“Great place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 39 Hotels in Roanoke
Arlington, Texas
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

This is a very clean, neat and safe feeling hotel. Everything was spotless. This hotel will not disappoint, staff was very helpful. Breakfast was a little sad, but plenty of other location nearby to eat at! 8 days on the road, best hotel entire trip.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Mary,

Thank you for the kind words. Looks like we need to work on our breakfast. Your wish is our command. Thanks for the feedback!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Jonestown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

At our arrival the front desk clerk (Dante) was by far the most helpfull receptionist we had the pleasure of meeting ( and beleive me we did get great welcomings at other properties but Dante # 1 ). This property has the best housekeeping seen in many years ( I managed hotels for 30 some years and think I know what importance housekeeping is for a property)...even the air vent was clean!!!!. The corridors were clean also. The decor is sober and pleasant. Enough carts at reception for your luggage ( 3 trolleys). The pool is clean and warm but not boiling. The comp breakfast was best western`s norm. The beds will need a change in the near futur but are still confortable, the triple sheeting is somewhat upgraded . The bathroom amenities and linen are superior to a best western standard. All in all the best hotel on this trip !

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
You're hired! :-)

Thank you for the kind words. Dante is a superb desk clerk. All of our staff is the best of the best in Roanoke. I'm very proud of them. Thanks again!
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Recently stayed here for a night because travel plans would have me arriving the night before I could move into my apartment. It was super easy to get here from the Roanoke Airport, and John the front desk clerk was really friendly and efficient despite juggling 3 different things at once. The room was very spacious and tastefully decorated and it was wonderful being able to collapse onto that comfortable kingsized bed after a long day. The little duck that accompanied the toiletries was a really cute touch. :) As much as I wanted to linger, I left early the next morning (after enjoying the included breakfast) where John again helped me with checkout. No complaints during my short stay, and if family/friends ever need a hotel in the area, I'll definitely recommend this location to them.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This was a repeat visit to the same hotel because the last visit was so nice. Located right outside the Valley View Mall, everything you need is close by. Lovely and very clean, it has a fabulous staff of smiling, helpful folks. Beds were comfy in our nonsmoking kingsized room, with free wifi, and a comfortable reclining swivel chair with ottoman. Nice indoor pool although we didn't use it, and has a breakfast buffet with cartons of milk, fruit, miniboxes of cereal, wrapped pastry, bagels, waffles to pour, and small squares of scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy. There were also a number of free local newspapers, and a desktop computer in lobby for guests. And just to make you feel home, there is a small rubber duckie for you on the bath towels...I think it is their signature! Just a really pleasant place :)

Room Tip: There is a room safe fee, but they will remove it if you tell them you didn't use it.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Yes, the rubber ducky in the room is our signature. Believe it or not, we've had people (not a lot but a couple) complain that they were tacky. Might be...but our guests are the kind of people that love fun, warm receptions and clean rooms. That's us!
Roanoke, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I checked into the Best Western at the last minute because my house was undergoing a room renovation, and I realized it might be better to stay at a hotel for a night or two while the demo was going on. I ended up staying approximately 3 hours. The front desk was pleasant enough, and the room was clean, but it was really noisy. I kept hearing a sound almost like loud breathing, and it turned out to be the refrigerator in the cabinet! I had to turn it off. Sleep was impossible: the heating unit kicked on and off loudly every two minutes. I tried numerous control settings, trying to get a steady fan, to no avail. When I called down to the desk, a man told me he would be up "in a few minutes" to look at it, and that one solution was to simply turn the heater off (it was 38 degrees outside). He never showed up, and I packed up my things and left the hotel, telling the woman at the front desk - who had no idea I had called earlier - to be sure to cancel my reservation for the following night, though I realized I'd have to pay for the 3 hours I'd stayed. This was not a pleasant experience.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Emmi331, I'm soooo sorry that this happened! Usually the fridges don't make a loud noise so I'm not sure why this happened, but I am sure of one thing.....If you call me and tell me who you are, then I will absolutely refund your money. I don't want you paying for a room that you didn't get any sleep in.

I checked to see if there was a note about it in our communication log and didn't see one. Unfortunately, we don't have a maintenance engineer staffed 24 hours a day. (there's very little need for one), so it sounds like the desk clerk was going to attempt to do whatever he could but got busy and forgot. Again, I apologize.

Please call me and let me know who you are. I'd like to refund your money.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This was a stop off for the night on the Blue Ridge Parkway route.
We selected it due to TA reviews and price although we didn't make an advance reservation. Desk staff were welcoming and were helpful providing local information.
Room was comfortable although a little dark, linens clean however it had an almost overpowering airfreshner smell so the first thing we did was open the windows to ventilate. (Easier said than done due to security locks and had to use the icebin to prop the window open)
Pool looked inviting but didn't get the chance to utilise much to the disappointment of our young daughter.
Ideal location for the Mall and restaurants.
We would stay again.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
To our UK friends, Thanks much for the review! I wish we would have scored higher since everything went well with your visit, but I'll take the three out of five. Just come back again and see us and let us earn a five out of five next time! :-)
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

It still cracks me up that I got such a kick out of the little rubber ducky that was perched on the tubside bath linens. At ever BWPlus we stayed at after that, no matter how nice the room, I'd find myself saying, "But no rubber ducky." Our room was clean, spacious and comfortable. Hotel staff was courteous and helpful. Breakfast was about the best hotel-breakfast of our trip. We were within easy walking distance of several restaurants. It was here that we learned not to keep our key card by our cell phone, but we had a great stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bama friends! Thank you for the kind words! We're so glad you like our rubber duckies. We get so many compliments about them. Don't forget to "Like" us on Facebook too! We add packages and giveaways on there nearly every week!