.
Dominion Lodging, Inc.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Great front desk staff, nice large clean room with comfortable beds a computer desk and a recliner chair! Good wi-fi connections and fine breakfast-in a very tiny room. Located next door to a great Chinese restaurant named the "Red Palace." What more could I ask for?

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your comments. I am pleased you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to you returning to the Roanoke Valley. Please let me know if I can assist with any future reservations.
Jonestown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We stopped here on our way home from Nashville and the hotel met our needs. We found the staff to be very good and the price right. The room was clean and very nice. The continental breakfast was good but the room was very small with very few tables. We got our food and went back to our room as there was no seats however were lucky as we were on the first floor. The hotel is near three restaurants a Red Palace (Chinese, Applebees, and a TGIF. There is a mall near by with more restaurants but take your car do not walk as its kind of far.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks for staying with us. I am pleased you enjoyed you visit and the mall area we are located in. We are soon to begin a remodeling of our breakfast area and that will create more space for our guests.
I hope you will visit us in the future should you return to the Roanoke Valley.
Lake Norman NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

This was my first time visit to Roanoke and my stay was pleasant. I was traveling alone and had no clue about the area. I stopped off to get gas and was directed to the mall area. I was lucky to walk in and get a room without a reservation because there was a tour bus visiting this hotel. Check in was quick and the staff were very helpful. The room was great however it could have used a little more attention to cleaning as my desk was covered with something very sticky. I just wiped it off no need to complain because everything else was very comfortable and the room itself was very nice and large. Cost of the room was excellent around $119.00 including tax. I agree with the other reviews on the musty smell and assumed that the room just hadnt been used in awhile. After turning on the air conditioner it helped a lot. I felt very safe in this area.. perfect location for shopping and dinning... near a huge mall and tons of places to eat. Breakfast had a lot of choices get there early as I waited to late and items cooked were cold. If in the area again I would stay there. It does have a small indoor pool.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thanks so much for staying with us. I know you had many lodging choices in the area, so I am grateful you choose the Best Western Plus.
Our location offers many restaurant and shopping choices for our guests and all within the Valley View Mall shopping complex.
I hope you will visit us again the in the future.
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Lovely hotel. We had a huge room on the third floor. Everything was spotlessly clean. We especially appreciated the recliner and comfortable desk chair. Friendly and helpful staff and excellent breakfast. The only quibble I would have is that the breakfast area could be larger. Otherwise - perfectionl.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your wonderful comments. I am pleased your stay was comfortable and enjoyable. We are soon beginning a remodeling of our breakfast area and will create the seating area so our guests have more room to enjoy the many breakfast selections we offer.
I hope you will visit us again should you return to the Roanoke Valley.
Newport, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Excellent motel, we found a very welcoming staff who made our stay warm enough we will be going back. The vanity sink had a drain issue which was quickly handled by house keeping staff. The cleanliness of the room was very good also. The breakfast was good and the food items were presented in good fashion. The motel was busier on Saturday night than Friday. Room for about 15 people in the dining area was quickly filled. Vending machine could use some help !

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Terry,

You are so nice to leave us such a great review! The breakfast is VERY small...BUT....guess what? We're in the process right now of enlarging our breakfast area. Yay, yay, yay!! Come back and check it out again soon!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

My husband and me came back from staying two nights at this hotel. Check in was really quick. Staff very friendly and helpful. The room was quite large. Beds are extremely comfortable. Very clean and comes with Bath and Body Products. Air-condition was working well.. The staff is extremely helpful in helping you find things to do.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks Delia! I wish we would have been awesome enough to get more than three out of five from you...but I appreciate you taking the time to write such kind words about us!