“The Nicest Hotel I've Stayed At So Far” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #11 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Byram, Mississippi
“The Nicest Hotel I've Stayed At So Far”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed there for 2 nights while in town for the Nascar race @ Martinsville. I was impressed with the property when I first drove up. I was greeted by a very nice guy @ the front desk for check-in. When I opened the door to my room my thought was "Wow !! Very nice !!" The room was immaculate. Nice layout, great decor,everything looked fairly new. I couldn't believe there was a gas-log fireplace. That's a 1st in a hotel room for me. The room was spotless, very comfortable bed,very spacious.It was also very quiet for being near a airport. I forgot and left the do not disturb sign on the door my 1st day there and upon returning I had a bag full of fresh towels,soap & shampoo and a note that said they came by to service the room but seen the sign and didn't want to disturb me, but if I needed anything to let them know. Very impressed !! If you're looking for a very nice place to stay at @ a reasonable price whether you're in town for a Nascar race or anything else, stay here . You WON'T be disappointed. Also it's very close to Highway 220 very easy on & off and there is a lot of places to eat and gas stations nearby.

Room Tip: I stayed in Suite 324. It's a 1br suite with king bed and fireplace with a fullsize kitchen. It...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Blacksburg, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at the Residence Inn in Roanoke. The billiard table is a nice concept, and we did like playing, but it is in need of some new felt.

We stayed in one of the rooms with the gas fireplace and liked the layout of the room. The new stainless appliances were much nicer than those of other Residence Inns I have stayed at in the past. The room was very clean and the staff was helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We truly enjoyed our stayed at this Residence Inn while visiting our son,wife and grandchildren in Roanoke. It was our first visit and surely will not be our last! The rooms were clean, spacious, breakfast always plentiful, and most importantly the staff (Michelle, Joseph and manager) were always so helpful! It made us feel right at home as we went in and out during our week long visit. It was all the "extra" efforts to assist when needs arose that made me want to jot a note on trip advisor (from keeping the stroller behind the desk that we forgot, to offering assistance with customer business computer/fax etc.)...whatever popped up during our stay, was well taken care of in a very personal manner. The hotel is in a nice location, easy access to "the basics"...It's a winner!...
Judy R.

Room Tip: I noticed a small basketball court (right outside) and pool table (in one side room) of the hotel th...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
John D, General Manager at Residence Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to share your postive feedback. The Residence Inn longs to make every guest feel "right at home" as you mentioned in your comments. Gald to know your first visit will not be the last as we really enjoy getting to know our guests. Many guest comments as you did about our spacious clean rooms and plentiful breakfast. I agree however that its our STAFF that makes the Residence Inn a great place to stay. I will be sure to share your comments about how thier "extra efforts for whatever popped up" made you stay extra special. We look forward to your return visit, along with those sweet grandchildren. Please tell all of your friends and family about us. See you soon!
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I stayed for a week while visiting friends in Roanoke. The location is great - near shopping and restaurants, easy freeway access. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. The staff was great. There were a few mornings I missed the maid service and asked at the front desk if my trash could be emptied. When I got back to my room, not only had the trash been emptied, the bed was made and the room cleaned up! The only reason I didn't give this an 'excellent' rating is that the pool and hot tub were closed - even though the weather was warm and humid. Would have been nice to jump in the pool! I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Since this is near an airport and a 4 story hotel, I recommend staying on the 3rd floor, in the midd...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
John D, General Manager at Residence Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking time to share your postive feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your week long stay with us and found the location to be near lots of shopping and great restaurants. Also gald you found your room to be clean and comfortable. Sorry our outdoor pool and spa was closed for the season. Should you return in the off season, please note that you can use our next door sister property, Courtyard's indoor pool and spa. We hope you will tell all of your friends and family about us and visit us again soon.
Forest, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Our room was spacious with all the necessities of home. VERY CLEAN! Bed was firm, pillows were soft - I slept like a dream. The staff was overly friendly, went out of their way to speak, and make sure we were happy. Everyone had an upbeat attitude. Good internet service. The complimentary breakfast was more than continental to me, eggs, sausage, redskin potatoes, waffle station, and then all your other standard stuff. I never heard any planes.

Room Tip: This is a pet friendly hotel, so the higher you stay you are less likely to get a pet room since the...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for staying with us and taking time to share the great comments. We are glad you found our property clean and a great value. As you notice our rooms are "spacious" they are actually about 50% larger than normal guest rooms. Most important we are glad you found our staff to be "over friendly with an upbeat additude" I will be sure to share this with them. Glad too you enjoyed our complimentary full breakfast buffet. We hope you will tell all of your friends and family about us and stay with us again in the near future.
Steubenville, Ohio, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Stayed here one night. Quick check in, clean all the way around. Bed was very comfortable. Nice pool & hot tub. Staff was courteous. Husband liked what they offered for breakfast. Mall/restaurants close by. Would recommend.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
John D, General Manager at Residence Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay with us and fantastic feedback. We are glad you found our staff to be courteous. Also glad you enjoyed our outdoor pool, hot tub and complimentary full breakfast buffet. Many guest as you did appreciate our closeness to Mall and fantastic restaurants. I hope you will tell all of your friends and family about us and return soon
Ashville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We stayed here August 1st through the 4th for our daughter's national softball tournament. The hotel is very nice, clean, staff was accomodating, however, when 11:00 pm hits..the deputy security guard walks around and inspects everyone's coolers and you are not permitted to drink alcohol anywhere in the hotel expept your room and if you drink outside of your room, it has to be in the breakfast area and you MUST purchase alcohol from the hotel. The hotel has an ABC Liquor License. If you are a coming in with a team or large groups and you are used to putting alcohol in red cups or using coozies or even drinking your own...better choose another hotel. We were in the parking lot and keeping quiet, to ourselves and were made to go to our rooms at 11pm.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us durning your daughters softball tournament. We are glad you found out staff to be accomodating and the hotel to be nice and clean. I understand your comments regarding the Alcohol policy at our hotel. These laws are set forth by the state of Virginia and have to be enforced to avoid fines and/or loss of license. We understand the guest want to enjoy an "adult beverage" which they can do in two public space areas of the hotel. Thanks again for staying with us.

Been to Residence Inn Roanoke Airport? Share your experiences!