“A nice best western” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 39 Hotels in Roanoke
Covington, Virginia
“A nice best western”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Found this hotel on trip advisor due to good reviews. We were in roanoke with a medical emergency and needed a place to stay for the night. We called and they were helpful and gave us a discount rate for having a government ID. We checked in late and the girls were quick and friendly. My only complaint was the hard beds- we all tossed and turned a bit and they are full not queen. The place was very clean, big flat screen tv, comfy chair, good water pressure, mini fridge. Breakfast was crowded but they had a good selection. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Hello Covington Friend!

Oh, my! I hope the medical emergency turned out ok!

Yes, we do only have full-size beds in our double rooms. Of course we have King beds too! But there's only one King in that room.

I'm sorry to hear that the beds were hard. I guess it's a preference because I've had people tell me they were too soft too. Others tell me they're just right....(that story sounds familiar, lol!)

Thanks for giving us a review. I think most hotels appreciate the kind words. I know I do. That's why I try to respond to each one...To let you know...You ARE appreciated!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Middletown, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Hotel was clean and well maintained. Clerk at check in very friendly and helpful. Location was right off the interstate. Breakfast was good but dining area was very small. Overall a very good experience. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hello Glenn,

What a kind review you gave us! I appreciate you sitting down to take time out of your life to give us feedback and to let the world know more about us!

Please visit with us again!
Grundy, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Nice place to stay but really $112 a night is a high price for a place to sleep, IMO but that is the cost for a decent place these days. If you pay cut rate you get cut rate quality but this is $3000 + a month for each room. This is why I don't stay more often. I just cannot afford these rates.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Harold,

There are ALWAYS discounts available at our hotel (and most others). Ask what the very lowest a hotel will take for their rooms. Depending on how busy they are, you may get a real bargain! And our rates can plummet down into the $60's in the winter. In a nutshell, it all depends on how busy any hotel is. But always ask.

It does seem silly to pay near $100 just to sleep doesn't it? So think of it this way: You're really paying for a safe, comfortable, clean bed, a hot shower, a beautiful tv to watch a great movie on, a nice recliner to relax and feel at home on, a hot breakfast....and ALL OF US to take care of you and make you feel at home!

Now, that even changes MY mind!
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I spend about 12 nights a month in hotels and we favor the Best Western chain for price and quality. This is a particularly good one. The staff is wonderfully helpful and my only negative is that the breakfast room is a bit crowded and dark - it reminded me of a breakfast room in London.The free breakfast is most generous, to the point of individually-wrapped muffins and rolls for those of us who are hungry but have to bolt. My favorite memory of this hotel - not for everyone - was the blood drive hidden away on my floor. I have always wanted to donate, but have never had a good chance, and this was perfect! Thanks, Best Western!

Room Tip: It's a busy area, with Interstate 581 on one side and the Roanoke airport glide path on the othe...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Taft!! I remember you!! I was upstairs "trying" to give blood when you came in! Good deal!

Well, you'll be happy to know that just this week we had people here to show us plans for an enlarged breakfast room. But until then, I'll remember to speak in with an English accent (it's really bad though) and serves crumpets and tea! (wink)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Got in at 4am and got promptly to my room... I am a light sleeper and I was able to sleep through housekeeping working in the rooms around me, for which I am grateful! Either the walls are well insulated, or they stayed really quiet for me... but either way, thank you, BW Roanoke!

My only complaint is I called the desk at 10:50 to let them know I was running a few minutes late for check out, and they said no problem... But called me back at 11:01 to rush me out the door. I explained I had called a few minutes prior and they calmed down and told me to take my time but it was still frustrating feeling rushed.

• Stayed August 2013
Saltinakis....(hmmm..interesting name...there's a story somewhere there I'll bet)

Thanks much for the review. Sounds like two different departments called you...or the front desk had a Momentary Lapse of Reason. Seriously, I didn't know that it happened, but I apologize.

Glad you stayed!
Lititz, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

The hotel was nice. Staff was very friendly upon check-in and told us about discounts for local restaurants. Room was good but a little difficult to control the temperature so we were either bundled up or without covers most of the night. Pool area was nice but temperature of the water was too cold for adults. The kids didn't care so they had a great time. No hot tub. Breakfast was good but the eating area was very small. We were traveling with a party of 11 and had we all been down at breakfast at once, there would have been no room for anyone else. Biscuits and gravy were very tasty. Overall, this is a nice hotel with friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Cseventeenh,

Oh, how I wish I could have persuaded you to give us more than a three out of five! BUT, you gave me some very good feedback...and THAT is what reviews and surveys and all that good stuff is about. Actually, that's how I decide how I need to manage.....depending what our guests say about us.

Isn't it nice to know you're being heard? ;-)
Bradenton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Tastefully redecorated and functional. Best recliner I ever sat in. The small rubber ducky that decorated the tub was a charming touch. When I spotted this "older" hotel I was afraid I had been steered wrong by reviews, but the rooms, friendly desk personnel and breakfast were all pleasant surprises. Food was all individually wrapped and ample for breakfast. The scrambled eggs in perfect circles scared me, but were actually quite tasty. Lots of fruit and yogurt for me and waffles for hubby. Given that our favorite Roanoke hotel has gotten so pricey, I would definately stay here again and would recommend it without question.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
How nice to hear from one of our many Floridian friends. Thanks for the great review!

We are an older hotel...but we are newly renovated and have killer customer service. I think we do so well with service because we have to work twice as hard as #1 (which may have been your regular hotel at one time...hope we are now)!

Stop by again soon. We loved having you visit!