“Good hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 39 Hotels in Roanoke
spain
“Good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights out of our 28 night USA visit so feel qualified to say that it is a really good hotel, rooms are very clean & extremely comfortable. Very easy to find & close to shopping & eating, if you like a drink there is an Applebee's within walking distance. We did fing the AC a little noisy but didn't need it at night so no problem. Breakfast could have been improved as hot food not great & kitchen helper didn't clear up & replace things quickly enough! However reception staff were fantastic!

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank eileen j
Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Eileen, you are definitely qualified to review us! We were so glad you stayed with us while you were in Roanoke. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Let me know when you are coming back to see us!

Cheshire, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

We stayed one night, the room was clean and adequate, the main criticism was that we had the air conditioning on all night and it was very loud. The cooked breakfast was disappointing overcooked. Good points within walking distance of restaurants

Room Tip: If travelling as a pair, do not request 2 double beds, small
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
Nashville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

My husband and I booked this room for our "lay-over" night when doing a 2 day drive from New Hampshire to Nashville. It was outstanding! Super nice, friendly, helpful staff; rooms are very, very clean and nicely decorated; bed was unbelievably comfortable; very quiet - we never heard a sound once we were inside the room. We arrived very tired after driving for 12 hours, the front desk clerk checked us in quickly and we were in our room within minutes. I can't say enough good things about our whole experience. We work on a country music tour and travel around the country a great deal. One of my jobs on the tour is to book hotel rooms - I've stayed in many that seemed nice on their website but were a major disappointment once we arrived. I am keeping the information on this hotel and will make sure that whenever I need to book a room in that area, we will be staying here! One extra cute perk was the little rubber ducky sitting on top of the soap in the (super clean) bathroom!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed here for one night on our way home from a long road-trip vacation.
When I think of Best Western, I don't really think of a super hotel, but this wasn't bad at all.
When we arrived, no one was at the front desk. We waited a while but since no one came around, we called and the guy was carrying the phone. He was upstairs helping out with an issue someone was having. If this happens to you, just call the number!
We noticed that the pool is right in the front of the hotel with windows ALL around facing inside and out. For this reason, we did not use the pool. It was sort of awkward. I don't understand why the entire wall is a window facing inside the entrance of the hotel.
We did not take advantage of the complimentary breakfast so I cannot comment on that.
Our room was nice and comfortable. We also noticed that the windows are very sound-proof. Our room was next to the highway and I'm pretty sure there was an airport nearby, if I remember correctly, and we couldn't hear anything!
I really have no complaints here. The hotel was in a good area with lots of things around. Of course, we got here later on a Sunday so the mall (right down the road) was closed already. There are plenty of restaurants to choose from too!
I would stay here again if needed and I would recommend it to others.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bellingham,Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I liked the friendly manner of the front desk staff when we checked in, making us feel right at home after a long drive, and I loved how beautiful our room was! The decor was several steps above any other chain hotel I'd been in, from the beautiful bedding to the luxurious "relaxing" chair to the spacious furniture piece (not sure what to call it) with the TV on top of it, large drawers for guests' clothing, and a microwave and small fridge, out of sight but very convenient! I also appreciated having plenty of coat hangers -- that's not always the case.

Full marks also for a well-chosen desk, desk light, and comfortable desk chair -- all essential to those of us who like to stay online when we travel. The bathroom was attractive, the toiletries a definite step up from the usual, and the rubber ducky made me smile!

Our only complaint -- and it was not the hotel's fault -- was that there was a large truck carrying refrigerated goods in the parking lot that our window faced, and the refrigeration unit ran off and on, loudly, through the night. We didn't notice this until we were back from dinner and about to go to bed, and were too tired to even think of asking for a room change, but we did mention it when we checked out the next morning. The front desk person apologized for the disturbance and said steps would be taken to be sure that it didn't happen again.

Bottom line, we enjoyed our overnight here before flying home the next morning -- and you can't find a better location than this for a VERY quick drive to the airport -- and would definitely stay here again!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stay at the Roanoke Best Western Frequently for business (about once a month). They always take care of whatever I need! Their management staff really wants every customer's stay to be a great one and they go above and beyond the call of duty. My room is also always clean when I get there. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in Roanoke. You also get discounts at nearby restaurants when you show your room card, another bonus!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Hello Lala! I wish I knew who you were to thank you in person for the great review!

The thing I really want to convey to people trying to decide what hotel to stay at is, we really do care about our guests. Your comfort is our first priority. Of course we are a business and want to make money but we're in the business of caring for people and we really do care.

Thank you again for your comments lalaflowers...whoever you may be!
Powhatan, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

This is a new property among a group of hotels at Valley View Mall, right off I-581. Check in was friendly and right away Jackie helped with a couple of minor glitches. First the vending machine hung up my purchase, she came right away and refunded my money so, I tried again and this time got my purchase. Then my room wouldn't open although the key card worked. Back to reception and Jackie came and got it open (memo to maintenance, it is balky and needs work). Rooms are clean. As a new property they seem to have taken cues from Hampton Inn for furniture, Holiday Inn Express for bedding. Bathroom has generous toiletries and towels. For those concerned about germs, the TV remote is a Clean Remote which supposedly reduces infections from such objects by 99%. Breakfast is nothing special.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms face the parking lot and are quieter
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank visitingfrominstate
Hello friend from Powhatan! Actually our hotel is around 17 years old but we try very hard every day to keep it looking fresh and new.

Kudos to Jackie for helping you with the issues that arose. She's one of the many caring associates that we have here and she LOVES seeing her name on Tripadvisor!

Thank you for the kind review!