“Great Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Marion,IN
“Great Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

We were traveling down the Blue Ridge Pkwy and made this a stop after the first day. I usually can find about any place in a city, but this location had me stumped. I called the hotel and was talked to the location by the desk clerk, JoJo. I was close but it is tucked back in heavy retail area so thanks to him for getting us there. The room was wonderful, spacious and clean. We asked for a top floor room for overhead quiet and it was a very quiet room. The breakfast was very good and amply supplied. The area looked to be very safe. So this hotel got two thumbs up from us.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Dear friend from Marion, thank you for the awesome remarks about us! Our hotel is in a good location, it's just a little challenging to get here....kind of like Heaven! :-) We joke that we get lost every day coming to work! But now that you know where we are and how to get here, please come back and visit with us again. The thing about our hotel is, we give you all the privacy you need, but we love it when we and our guests get to know each other. You can never have too many friends in this world!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Bel Air, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

Front desk folks were very customer friendly. Spoke to the maid in the morning she was helpful

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor/excellent room. quit/clean/nice TV
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Francis, thanks much for leaving a review about us. I want to make sure people know that we aren't perfect, but we give it our best shot! When are you coming to see us again? We'd love to have you?
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

My family and I rolled in at 3am without reservations for our son's graduation at Virginia Tech. The night Manager Val was totally awesome. She quoted us a fair price but then actually knocked a few dollars off as we were checking out a few hours later.

The room was clean and comfortable and we all slept fine. The next morning going to breakfast, I've never had so many staff members at a hotel, including the cleaning crews, greet me with a friendly 'Good Morning'. I don't normally ask to speak to the manager to say 'Great Job' but I did this time.

Had I not already had reservations for another hotel that night I would've definitely stayed longer.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you again for such kind comments about our team! When you checked out after speaking with me, I felt very proud of the wonderful group of people I am fortunate to know! They genuinely care about people...not just our guests...but people in general. That's why they are so successful in their work. I hope you can come back and visit with us. We enjoyed having you here!
Ashburn, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

I've been to many hotels in my life, but I can't think of one that can top Best Western Plus at Valley View, as far as service, patience, hospitality, etc. I made my reservation almost a year in advance of my stay. Because we of my daughter's impending college graduation, I had to call the hotel and make a variety of modifications, over the past several months. When I called to make changes, NOT ONCE did I encounter anyone who wasn't pleasant and patient. One of the managers, Tim, went out of his way to help me with special requests. I had to make several changes and everyone I spoke to on the phone, showed professionalism that you don't always see in our times. I'd like to thank the staff who were there this past weekend. The front desk, housekeeping, food service help, etc....all made me and my family feel at home. Kristen was so warm, friendly, and patient, while we ate a delicious breakfast. We never felt rushed, and she went out of her way to help us feel at home. Val, Tina, and Chris, were extraordinary, in the way they treated us as guests. They handled everything with such aplomb! Carolyn, of Housekeeping, took the time (as she was leaving work one day) to lead my husband to the nearest grocery store. I've never seen a hotel staff with the high standards that Best Western Plus Inn at Valley Views has. I would return, just to be in this warm, and oh so professional environment. Thank you for everything that you did, to make this the BEST hotel expiernece of my life!

Room Tip: We were on first floor. Quiet and nice.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, May 20, 2012
Dorothy, we were very happy that you stayed with us during your special time! We know that graduation weekend, weddings, renions, tournaments are all such an important time in our guests' lives. We're so very glad to be a part of these moments...even just a little bit.

Three weeks ago we had a 93 year old woman stay with us. As she was checking out, she said that in all of her years, she had never been treated as kind as she had been by our staff. I was deeply humbled.....and for the first time in a long time.............speechless.

