“Great and spacious room” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #12 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great and spacious room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stayed here one night while moving out of town. The service was great, and the room was spacious, clean, and well-appointed. Everything in the room was spotless. I loved that the bathroom is connected to the bedroom instead of out in the living room area (makes it easier when my baby is asleep in a crib in the living room). Breakfast was not superb but acceptable. Although not downtown, the hotel is just a short drive away (maybe 5-10 minutes).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I've always enjoyed staying at Residence Inns by Marriott. They offer great breakfast and evening manager's social/meal/drinks. This Residence Inn is at a great location, close to down town. When I stayed there a while back, I had an issue in my room. The carpet started getting very damp and wet in my room and I contacted the front desk. I usually always bring a pair of flip flops when I stay at hotels, but this time I had forgotten. They came to check out my room and saw that the carpet was getting wet from the bottom. There were no other rooms available so the hotel sent a staff to buy a pair of flip flops for me. The hotel later found out that a pipe had burst causing the carpet to get wet. The manager also issued me a free weeknight stay certificate, which was very nice. However, I did not get a chance to use it before the 1 year expiration of the certificate. I would have liked the hotel to get back to me when I contacted them about that though.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Sterlington, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I have been staying here off and on for about 4 months now and have had three different suites. I loved the one bedroom with a fireplace. The normal suites are nice and feel like an apartment where everything is taken care of. They have all been clean and the furniture in good shape.

I like to cook when I have time so I do prefer extended stay type of hotels. Big Lots is across the street so if something is not supplied I can usually find a cheap one there.

Hotel has a nice gas grill by the pool that is available for use.

Hotel is close to the airport and dining options. It also has a shuttle.

Best thing here is the great staff.

The one bad thing is the internet gets very slow in the evening time. I know it is a constant battle for hotels to keep up with the constant demands for more bandwidth but I do like my internet.

Prices on long term rates are very competitive.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Powhatan, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The room was oversized, with a separate seating area and kitchenette. The bedding was very comfortable, the pool was nice. Very convenient to shopping and airport. Breakfast was good, and they also serve a complementary afternoon snack.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Virginia Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Very nice hotel. My family of four traveled and we stayed in a two room suite which was very spacious and nice. Breakfast was ok - there are a lot of options to chose from though. There is even a pool table and basketball court to enjoy. There is also an area to purchase snacks which, perhaps surprisingly, are NOT overpriced like a lot of other hotels.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

My husband and I can't say enough about this hotel. We were so impressed with everything that came together to make our stay enjoyable. We decided to split up a long car ride into 2 shorter days now that we have an infant, and we certainly picked the right hotel to stay at!

Pros:

Fantastic Room Layout & Room Amenities - living room / seating area for 3 or 4 with an ottoman for your feet (under the coffee table), a separate desk area and desk chair, a small 2 person table for eating (so you don't have to eat at the desk or on your lap, like so many other hotel rooms!), full kitchen, enough space for a portable crib without it being in the way!!, a bathroom that has a toilet and shower/tub, with the sink separate, and best of all: a large, HD TV that swiveled 360° so that you could watch it while sitting on the couch OR while laying in bed. That alone sold us. I was able to go to sleep without the TV facing me while my husband was able to watch TV later into the evening like he enjoys.

Free Breakfast - We always book somewhere with free breakfast, and this breakfast & service certainly did not disappoint. Plentiful seating, almost every option for breakfast food (cereal, breads, muffins, yogurt, fruit, eggs, sausage, potatoes, oatmeal, make-it-yourself waffles, juices, etc) and the staff was very attentive to making sure coffee was always brewed and tables were cleaned as soon as someone left.

Hotel Amenities - Pool, hottub, and a free billiard room. Free parking for any length of time. Luggage carts are easily accessible. Business area with a printer. And an exercise room too, but... who does that on vacation?

Cons:

Front desk service - I know this changes with every employee, and I certainly don't think this reflects this hotel as a whole, but both people we dealt with were not cut out for the customer service industry. One did not seem to be able to multi-task and looked incredibly flustered when dealing with one person after another. It took me almost 20 minutes to check out when it could have easily been done in 5.

Noise - The walls and floor/ceiling seemed to be a bit thin. I could hear my neighbor next door talk on the phone almost clear as day (albeit it did sound like a heated conversation, he wasn't whispering) and when someone dropped something on the floor above us, it practically shook the room. I would suggest asking for the top floor if possible.

That being said, this was a fantastic hotel to stay in, and we can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor if possible... the walls / floors seem to not mask sound very well, and every...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

This hotel is really nice. The rooms are very spacious and very clean. I loved the fact that it had a mini kitchen with a stove. My family stayed here for two nights and we really enjoyed ourselves. The staff was extra caring and really wanted to make sure your stay was pleasurable. We were in town for a baskeball tournament so other teams stayed here as well. Everyone raved about the hotel's atmosphere and cleanliness. It was very easy to find because it was right off the main highway. The hotel is close to lots of shops and resturants which was awesome. They do serve a continental breakfast and it was really good. Food was fresh and hot. I would recommend this hotel to anyone coming to the Roanake area.

Room Tip: If you are looking for something big the first floor rooms looked a lot bigger than the rooms upstai...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Roanoke Airport? Share your experiences!