“Great stay for the rate paid” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5050 Valley View Boulevard NW, Roanoke, VA 24012-2038   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Tappahannock
“Great stay for the rate paid”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My wife and two daughters and I stayed at this place based upon the reviews and based upon the proximity to our hike at McAfee Knob and our trip to Virginia Tech, which is about 45-60 minutes away I would probably have rated this a very strong 4 or maybe a 4.5 if it was an option, but thought we got a lot of bang for our buck. We were able to book online and get what turned out to be a really good rate. The room was clean, the television(apparently new and upgraded) was very clear and the chair in the room was very comfortable. The décor is fresh and the breakfast was good too. I would have been happy enough paying the normal rate for this place, but was really pleased with the stay given the rate.

On another note, we walked next door to the Red Palace Chinese restaurant and found it to be a good value, clean and of good quality for the price too.

We did not go, but there is a pretty good sized, shopping mall within a quarter mile of the hotel that might have appealed to us had we been staying longer.

We will stay here again the next time we are up in the area and we will eat at the restaurant again too.

Room Tip: The breakfast room is small and does not look like it has a lot of options, but that is deceiving...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Rivahrapp....Thanks so much for your kind review! I hope the hike was awesome...it's a great view! There's so many great hiking trails around here!

See you again soon...maybe in the fall!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Charlottetown, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We spent one night at this hotel during our vacation in June and were not thrilled. The place is inexpensive, modern, clean, well maintained and offers a good breakfast but - and this was the big turn-off - has a lot of communicating rooms with doors that are about as soundproof as tissue paper. These are great for families that want them but for couples who don't want to listen to the people next door it's not so great. Our first room had a communicating door and the adjoining room had a family with young children in it. They weren't particularly noisy but were very audible. We requested a move - and were put into another room with a communicating door! Fortunately, this time our neighbours very quiet. We wouldn't go back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Eric!!!! Oh...NOOOOOO!!! We have many, in fact, most rooms that are NOT adjoining. Please come back and give us another chance. Just email me and tell me that you do NOT want an adjoining room and we will not give you one.

teamlori@yahoo.com....email me. Ok? ;-)
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Nice clean hotel close to restaurants. Just off of interstate 81 in Roanoke Virginia. Hotel staff was helpful. Small pool near the lobby. This hotel is in an area close to shopping as well. Worth the stop.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hi there John S!

Thank you so very much for the great review! We appreciate you staying with us! Come back soon!
hull
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

having Stayed at Best Western Williamsburg can't say I was looking forward to this but don't have any real complaints except for a yapping dog 2 doors away that the owner also took for a walk under our window at 6am!! although breakfast area was again small it was much better than last experience and the girl worked extremely hard refilling and restocking all the breakfast items

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Food Addict,

We love dogs...but not when they "yap". I'm so sorry that the dog kept you from having a pleasant stay. But I hope you'll come back and see us again soon.

And next time, email me and I'll have some food waiting for you! :-)
Rydal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Very friendly staff, very quick check in and check out. Only thing that keep it from getting an excellent rating is the size of breakfast area as other reviewers have stated. How ever we were able to get a table quickly others did have to wait a few minutes for tables to free up. However the breakfast was worth the wait, hot and fresh.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Oh, Darn! I would have loved to have hit it out of the ball park for you!

Yes, our breakfast area is so small. It's so small that....well...I think readers are getting tired of my "It's so small that" jokes....so we'll just leave it at that. It's small.

But thank you so much for the review!
New York City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We always stop at this best western on our annual drive from NYC to Alabama and have never been disappointed. The staff is nice and eager to answer questions you may have about the area and the rooms are clean and reasonably priced. The location is convenient to many restaurants and to shopping areas. We will continue to make this our stop on our way down south.

Hi there!

We are very appreciative of the review you've given us! We hope you will visit with again soon...maybe on your way back up from Alabama?

Hope so....
Towson, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed overnight in Roanoke on July 6 to break up my long trip South. I had a great experience. I will be returning to the same hotel on my trip back home. I found the hotel via Tripadvisor and was very pleased. It was close to many restaurants and shopping and churches for Sunday.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Elaine,

Thank you for your review! Have you made reservations yet? If not, I'll take care of them for you! (I can't see your last name or I'd check)

For everyone reading this...if you want me to make your reservation personally...I'd love to! My email address is: teamlori@yahoo.com

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View? Share your experiences!