“Really nice layout” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Morgantown, West Virginia
“Really nice layout”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment, not a regular hotel room. The room has a small kitchen, living area, bed and bathroom with the sink seperate from the a toilet area. I am going to start staying here every trip to Roanoke. I get per diem, so I didn't use it, but they off free dinner during the week for guests. It's nothing special, but it is free.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

What can I say....these people are the greatest and will pamper you! Our stay was all we hoped for and more. Extremely friendly staff did all they could to make our time here stress-free. Room was beautifully arranged, clean, beds slept very comfortably and the full kitchen in the room was so very convenient. Full breakfast was outstanding with all the little extras such as green onions, shredded cheddar, sour cream and salsa for the scrambled eggs. Also offered were delicious flavorful roasted potatoes and sausage patties; strawberry syrup, chocolate chips, walnuts in syrup and whipped cream for the Belgian waffles; fresh fruit salad and yummy oatmeal with all the trimmings. Breakfast area had plenty of seating room. On certain nights, a light supper can be enjoyed. After eating all that, the exercise room has great workout equipment. Hotel is easy to find, kept immaculately, and even though near the airport, it is quiet. We will definately be back! Thanks for making our 28th anniversary, birthday and Valentines Day celebration memorable!

Room Tip: Choose top floor away from elevator and stairs.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Pound, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed in a two bedroom suite, which also had two bathrooms. It was very roomy with flat screen televisions in both bedrooms and the living room, which had a sofabed. We also had a full kitchen. We were in Roanoke for a state wrestling tournament, so we were there for three nights. The rooms were spotless and Gwen, in housekeeping, was very helpful if I needed anything at all. The matresses were very comfortable. I have a sleep number bed at home, so I'm picky about this issue. I have disc issues in my neck and back, so I must have a comfortable bed. These were great!

The breakfast was delicious-cooked oatmeal, eggs, ham one day, sausage the next, fruit, yogurt,coffee, juice fresh fruit, bagels, etc. The folks working in the food service area were very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Choose a unit in the middle of the hallway upstairs for a more quiet stay. You do not want to stay n...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Housekeeping is horrible here. I have stayed here for business 5 times in the past 2 months. Beds not made properly. Mold on shower curtain. Popcorn kernels on carpet from previous guest. Stained carpets. Lumpy, uncomfortable pillows. Even a folio left in the room from a previous guest. Staff is very friendly and they fix problems but you hate to keep asking...........

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stayed 3 nights with our dog, 50-year old newlyweds, and I am disabled with severe spinal degeneration. Our room was not cleaned either day, asnd the dog was not in it, and we had no door hanger on, to prevent cleaning. The first day, it was because there were personal effects on the bed. O.k. But, nothing else was cleaned, either. The second day, bed clear, your staff had gone home by the time we were up (I am disabled and sleep on the FLOOR)! I called andcomplained,. Staff said the manager would call next day, to talk about the complaint. I said not before 11, as I do not sleep well. They called at 8:12. No apologies for that, and day 3 was ruined. At about $188/ night, including the pet fee, we expect FAR better. You need to show respect to disabled guests. We get to travel very rarely. Thanks. BTW< breakfast, hotel, desk staff treatment of us and our doggie were supperb.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Very nice customer service, say hello and ask if they can help. Had a problem with my bill which was adjusted promptly. Employees in food service were especially welcoming. Good breakfast, nice clean room.

Room Tip: Only issue is the air vent in our room blew directly on the bed, tough sleeping unless you like wind...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Lynchburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

My wife and I visited Roanoke, VA on her birthday and stayed at reference hotel.
We found the staff to be very friendly and accommodating.
Rooms are very clean.
Good hotel to stay at, especially if you have a extended stay and want a lot of space that a normal hotel room doesn't have, great location also.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn Roanoke Airport? Share your experiences!