“Very handy place near the airport and great shopping and restaurants” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Roanoke Airport

Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights & Save 15%
Ranked #12 of 39 Hotels in Roanoke
Orange, Virginia
“Very handy place near the airport and great shopping and restaurants”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

This was a second stay for me. Had such a great response to my first one. Reception was super and the evening snack host was outstanding. Great man. Rooms are super and just really a nice place to stay for an evening or longer.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Traveling on business. First stay at this Residence Inn.

Highs
- Really good value: Large suite-like room with work space, kitchen, sofa, etc.
- Very friendly staff including housekeeping, front desk and food service.
- Impeccably clean
- In addition to pool and spa (warm weather) a small but fine fitness room, nice sitting lobby, food area and even billiards room.
- Convenient location: Close to airport, mall and I-81

Lows
- Only complaint is the breakfast and dinner food. Dinner more of a snack (tacos, hot dogs, biscuits) than a meal with no real variety. Breakfast had more of a variety but no change in menu day-to-day: eggs, sausage and potatoes as the hot meal; and yogurt and fruit as the cold option. Quality was very good and service was very friendly. Bottom line is we ate the breakfast in and went out for dinner to get something more ample. If I was alone I would have stayed in for both meals as I am low maintenance.

Conclusion: As a Marriott Rewards member, I stay almost exclusively at Residence Inn's when I travel. I would highly recommend this location if you are visiting the area for business or pleasure.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Germantown, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

Booked a one bedroom suite. Bedroom only had a queen, not king. Room was "remodeled" which equated to sloppy stain on cabinets and peel & stick tile. The soundproofing was good and it was clean. Just an average room, nothing special but good for a quick road trip stay.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

This Residence Inn is the best we have ever stayed in. The rooms were beautiful; it actually seemed brand new to me. Very comfortable, very quiet. When we checked in the hotel was obviously quite full due to the number of cars in the parking lot and we saw a lot of dogs and owners outside. There was not one sound that we heard during our stay. Excellent, excellent, excellent. Easy to find and good location as well.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Anita A, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind comments and feedback! We love our guests and strive hard to provide a superior product and outstanding customer service. Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Roanoke Airport and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Happy New Year!
Fair Play, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

I stay at a Residence Inn monthly. Have noted several times recently where pranksters have put colored dye in shower heads and found that at this property. Writing this review solely due to the fact that they need to change bed mattresses. Way too soft and worn where yo are laying in a rut of sorts. Writing up in review for Marriott also. Even with this issue, Residence Inn is the only place to stay away from home.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Aldie, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

We stayed at this Residence Inn because our daughter had a college visit in town. This is a very nice hotel. Close to the highway with numerous places to eat nearby without a lot of noise. The front desk receptionist was very nice and helpful when we spoke with him. We had a 2 bedroom suite so we had a lot of room to be comfortable. It was very clean and smelled nice. Breakfast in the morning was convenient and tasty. We'll definitely stay here if this is where our daughter chooses to go to school.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

The company I work for made my reservation at this hotel for my week long business trip. As an experienced traveler as well as someone who used to be in the hospitality business, I've stayed at many different hotels. This was a fabulous place. I can't think of anything that could be improved on, my stay was pleasant from check in to check out. The hotel is extremely convenient to just about everything, and the staff was amazing. The breakfast was delicious, and although I didn't get a chance to try it, I understand that dinner is also offered Mon-Wednesday. This is great for those corporate guests who have a daily spending budget. I've always been a fan of the Marriott chain, but I think this Residence Inn is the best one yet. I will definitely request this hotel for my future business trips to Roanoke.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business