“Total Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
Peoria, Arizona
“Total Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Traveling to anywhere for a family funeral is never a pleasant experience, but this Residence Inn and its staff made more than the best of the circumstances. The facility attributes, which were excellent, was only exceeded by the pleasant staff. In particular, "Joseph," who checked us in, was exceedingly kind and saw to our every need. The funeral trip took us to three different hotels in a matter of days and neither of the others came anywhere close to the positive experience here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

111 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Maryville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We used this hotel as a home-base to meet family. The hotel met all of our needs, but like the city of Roanoke the hotel seemed dated, rough around the edges and devoid of any luxury. The close proximity to housing projects and other rundown housing certainly didn't help.

If you are travelling on business, with kids or just need a stop over this place will do fine.From what I could tell there isn't a truly nice hotel in the city. If you want any sort of experience keep driving (preferably past Roanoke.

I will say, however, that the entire staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Sarasota, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Let me start out by saying the room 206 was nice. Until I got into the shower, above my head on the ceiling, there was a black curly hair, not the kind from your head. The shower curtain lining had black mold on it. This is 2nd stay here and probably the last. The air conditioning unit fan outside was so loud. I asked I switch rooms due to the noise, but they said they were full. I also asked for a late checkout, due to an early morning golf outing so I could shower before my flight, without checking my status I was turned down, due to them being full. After I told them I was a Platinum member, they said I could pay extra for a 2 hour late checkout. They also do not serve complimentary beer or wine at night like most Residence Inns. Of course, you can buy it from the pantry...

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I'm not sure sure where Darby stayed but my Studio suites on the first floor was spotless even the bathroom. Not sure when it was built but I was very impressed with the nice modern room. Heard no noise and I faced the pool/street side. Staff was very friendly. I would defintely return.

Room Tip: 109 was a good room but if there are a lot of kids could be noisy because the pool is right outside...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for sometime for work. everyone was ver professional and nice.
I made friends with most of the staff. They made me feel at home and was always very helpful whenever I needed help.

The rooms were nice and clean.

The only thing I noticed is that John, the manager seemed to be indifferent towards the guests and would put on a 'nice' face in front of the guests but I get the feeling that he doesn't really care. He seemed very hesitant to attend to guests need if it meant that the hotel would incur any costs.

I noticed this even for the long term guests that they had. I mean, those were people that probably stayed there for months and months.
I would assume they would get even a little bit better treatment, wouldn't they?

Everyone else seemed to genuinely care for the guests.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and have a fireplace. Great during colder months.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
John D, General Manager at Residence Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback. I am glad you find our staff friendly and helpful. I am so proud of my staff as one of the comments we hear over and over is how great they are. As the GM that opened this property six years ago I take great pride in taking care of our guests and property. I have been ask by some guests if I ever have a bad day as I always seem to be so nice. Truth of the matter is I so appreciate life and the opportunities and friendships this hotel has allowed me to have with my staff and our guests. Many of our long term guests have become personal friends of me and my staff that will always be special to us. While it takes a lot of money to run a hotel in todays economic times, we strive to meet all of our guests needs. Thank you again for staying with us.
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We recently stayed in this hotel for two nights going to my daughter's graduation. It was convenient to the airport and near the roads leading to downtown and around town. I liked the room decor which had a wood motif and was nicely laid out with a big frig and small living room. I would agree with the other reviewers who said it was a bit pricey. Unlike other reviewers I did not find it dirty and the service at the front desk was excellent. The hot breakfast was definitely a plus. When you stay there try to avoid room 112 as the refrigerator was very noisy and kept me up which I found to be the only downside.

Room Tip: See above..makes sure the fridge and air conditioner are not noisy unless you are a deep sleeper
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent stay with us and your feedback. I am very sorry the dishwasher had not been run prior to your stay with us. This should have been caught by our housekeeping inspector. Some of the furniture is starting to wear some as the 2 bedrooms are out most used rooms and we only have 8. We will be replacing in the near future all of our funiture in guest rooms. With regards to the torn felt on the pool table, I am happy to let you know the table had new felt installed in May and looks very nice. Thanks for your comments regarding our nice landscaping, we get many postive comments about our curp appeal. I do hope you will stay with us again in the futre.
Sunset, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

We stay in Residence Inns all over US and always stay in the 2 bedroom suite. This hotel was dirty and was one of the highest priced Residence Inn, with the exception of large cities like New York, etc. The dishes were dirty in the dishwasher when we arrived, furniture was old and worn. The carpets were smelly and stained. They had a pool table but the felt had a HUGE rip in it. The hall carpets and stone floors were dirty.

The outdoors were clean and nice and beautifully landscaped. We should have slept outdoors.

The furniture in our 2 bedroom suite was visibly worn and the sofa was worn and stained as well as the carpet in the queen bedroom with a huge red stain to the carpet. We had to wash the dishes that were dirty in the dishwasher. Surfaces and counters were sticky.

We were traveling from New Orleans area to Washington, D.C. And had planned to stay here on our way back. I am canceling those reservations. We stayed in a Residence inn at Chattanooga Tenn the night before and it was a CLEAN first class hotel AND IT WAS $40.00 A NIGHT CHEAPER!!!

I don't mind spending the money to stay in a CLEAN, QUALITY hotel. This hotel is CLEARLY OVERCHARGING FOR THIS FILTHY BROKEN-DOWN HOTEL.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Residence Inn Roanoke Airport? Share your experiences!