“Mirror, mirror....” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Maine, United States
“Mirror, mirror....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

The suite was very charmingly decorated and boasted not one but two wide screen flat TVs, pull-out couch, up-scale upholstered chairs, and was well appointed with hidden fridge and microwave posing as a wardrobe chest. Lots of storage space in drawers and closet in case one wanted to stay a long time. Problem was the only mirror in this spacious suite was in the one bathroom making it entirely a chore to coordinate use of the sink-vanity with my husband's toilet needs. There is plenty of blank wall space where another mirror could be placed and even a full vanity could complement the sparse furnishings in the master bed-room. A full-length mirror could easily be placed on the back of the master bedroom door without compromising any other amenity. Overall nice accommodations but would call ahead in future to see if this situation has been rectified before booking it again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
YOU are the fairest in all of the land Anne! Ok...problem solved...now you don't need a mirror! LOL!

Thanks much for the kind words. We only have one suite so it is booked most of the time, but email me the next time your in town and I'll make sure you have a mirror in your room!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic hotel, right from the location and its local amenities to the wonderful rooms and incredabilly friendly staff. When we arrived we were met by friendly receptionist, Skyelar. She was helpful, friendly and couldnt do enough to help and answer all our questions. The room we had was an upgrade and were in a suite (room 200). it was MASSIVE! huge bed in its own room with big TV and a second room with a sofa, table, fridge, microwave and another big TV. The room was clean and well decorated. The breakfast was good, although a little more choice of fresh fruit wouldn't have gone a miss. The pool, however small was a nice addition at the end of a long day travelling and walking with complementary towels provided. All in all a wonderful hotel with good location and friendly staff, couldn't have asked for more.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark R,

Thanks for the review. I'm glad you were able to get our suite. We only have one and we upgrade our Best Western Rewards guests as much as possible, so it's rented a lot, but let me know when your coming in and I'll try to hold it for you. (that was a long sentence!)
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have stayed here a few times while visiting family. Roanoke is where I came from, so I know my way around town.

What I like here is the service.If there is a problem, they fix it. They do whatever needs to be done to make my visit enjoyable.Since I am partially disabled, that is very important.

Room Tip: Rooms with disability accommodations are near the fire exits.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
William,

Welcome home! We're glad to house one of Roanoke's boys at our hotel. You had a lot of choices when you decided to make reservations....we're glad you chose us.

Since it's like coming home..next time....make sure you do your chores before you go out and play! ;-)
Millville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

stopped off here on the way home, easy to get to from I-81. Rooms were clean and very comfortable. The staff was great. Continental breakfast was nice, more than cold cereal and yogurt. Right next to a mall with many places to eat in the mall perimeter.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
PA friend! We appreciate taking the time to review our hotel! It means so much to us to see our friends write nice reviews. Puts a smile on our faces!

Please stop by again when your in our area!
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

My criteria for a nice hotel are mainly quietness of the property and quality of sleep. This hotel, despite being close to the airport, and having many bikers rumble up, was quiet. The bed was good, but not great.

The room was spacious, clean and QUIET. I hate reviews who downgrade a property, based on "decor" they think is dated, or slightly worn carpeting.WHO CARES??! I am not buying, just staying a nite or 2!! Although this hotel had neither of these problems, it does have a small breakfast room, which should be addressed in the future.

Can't go wrong here. Nice place, nice staff.

Room Tip: When the hotel says DOUBLE beds, it means double beds! I hate reviews that give a knock about someth...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hello Wolfie52,

Thank you for the very nice review. And thank you for saying how nice we are. We were renovated a couple of years ago and it still looks quite new...if I do say so myself!

Please come back and see us again! (and...shhhh....we'll be sure to be as quiet as we can be)
Milan, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We had a bus tour of 48 people here on the way to NYC and on our return trip. The hotel is clean and the staff was very kind and helpful. The dining area is small and to accommodate our large group, they opened up the 3rd Floor conference room and took breakfast there for our group each morning we were there. Will definitely stay there when in that vicinity again. Tim Dean was "above and beyond" accommodating to us.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Wendell,

Tim Dean is truly an asset to our hotel. We all enjoy helping our guests and look forward to serving each and every one.

In case any other groups reading this are thinking about staying with us but are leery because of all of the "breakfast area is small' comments...just know...we will do whatever we have to do to make your group comfortable. WE LOVE GROUPS! CALL US! Call....call...so what are you doing?? Go call us! (wink)
Vinton, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

I checked in using a coupon, sign up site! Talk about a excellent rate, Value indeed. The room a enjoyable double so why not lay over utilize both beds..lol more importantly the room is very clean down to dusted head board (tested the headboard due to design) and spotless bathroom. I'm very pleased with the choice to stay, the breakfast bar is vast to say the least., the options are excellent..did I just say excellent again? The staff has been smiles, pleasant, professional and informative. I'm impressed also due to the fact this is a holiday weekend(Labor Day) and the staff is upbeat and working as if its the best thing to be doing this holiday. My hats off to them, I fully believe you would enjoy your stay as I have.

• Stayed August 2013
Well, that's what we like to hear! And, yeah...two beds in the room? Use them...we clean up...you relax and have fun!

Thanks for your review. And I'm so glad you had an excellent time....Did I say excellent? :-)

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View? Share your experiences!