“Great hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in Roanoke
Richmond, Virginia
“Great hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I spend about 12 nights a month in hotels and we favor the Best Western chain for price and quality. This is a particularly good one. The staff is wonderfully helpful and my only negative is that the breakfast room is a bit crowded and dark - it reminded me of a breakfast room in London.The free breakfast is most generous, to the point of individually-wrapped muffins and rolls for those of us who are hungry but have to bolt. My favorite memory of this hotel - not for everyone - was the blood drive hidden away on my floor. I have always wanted to donate, but have never had a good chance, and this was perfect! Thanks, Best Western!

Room Tip: It's a busy area, with Interstate 581 on one side and the Roanoke airport glide path on the othe...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Taft!! I remember you!! I was upstairs "trying" to give blood when you came in! Good deal!

Well, you'll be happy to know that just this week we had people here to show us plans for an enlarged breakfast room. But until then, I'll remember to speak in with an English accent (it's really bad though) and serves crumpets and tea! (wink)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Got in at 4am and got promptly to my room... I am a light sleeper and I was able to sleep through housekeeping working in the rooms around me, for which I am grateful! Either the walls are well insulated, or they stayed really quiet for me... but either way, thank you, BW Roanoke!

My only complaint is I called the desk at 10:50 to let them know I was running a few minutes late for check out, and they said no problem... But called me back at 11:01 to rush me out the door. I explained I had called a few minutes prior and they calmed down and told me to take my time but it was still frustrating feeling rushed.

• Stayed August 2013
Saltinakis....(hmmm..interesting name...there's a story somewhere there I'll bet)

Thanks much for the review. Sounds like two different departments called you...or the front desk had a Momentary Lapse of Reason. Seriously, I didn't know that it happened, but I apologize.

Glad you stayed!
Lititz, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

The hotel was nice. Staff was very friendly upon check-in and told us about discounts for local restaurants. Room was good but a little difficult to control the temperature so we were either bundled up or without covers most of the night. Pool area was nice but temperature of the water was too cold for adults. The kids didn't care so they had a great time. No hot tub. Breakfast was good but the eating area was very small. We were traveling with a party of 11 and had we all been down at breakfast at once, there would have been no room for anyone else. Biscuits and gravy were very tasty. Overall, this is a nice hotel with friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Cseventeenh,

Oh, how I wish I could have persuaded you to give us more than a three out of five! BUT, you gave me some very good feedback...and THAT is what reviews and surveys and all that good stuff is about. Actually, that's how I decide how I need to manage.....depending what our guests say about us.

Isn't it nice to know you're being heard? ;-)
Bradenton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Tastefully redecorated and functional. Best recliner I ever sat in. The small rubber ducky that decorated the tub was a charming touch. When I spotted this "older" hotel I was afraid I had been steered wrong by reviews, but the rooms, friendly desk personnel and breakfast were all pleasant surprises. Food was all individually wrapped and ample for breakfast. The scrambled eggs in perfect circles scared me, but were actually quite tasty. Lots of fruit and yogurt for me and waffles for hubby. Given that our favorite Roanoke hotel has gotten so pricey, I would definately stay here again and would recommend it without question.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
How nice to hear from one of our many Floridian friends. Thanks for the great review!

We are an older hotel...but we are newly renovated and have killer customer service. I think we do so well with service because we have to work twice as hard as #1 (which may have been your regular hotel at one time...hope we are now)!

Stop by again soon. We loved having you visit!
Cambridge, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Continued our road trip to hotel number four at Roanoke, before starting on the Blue Ridge Parkway. The hotel had been highly rated on Trip Advisor and we were not disappointed. We were looking for a good overnight stop and at $123 for a large ground floor double with twin queen beds it was ideal. Although the hotel did not have its own guest laundry we were able to use the facilities at the adjacent Comfort Inn (Big thanks to young receptionist at The Comfort who could not have been more helpful). The receptionist at the Best Western was equally helpful and pleasant. The big downside was the small breakfast area and the poor quality of breakfast. We had seen previous comments, and they were not wrong! (Anyway, this prompted us to stop for an early lunch/brunch on the Parkway at Mabry Mill, a real treat!)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Hello friend from across the pond!

Good news! We're getting our own washer and dryer soon, a fitness room and also enlarging our breakfast area...so watch out #1.

We're very glad you stopped by to say hello and stay with us! I don't think I got to meet you...or did I? Hopefully next time we'll get to chat!

Cheers!
Delta Junction
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

First time staying at this hotel. It is one nice place to stay. The staff were great everyone was friendly and went out of there way to help not only us but everyone that was checking at the same time as us. If you can get the suite, room 200 please do. That room is great, a little expensive but with the managers discount it was a great deal. Plenty of places to eat close by and the breakfast was good southern food.

Room Tip: Choose room 200 if possible, ask for mangers discount.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Hello Ernie W.

Such nice words for us! Yes, the suite is nice...very roomy. We only have one suite so it's not available a lot but I'm glad you were able to grab it!

Come back and see us soon? We'd love it!
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I was very pleased with my stay at Best Western . What stood out the most was the Managment and Staff . Lori and Tim were more than helpful for allowing me to stay on a fully booked hotel . The clerks at the front desk are also AWESOME, especially Tiara Cobbs ! The hotel is beautiful , very clean room housekeeping kept my room well maintained. I would reccomend this hotel to anyone !

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Michael, Thanks so much for your kind words. I'm so glad we were able to squeeze you in. And I know that Best Western overall appreciates your loyalty to us.

Did you know Tiara is brand new? In fact she's still in training. I'll make sure she sees your comments.

Take care and we hope to see you again soon.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View? Share your experiences!