“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Modern, clean, friendly place to stay near Roanoke's Airport. Valley View Mall is also nearby. pretty good breakfast-waffles, oatmeal, yoghurt (though wish they had some plain yoghurt, instead of just the sugary kinds), some hot dishes, like eggs, sausage and potatoes, and several types of break. Coffee was o.k. Pet friendly, too!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Charlotte
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I stayed on this property on business for 1 night last week. Very well kept and what you'd expect from a Residence Inn- comfortable & cozy room with free amenities (free breakfast, free parking, free wifi). The gym wasn't much to write home about and they have no indoor pool, but, there's a Courtyard right adjacent to it and they let you use it. The hotel is very close to the airport, two nice malls with good restaurants around & the downtown area is only a few miles away. I'd book again when visiting Roanoke in the future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Waynesville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

As my son was not able to come home for Thanksgiving, we decided to visit him and have a Thanksgiving dinner with him. The room was very clean and provided the three of us great comfort. The breakfast was exceptional and the morning breakfast staff was very nice and accommodating. The front desk staff was very friendly and efficient. The hotel has an adjoining basketball court as well as a pool table and we took advantage of each of these to pass time with our son. We enjoyed our stay with our son very much and the hotel's staff and accommodations only heightened the experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Plano
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Good and efficient hotel. Walked in, gave my name, they gave me the key, and told us free breakfast hours.

Room had new modern decor, was laid out well, and was comfortable and clean.

Breakfast had good choices and was adequate.

Only draw back was the slow reacting TV system. In one room we had a channel on that the TV in the bedroom could not pick up?

Close to major freeways.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Saginaw, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We stayed here over Thanksgiving while traveling to celebrate with family. The room was very large, we had a 1 room suite. It was very clean and had lots of sitting room. It was very convenient to have a stove & fridge so we could help contribute to Thanksgiving dinner.

The bed felt as if it were a new mattress and everything was new and modern in our room. The staff was very friendly. It is close to the mall area so lots of restaurant, shopping & grocery store options are close by.

We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Byram, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed there for 2 nights while in town for the Nascar race @ Martinsville. I was impressed with the property when I first drove up. I was greeted by a very nice guy @ the front desk for check-in. When I opened the door to my room my thought was "Wow !! Very nice !!" The room was immaculate. Nice layout, great decor,everything looked fairly new. I couldn't believe there was a gas-log fireplace. That's a 1st in a hotel room for me. The room was spotless, very comfortable bed,very spacious.It was also very quiet for being near a airport. I forgot and left the do not disturb sign on the door my 1st day there and upon returning I had a bag full of fresh towels,soap & shampoo and a note that said they came by to service the room but seen the sign and didn't want to disturb me, but if I needed anything to let them know. Very impressed !! If you're looking for a very nice place to stay at @ a reasonable price whether you're in town for a Nascar race or anything else, stay here . You WON'T be disappointed. Also it's very close to Highway 220 very easy on & off and there is a lot of places to eat and gas stations nearby.

Room Tip: I stayed in Suite 324. It's a 1br suite with king bed and fireplace with a fullsize kitchen. It...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Blacksburg, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at the Residence Inn in Roanoke. The billiard table is a nice concept, and we did like playing, but it is in need of some new felt.

We stayed in one of the rooms with the gas fireplace and liked the layout of the room. The new stainless appliances were much nicer than those of other Residence Inns I have stayed at in the past. The room was very clean and the staff was helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn Roanoke Airport? Share your experiences!