Thank you for staying with us...we know we have a big job and sometimes we slip up, but we love taking care of all of our guests.
Round Rock, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

We stayed only 1 night. It was a friend trip with my best friend and our kids. We live in separate states and wanted to meet up for a quick hug or 2. From the moment we walked in the front door the staff was GREAT. They were so friendly and helpful. We played at the pool which was fabulous. It was indoor and the water was nice and warm. We had a great nights sleep. The rooms were clean and the hotel was quiet. The next morning we had a nice breakfast. Nothing special there, but lots of choices. But one of the staff members found out that my birthday was the next day... so she tried to find me a "cake"... so after hunting, she brought me a plate of muffins with a rubber duck princess on top and they sang to me! That was incredibly sweet and thoughtful. Well, after we loaded up to head out, we said our goodbyes to the friendly staff. After 30 minutes down the road I realized my daughter left our ipad in the hallway. I called and Kristen found it right away and held it at the front desk. I was so nervous and freaked out that it was left. But it was safe and sound. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and will hopefully have future friend-cations again soon!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
We absolutely adored having your troops with us! We know you all had fun...and as you can tell, we always have fun while serving our guests! It made Kristen feel so happy to make you your "cake". And she was honored that you mentioned her name here on Tripadvisor. We're looking forward to seeing all of you again soon! Maybe Christmas?
Jackson, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

I was lucky enough pick this place while traveling the Blue Ridge Parkway. The room was very clean and the staff made me and my dogs feel very welcome. There are several great restaurant options near by and the hotel offers a free continental breakfast.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind review! We Do love dogs and we are so glad that you brought yours with you! For those of you who are reading this that have pets, please know that we only accept dogs and that there is a $25 non-refundable cleaning fee. Also, we only have a few pet rooms so book early!
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

We chose this Best Western as a stop on our return home to Pennsylvania from a holiday on Kiawah Island , SC because of it's location and because of the good reviews it had received on Trip Advisor. Our room was fine but the television did not work and we were looking forward to watching Penn State's basketball team play in the NCAA tournament that evening. The staff gave us suggestions to fix it which did not work. We left to eat hoping to be able to watch the game on tv at a restaurant. When we returned before the end of the game the staff admitted the hotel was having problems with some of their tvs and moved us to another room . We missed a lot of the game.
In the morning we were very disappointed with the breakfast which was one of the worst we have encountered in any hotel of this type. The breakfast area was cramped, poorly arranged
and poorly serviced by the staff. The quality of the food was poor . Hot dishes were luke warm. the juice had not been properly made and came out as slightly flavored water. There was only one waffle maker to serve everyone. Toaster waffles would have been a better option! The hot water for tea was not hot and the coffee was poor. The staff seldom came around to replenish anything .and blocked access to the food for a fair while when they did.
We will choose another hotel to break our trip next time.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
CindyPennsylvania, thank you for leaving a review. We were starting to wonder if anyone that ever had an issue at our hotel was going to leave a review on here, and here it is! Truth is, we've not had a little bit of trouble with our brand new televisions, we've had A LOT of problems. They're our new 37" HDTV flat screens! At first we were excited to have them because we knew our guests would love them, but boy, the trouble we've had getting our cable company to synch up with our new Philips tv's has been a real challenge. Our staff was trained by Philips on how to troubleshoot problems, and we tried, but they didn't always work and we sometimes had to move our guests until we could get a tech in to fix the issue. Happy to announce that all is well now, with an occasional tweak here and there. Philips Corp. went through every single room and tested all of our tv's...so that problem is gone. But at least we tried.

As far as our breakfast goes, here is the real deal: We have a very small breakfast area. Did I say very small? Let's just say we'll never be able to hold a Zumba classes in there! But I'm going to list our menu here so that other guests can see what we offer on a daily basis. I'm not going to tell you that we don't sometimes run out of items...we do, but rarely. Here's our menu: Omelets, egg patties,burritos, hash browns, sausage links, sausage patties, biscuits, sausage gravy, fresh belgian waffles, fresh bananas, apples and grapefruit halves, toast (wheat and white), bagels (three flavors), danishes, cinnamon rolls, blueberry crumbcake, oatmeal, grits, cold cereals (six varieties), whole milk, 2% milk, yogurts (variety flavors), coffee, tea, orange and apple juice! That is more than you will find at any of our competitors. We know, because we've visited all of them...and we beat them hands down. We are clean, friendly and it's a fun hotel! We work with what we have here and 99.9% of our guests think we are doing an awesome job!

If you're thinking about coming to Roanoke and staying with us then try us! If you can't watch your tv or can't find anything decent to eat in our breakfast...ask for me! I'll fix it for you! Thanks for reading my million-word essay!

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View? Share your experiences!