“Pet Friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
Chattanooga
“Pet Friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed here because we have a small dog and this hotel is pet friendly. The room was nice and clean. We didn't have any complaints. This was our "half way" point since we were traveling to see our daughter in PA. We stayed at this hotel on the way up to see her and also for a night on the way back home to TN. We were pleased with the hotel each time. We would definately stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thanks so much for your review. We love for our guests to share their experiences with others.
Thank you also for being a return guest. I am pleased your stay was enjoyable on both visits and we hope you and your pet will return again soon. We look forward to having you!

472 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I stayed here recently while in transit - we had not planned to stop in Roanoke, but apparently a power outage further down the road had filled a lot of local hotels (we tried, among others, the BW in Radford, I believe, and I wish I had written down the name of the night clerk there - she was very helpful and called ahead for us). The hotel was just what we needed - the rooms were clean and comfortable, and the area has lots of shopping/eating options. The breakfast was adequate, nothing spectacular, but not bad either. All the staff members I interacted with were helpful and pleasant. It is just a little bit off I-81, which is probably why we have not used it as a stopping place before, but I would definitely stop here again if we're passing through the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words concerning your recent stay at our hotel.
I am sorry you were having trouble finding a room due to a power outage, but I am glad we were able to serve your lodging needs.
I am also pleased you found the staff to be helpful and the rooms to be clean and comfortable. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.
crittenden,virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This hotel is close to a lot of restaurants and shopping, but not walking distant. The room was clean and well decorated. The only negative is the breakfast room is way to small for this size hotel, its off to the side of the lobby and not very inviting.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for your review of our hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. We are conveniently located at Valley View Mall, the largest shopping area in Southwest Virginia.

I agree our breakfast bar room is small, but the hotel was built before the continental breakfast came about. We added on to the building the best we could, but due to building codes, we could only build so big.

I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again should you return tot he Roanoke Valley.

Oak Park, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I spent 3 nights at this location. The breakfast person was accommodating and very helpful. The Front Desk people were excellent. The maids and cleanliness of the hotel were fine. The problems came with the structure. The key for the room often did not work. The pool was no larger than a bathtub, I exaggerate. It is in a central place in Roanoke with a mall and food places everywhere and walkable. The room decoration was excellent. Also, no fitness center, that I could observe. I believe it is an old hotel that ahas been updated and taken into the Best Western system.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Hello and thank you for your review! We are a 16 year old hotel that has indeed gone through an extensive renovation in the last couple of years. But we were born and raised a Best Western and recently was rewarded the honor of becoming a PLUS hotel. This means our amenities exceed a regular Best Western.

Also, our hotel is NOT an Olympic-sized pool but it is a standard hotel pool....and always warm, clean and fun to be in!
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on our way to and from Pennsylvania for the Christmas holidays. The room was clean and comfortable, the staff was friendly, and the value we got by going through Groupon was great. The morning after our first stay, there was only one person working in the hotel--everone else was either scheduled off or had called in sick--but he did a fabulous job running the breakfast, tending the front desk, answering the phones, and all with a pleasant smile and a friendly attitude. The morning after our second stay, however, there was no one to set up or run the breakfast, so we did without. We also noticed the same morning that our hotel room door was not latching, though we can't be sure if it was like that overnight or not. The girl at the front desk was friendly and apologetic about the door. Overall, I would probably stay here again if I could get the Groupon rate again, but I doubt I'd pay full price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Happy New Year!

Thanks much for letting us know how your visit with us went. Actually, for the Christmas holidays, we let all of our staff that had children stay home while the others volunteered to take their shifts, so we were definitely running on a skeleton crew those two days. It's important to us that our staff is with their families during the Holidays and do whatever we can to make that happen. I'm sorry we didn't exceed your expectations. I'll have to remember that you are with your family too and wanted a better experience.

Also, Groupon is a great deal, but we have other discounts available during different seasons as well. Keep that in mind if Groupon isn't available.
Delaware, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We are a Best Western Family, and have found for the last 9 years that the BW Plus at Valley View is clean, friendly and geered to families. Just came home from a 2 nite visit. The staff is so nice and the rooms are very clean and comfortable. How convenient to food, shopping and entertainment. The pool area is alway kept clean and safe, the mini fridge, microwave and coffee pot are great extra. However, they always have coffee at the breakfast room for their guests.

Room Tip: Just ask for what you want, they are very accomodating.