“Musty smelling room” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
Pa
“Musty smelling room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Sorry to say I was not pleased with my stay at Best Western. the positives: staff was attentive and accommodating, the breakfast was good but the area was small. Negatives: the pool looked dirty and there were towels all over the floor. Our room had a terrible musty odor. Our air conditioner didn't work but when I called the front desk someone came out quickly to fix it. Unfortunately the room still had that musty odor. I would not stay here again if I were in this area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Elegan, I'm very sorry! I looked for someone who would match your user name...but I can't find a match. Would you please email me at teamlori@yahoo.com. I would like to compensate you for your disapointment. It can't change the experience, but hopefully it will help.

411 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
roanoak, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

VERY satisfied with the accomdations as well as the friendly, helpful staff. My wife even loved the decor, of the room!! Noticed that they even had a indoor pool, that looked inviting but was too late for us to enjoy. Bksft was a litttle tight, space wise but the products offered were very fresh...I'm talking, delicious muffins, here! :))

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Charles P, thank you very much for the nice review! Yes...our breakfast room is very small. But I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the food.

Please come back and see us soon!
Tappahannock
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My wife and two daughters and I stayed at this place based upon the reviews and based upon the proximity to our hike at McAfee Knob and our trip to Virginia Tech, which is about 45-60 minutes away I would probably have rated this a very strong 4 or maybe a 4.5 if it was an option, but thought we got a lot of bang for our buck. We were able to book online and get what turned out to be a really good rate. The room was clean, the television(apparently new and upgraded) was very clear and the chair in the room was very comfortable. The décor is fresh and the breakfast was good too. I would have been happy enough paying the normal rate for this place, but was really pleased with the stay given the rate.

On another note, we walked next door to the Red Palace Chinese restaurant and found it to be a good value, clean and of good quality for the price too.

We did not go, but there is a pretty good sized, shopping mall within a quarter mile of the hotel that might have appealed to us had we been staying longer.

We will stay here again the next time we are up in the area and we will eat at the restaurant again too.

Room Tip: The breakfast room is small and does not look like it has a lot of options, but that is deceiving...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Rivahrapp....Thanks so much for your kind review! I hope the hike was awesome...it's a great view! There's so many great hiking trails around here!

See you again soon...maybe in the fall!
Charlottetown, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We spent one night at this hotel during our vacation in June and were not thrilled. The place is inexpensive, modern, clean, well maintained and offers a good breakfast but - and this was the big turn-off - has a lot of communicating rooms with doors that are about as soundproof as tissue paper. These are great for families that want them but for couples who don't want to listen to the people next door it's not so great. Our first room had a communicating door and the adjoining room had a family with young children in it. They weren't particularly noisy but were very audible. We requested a move - and were put into another room with a communicating door! Fortunately, this time our neighbours very quiet. We wouldn't go back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Eric!!!! Oh...NOOOOOO!!! We have many, in fact, most rooms that are NOT adjoining. Please come back and give us another chance. Just email me and tell me that you do NOT want an adjoining room and we will not give you one.

teamlori@yahoo.com....email me. Ok? ;-)
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Nice clean hotel close to restaurants. Just off of interstate 81 in Roanoke Virginia. Hotel staff was helpful. Small pool near the lobby. This hotel is in an area close to shopping as well. Worth the stop.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hi there John S!

Thank you so very much for the great review! We appreciate you staying with us! Come back soon!
hull
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

having Stayed at Best Western Williamsburg can't say I was looking forward to this but don't have any real complaints except for a yapping dog 2 doors away that the owner also took for a walk under our window at 6am!! although breakfast area was again small it was much better than last experience and the girl worked extremely hard refilling and restocking all the breakfast items

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Food Addict,

We love dogs...but not when they "yap". I'm so sorry that the dog kept you from having a pleasant stay. But I hope you'll come back and see us again soon.

And next time, email me and I'll have some food waiting for you! :-)
Rydal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Very friendly staff, very quick check in and check out. Only thing that keep it from getting an excellent rating is the size of breakfast area as other reviewers have stated. How ever we were able to get a table quickly others did have to wait a few minutes for tables to free up. However the breakfast was worth the wait, hot and fresh.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Oh, Darn! I would have loved to have hit it out of the ball park for you!

Yes, our breakfast area is so small. It's so small that....well...I think readers are getting tired of my "It's so small that" jokes....so we'll just leave it at that. It's small.

But thank you so much for the review!

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View? Share your experiences!