“Best Western Roanoke” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 39 Hotels in Roanoke
Clarksville, Virginia
“Best Western Roanoke”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

What a treat! The room was wonderful and delightful, with excellent appointments. The bed was so fresh and comfortable! Beautiful bathroom - especially loved the Rubber Duck and white-white towels.The staff was very friendly and helpful on the phone and in person. Highly recommend this hotel to travelers! Big mall within walking distance with many eateries! Enjoy!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Narah,

Such a kind review! I'm very happy that you enjoyed your visit to Roanoke! We really love to hear our guests had a great stay! It makes our day! Please come back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Mills River, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I would recommend staying here. It was so clean, the room was fresh, coffee and fridge in room, breakfast had a good variety and the price was fair. My grandson loved the pool and played for hours. Everyone at the front desk was pleasant and smiling. I would recommend this to friends.

Room Tip: Our room was a little noisy due to A/C unit on the second floor and could hear conversations from th...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Julia S....Glad to hear your grandson enjoyed the pool! Hope you got to enjoy it as well. Remember when we never wanted to leave the pool and we'd ask for one more minute? Now we never swim. Well...I think I'll go swimming....and maybe do a cannonball right in front of all the kids! Come back soon!
Rural Hall, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Very friendly, accommodating staff. Very neat, comfortable room with nice amenities, especially in light of reasonable room rate (especially liked the 'rubber ducky' sitting on the bath towels!). While breakfast area may be somewhat small, it seemed in line w/ other hotels in my experience. Only suggestion: provide a list of TV channels (may just have been missing from our room, though). Loved Roanoke- next time we come, it'll be the BW Plus again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Gordon! Hello Rural Hall friends...NOT Rural Retreat...right? LOL!

I'm so happy that you loved our hotel. We enjoyed having you and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thank you for the Tripadvisor review. We appreciate you taking the time out to tell us what you think.
PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Stayed here due to the good reviews on Tripadvisor, but I was not impressed at all with the property. The breakfast area was tiny and overrun when we went down in the morning, with little food visible. The rooms were ok but the rest of the hotel felt cramped and run down.

• Stayed June 2013
Pennsylvania friends...I'm so sorry that you weren't happy with your stay!

I'm with you on the cramped breakfast area! It's probably smaller than Angela Jolie's shoe closet! (wink) but we try to at least offer a variety of foods. When we are busy (and that is most of the time) we also try to keep the traffic moving. But the good news is that our breakfast area is being enlarged soon. YAY!

As far as being cramped and run down....I'm disappointed (of course). We have fairly large rooms and have just recently been renovated. One guest recently commented that she was worried when she made her reservations because although we have pictures on Tripadvisor, you can't always trust pictures. But she said that she was relieved when she arrived because we looked exactly "in person" like we do in the pictures. So....I hope that when someone else reads this review they will realize that run down may be in the eyes of the beholder. HOWEVER.....I always value everyone's feedback. And I appreciate yours as well.
VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Property is well maintained, rooms are spotless and the bed was the most comfortable hotel bed anywhere! I'm an Asthmatic, so cleanliness is very important to me! The morning breakfast hit the spot, though the area is somewhat small for the size of the hotel. Friendliest staff and just a wonderful experience. I loved the little duck in the bathroom that was perched on a towel. Too cute!! Manager was extraordinary and helped us out of a booking situation that could have been bad.

WARNING - when booking online, be sure to really look at the drop down calendar date to make sure it's correct. We planned to check-in on May 24th, but when I did the online booking, apparently the drop down box wasn't working. I didn't know that until May 20th when I got an automated email asking if I enjoyed my stay May 19th. When I called the hotel, the manager went above an beyond to fix the problem and also charged the same rate on the 24th that I was quoted for the May 19th date.

It's a little challenging to get to the hotel because of the way the roads are designed in Roanoke, but worth the stop. CAN'T SAY ENOUGH GREAT THINGS ABOUT THIS LITTLE JEWEL OF A HOTEL!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello friend! I remember speaking with you over the phone when you called about the booking.com problem. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!

When are you coming to visit with us again? We'd love to see you. Call me and I'll personally make your reservation if you'd like for me to!
Henderson, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We always stay in Best Westerns, this one was the best one so far during our 2,800 mile road trip from Las Vegas. Night receptionist (Jason) went above and beyond to accommodate us with a room on 05/19/13. He was professional, kind, considerate. One of the best desk Receptionist.

Room Tip: Rooms were very quiet, Service great, breakfast was good. Would highly recommend this Hotel. Indoo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hello Nevada friend! Hope you made it to your destination with everything okay!

Jason is an exceptional receptionist and we value him....as we do all of our team members. We're like a little family...waiting for you to come home! :-)
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Great breakfast...burritos, eggs , biscuits and gravy, fresh fruit cups ...everything! Very nice rooms, exceptionally clean. Great place to stay! Staff smiled and chatted with you. Wonderful staff. Beds were heavenly, best sleep in a hotel in years. Cant say enough about this hotel.

Room Tip: Any room is great
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Oh my gosh! Thank you so much for the great review! We try to make everyone's stay as fantastic as we can. Glad to hear we hit the nail on the head with yours!

Please come and visit with us again soon!