“Best Residence Inn We've Ever Stayed In” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #11 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best Residence Inn We've Ever Stayed In”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

This Residence Inn is the best we have ever stayed in. The rooms were beautiful; it actually seemed brand new to me. Very comfortable, very quiet. When we checked in the hotel was obviously quite full due to the number of cars in the parking lot and we saw a lot of dogs and owners outside. There was not one sound that we heard during our stay. Excellent, excellent, excellent. Easy to find and good location as well.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Anita A, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind comments and feedback! We love our guests and strive hard to provide a superior product and outstanding customer service. Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Roanoke Airport and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Happy New Year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Fair Play, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

I stay at a Residence Inn monthly. Have noted several times recently where pranksters have put colored dye in shower heads and found that at this property. Writing this review solely due to the fact that they need to change bed mattresses. Way too soft and worn where yo are laying in a rut of sorts. Writing up in review for Marriott also. Even with this issue, Residence Inn is the only place to stay away from home.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Aldie, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

We stayed at this Residence Inn because our daughter had a college visit in town. This is a very nice hotel. Close to the highway with numerous places to eat nearby without a lot of noise. The front desk receptionist was very nice and helpful when we spoke with him. We had a 2 bedroom suite so we had a lot of room to be comfortable. It was very clean and smelled nice. Breakfast in the morning was convenient and tasty. We'll definitely stay here if this is where our daughter chooses to go to school.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

The company I work for made my reservation at this hotel for my week long business trip. As an experienced traveler as well as someone who used to be in the hospitality business, I've stayed at many different hotels. This was a fabulous place. I can't think of anything that could be improved on, my stay was pleasant from check in to check out. The hotel is extremely convenient to just about everything, and the staff was amazing. The breakfast was delicious, and although I didn't get a chance to try it, I understand that dinner is also offered Mon-Wednesday. This is great for those corporate guests who have a daily spending budget. I've always been a fan of the Marriott chain, but I think this Residence Inn is the best one yet. I will definitely request this hotel for my future business trips to Roanoke.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

This is a new, well maintained Residence Inn 2 exits/10 minutes from downtown Roanoke. In addition to being by the airport, it is also about a mile from a mall (Macy's, Belk's) and several adjacent shopping centers (Best Buy, lots of chain restaurants).

Our room was set up as a studio apartment with the living room, kitchen, and bedroom all flowing into one another. Our room on the 4th floor was very quiet, even though the desk clerk told us that the hotel was full and it is near the airport. We appreciated the extra blanket in the room. The kitchen had a dishwasher, 2 burner cooktop, fridge, plates, glasses, silverware, and cooking pans. There is even an option for the hotel to do your grocery shopping if you complete the "Fill My Fridge" form. The only room drawback I saw was a powdery white substance on the outside of the shower curtain at eye level. The rest of the bathroom was very clean.

The front desk clerk was helpful providing information on downtown restaurants and telling us which ones guests had positive comments about. We tried one of these restaurants, Blue 5, and had a very good meal. Then when we got back to the hotel, the desk clerk asked how we had liked it. He was sincerely interested in our feedback. We will definitely stay here again if in the area.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginny, USandA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Very enjoyable one-night stay, in town for a college visit. If my daughter chooses to go to school here, this is where the wife and I will be staying, every time.

Good parking, and good distance from I-580, so noise is minimal. Nice, quiet location.

Check-in was fast and easy.

The rooms were fantastic, actually mini-suites. Nice bed, both firm and soft. Nice appointments throughout the room, with a nice big flat-screen TV on a swivel between the sitting room and the bed--nice tough.

TV channel selection is good, but like all hotel TV systems, it is so slow, so maddeningly slow. It took the Philips TV more than two minutes to warm up and hook up to the system. Changing channels took 10-15 seconds per channel, waiting for it to ID, then resolve on the screen. In this digital age, why can't hotels deliver a TV system that is fast and responsive?

Cleanliness: I pay attention to clean, and this place was fantastic. Everything was great, from the lobby to the elevator, hallways and especially the room. My room was wonderfully clean. I know it's niggling, but I offer this as a hint to the hotel (to all hotels): 1) clean the top of the tile in the showers, as mine had a lot of gunk and dust on the top, and; 2) dust the tops of the picture frames and wall decorations, it's needed.

Breakfast is included, and is quite good, with eggs, potatoes, sausage, pancakes/waffles, coffee, juice, fruit and more. The staff was very helpful and friendly, too. Very good breakfast.

There's even a billiard room, in addition to the modestly appointed but still quite nice mini-gym.

Bottom line: this is a wonderful place, and if in Roanoke again, this is where I'll stay.

Room Tip: high floor, away from the elevator and away from the ice machine--we stayed in 420 and 422, and they...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Fords, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

I love staying at Residence Inns as a whole because it is like renting an apartment rather than a room. Full kitchen, separate living room and private bedrooms are a plus for traveling families. This location was as good as any I have stayed at. Clean and well kept, I have no complaints. It is close to the airport, but you will not hear any noise, since this small airport has almost no traffic. There is a large shopping mall near by with many food options and it is 5 minutes off of interstate 81. Friendly staff is a plus. Hot breakfast is just ok but it is free, so don't complain.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Roanoke Airport? Share your experiences!