“Friendly staff, excellent hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #11 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
Richmond, VA
“Friendly staff, excellent hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2009

This is my 7th day here and I love this place! The rooms were bigger than I expected and the appliances are better than expected. I was surprised that they served breakfast AND dinner (Mon-Thur for dinner only). Breakfast very great, and I've only made dinner once and it was sufficient - that night it was salad and wings. The staff are very friendly, always saying hi. I think I read somewhere in the previous reviews that they did not think the location was safe.... I've felt fine and I'm a traveling solo female. It's a bit further to downtown but the mall with all your suburban chains are there.
I highly recommend this place!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

111 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2009

I travel to Roanoke a couple of times a month for business. This is the only hotel that we stay in. The rooms are clean and spacious. Definitely recommended. I normally never stay at these mid-tier properties but this Residence Inn has made me rethink the quality and comfort of these hotels.

While my review is positive, the gym at the hotel is barely usable. It has two treadmills, an elliptical and a set of free weights. I would like to see them expand the gym so that more than three people could use it.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2008

A stopover night on way to Washington DC. Arrived fairly late. Property is nice and new and stylish-like Marriott's new decor. However:

Comforter/throw on bed smelled of body odor and appeared to have a, let's say, DNA stain on it!!

Requested linens for pull out couch for my kids. Even said I would go down to desk and get them if that would be faster. Insisted that they would bring. After about 30 minutes with no linens, went down to desk anyway to find front desk clerk and maintenance man standing there talking.

My reservation was a package that included a free $10 gas card. Since I didn't receive it when I checked in, actually I forgot to ask, I asked for it as I was leaving. Clerk pulled up my account and said I didn't get a card on my reservation. I said that how did I know about the card if not on my reservation and was she going to quibble over $10 with a Gold Elite level customer. And she did

So ok, just got some employee issues

• Stayed October 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2008

I've stayed at both the Courtyard and Residence Inn in Roanoke many times. They're next to each other and under the same management. The Residence Inn is my preferred location - everything is new and well cared for. The TV offers more channels, plus the spaciousness and kitchen area are great!
The "neighborhood" isn't so great - in fact, there have been some incidents in the last year or so. The Residence Inn has a policeman onsite all night and he will walk you to your car, etc. The parking lot is well lit and we haven't had any problems, but it does make you think twice.
Staff are helpful and you can't beat the proximity to the airport and downtown.

Stayed July 2008
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2008

In town to see the NCAA Division 3 softball world series. As I've said in other reviews, we try and always stay in Marriotts. This was a little pricier than the other options, but....easily the cleanest and nicest Residence Inn we've ever stayed in. Bright, clean, modern - it was just a pleasure to be there. Nice staff (nothing really out of the ordinary), but the hotel is excellent.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Adventurers in California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2008

Being a family of five we tend to stay at Residence Inns most of the time. This was one of the best that we have stayed at. The staff, including the front desk, maintenance workers and breakfast ladies were all very friendly. The pool, basketball court and pool table room were all very clean. The highlight was our room, #316, which is a two bedroom suite. This was the nicest decorated Residence Inn Room we have seen, all brand new and ultra modern. Even our kids commented on how nice the room was. We would definitely recommend this hotel when staying in Roanoke.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Greeneville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2008

We were looking for a place ot stay to meet my sister who was flying to DC from Hawaii and we live in E Tenn. so wanted a placed halfway between E. Tenn and DC. We chose Roanoke and just decided this looked like a good place. BOY, we were so so right!! Everything was great!! The front staff was so helpful when we ask for places around town, gave good directions just wonderful for our 24 hr. reunion. Pool, billards room, basketball courts and work our room all was top notch. Not to mention the breakfast in the morning was great. Thanks so much for making our family feel so at home.

• Liked — everything so clean and everyone so nice
  • Disliked — nothing, eveyrthing was great
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Residence Inn Roanoke Airport? Share your experiences!