“Great hotel for the bar exam” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #11 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Alexandria, Virginia
“Great hotel for the bar exam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

I stayed here for the Virginia July 2010 bar exam, and I thought it was a great choice. For my mother and myself, we had a huge 2 bedroom - 2 bathroom suite with a full kitchen, dining room, and living room. Everyone on staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, and the hotel was very quiet. Good breakfast in the morning with plentiful options. I hope I never have to take the bar exam again, but I highly recommend this hotel for a quiet and comfortable stay during this stressful time!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
jbdud24, General Manager at Residence Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, September 2, 2010
Thank you so much for staying with us durning the Bar Exam and the fantastic comment on Trip Advisor. We really apprecaite you taking the time to say what a great stay you had. We wish you the best on passing of the Bar Exam and for your future. Please continue to tell you friends and family about us and we hope your travels will bring you this way again.

Thanks again, John Dudley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
North Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

I agree with a previous reviewer--this is a great base to use for exploring the Roanoke area! This is another one of the "new" style Residence Inns, with large, spacious rooms and great amenities. It is a little hard to find because it's tucked away behind other hotels, and the signage is poor (my GPS directed me across the street!) Despite being close to Interstate 581, road noise was not a problem, and the nearby airport did not create any noise problems either. Large shopping areas with a lot of restaurant choices are very close by. My only complaint was the poorly-organized breakfast setup (a usual problem with Residence Inns), which means a lot of tripping over other people and almost-spills.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
jbdud24, Manager at Residence Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, July 27, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking time to give us your feedback regarding our award winning Residence Inn, Roanoke Airport. We are very pleased you had a postive experiance with us. Should your travels ever bring you back this way again we hope you will stay with us. Please tell all of your friends and family about us.
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2009

I was so impressed with this site that I have booked reservations at this Residence Inn for the Christmas Holidays. I had my first stay a year ago and the minute I walked through the door, I felt like I was coming home. I was warmly greeted and checked in with ease. All staff were friendly and made my stay a wonderful experience. I have traveled much in my life and have left daily tips for maids but NEVER have I had one to leave me a "thank-you" note for the tip. The rooms are beautiful and spacious. For me, the location was perfect. Plenty of free parking spcaes which is a plus. All the comforts of home!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2009

We loved this hotel. The rooms are fantastic, especially the huge dressing area and bathroom. Fabulous space, comfortable beds. Very, very clean. The front desk staff were extremely friendly and prepared with all sorts of directions and information on nearby restaurants and shopping. Excellent coffee in the morning. Best part about this hotel is the location and how easy it is to access highways and local points of interest.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2009

We were looking for moderately priced, comfortable hotel to share with family for a brief stay in Roanoke. We'd never stayed at a Residence Inn before but thought we give it a try - especially since they had a two bedroom, one living room type suite available. It was great in every single way. Rooms were spacious, comfortable, well arranged. It was nice having a "living room" to be together, but also having the privacy of individual bedrooms and baths. We were impressed by our first Residence Inn stay - and with the Residence Inn Roanoke!

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
Richmond, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2009

This is my 7th day here and I love this place! The rooms were bigger than I expected and the appliances are better than expected. I was surprised that they served breakfast AND dinner (Mon-Thur for dinner only). Breakfast very great, and I've only made dinner once and it was sufficient - that night it was salad and wings. The staff are very friendly, always saying hi. I think I read somewhere in the previous reviews that they did not think the location was safe.... I've felt fine and I'm a traveling solo female. It's a bit further to downtown but the mall with all your suburban chains are there.
I highly recommend this place!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2009

I travel to Roanoke a couple of times a month for business. This is the only hotel that we stay in. The rooms are clean and spacious. Definitely recommended. I normally never stay at these mid-tier properties but this Residence Inn has made me rethink the quality and comfort of these hotels.

While my review is positive, the gym at the hotel is barely usable. It has two treadmills, an elliptical and a set of free weights. I would like to see them expand the gym so that more than three people could use it.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Roanoke Airport? Share your experiences!