“Road Trip to New England” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #13 of 39 Hotels in Roanoke
Naples, Florida
“Road Trip to New England”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Residence Inn Roanoke Airport was our 2nd overnight stop on our roadtrip to New Englalnd. We chose this hotel for several reasons. One reason was because it was on our route and right off of Highway 81. The second reason was that it had a full kitchen. This is a great hotel and exceptionally clean. The staff was courteous and friendly. Breakfast was also very good with a nice choice of breakfast foods. I would recommend this hotel for anyone that wants more than just a hotel room. I would not hesitate staying there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
John D, General Manager at Residence Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay with us. We are glad you choose us because of our close location to I81 and because all of our guest suites have kitchens. Residence Inn guest rooms are 50% larger than average hotel rooms. We apprecitate your comment on our property being "exceptionally clean" and the staff to be "courteous and friendly". Many guest comment as you did regarding our complimentary full breakfast buffet. We hope you will tell all of your friends and family about us and am glad you will stay again when in our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
mokate17
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

We've stayed at a lot of pet friendly hotels, and to accomodate pets, they are usually less than luxurious. This hotel, however, was modern, clean, and a really nice experience. The rooms aren't huge, but we had enough space to set up our daughters pack n play in the main area and close the doors and hang out in the bedroom. Kitchen was clean and modern, bed was comfortable, and free breakfast was great too. We were sort of bummed we were only staying one night!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent stay with us and postive feedback. We are glad you enjoyed that our hotel is pet friendly. Its nice to be considered "luxurious". Many guest, as you did, find our facility to be modern and clean. We are glad you had a postive experiance and enjoyed our complimentary full breakfast buffet. We hope you will tell all of your friends and family about us and return for a stay soon
Roanoke, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Stay june 20-21 stayed in hotel before making a flight-bodily fluid on the bed; lipstick on cups in the cabinet; makeup on pillows-told to put a blanket over it because the hotel was sold out. after many many conversations we were told our July 4th week stay would be paid for. Email confirmation from the manager confirmed this. July 4th week we arrived. We were told we still needed a credit card on record for incidentals but the stay would be taken care of. Manager, assist manager and front desk confirmed. We were charged for the whole stay. Short and snippy emails from the manager explaining how he meant one thing and typed another were exchanged but ultimately we were told it would be released immediately. Four days later we are still waiting for the refund. Marriott customer care says its the hotel, the non working manager is not ever there and we are stuck w the bill. Being a platinum member with Marriott I am disappointed and returning to Hilton.

Room Tip: Dont go near this hotel
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Caerphilly, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

We stayed one night at the Residence Inn as part of our June 2012 road trip from Florida to New York. To be honest it was booked as just a stop off on our way from South Carolina to the Shenandoah National Park, in order for us to have a rest and do some laundry, but what a nice time we had.

We arrived late afternoon and after a swift and friendly check in made our way to our room and it was great, spotlessly clean with lovely decor. At 5.30ish we made our way to the light dinner that's served certain days of the week. This night it was chilli, which was very tasty, but I would have liked some rice or some savory type bread (corn bread was served but I found that sweet and more like cake - very nice with a cup of coffee though) to go with it. There was salad but as a meal it didn't really sit that well together.

After some food we then spent a few hours enjoying the evening sunshine by the pool before heading down to Walmart for some wine and beers that we enjoyed in our room, watching TV and keeping an eye on my laundry. As this we were now well into the second week of our road trip, it was a welcome relief to put our feet up and relax in such comfortable surroundings.

Breakfast the next morning was fine, and in line with all hotels of this type, and as this is our 4th year of US road trips we know what to expect and this was typical and perfectly adequate. As we didn't have a very long drive that day we decided to take advantage of the 12 noon check out and have another few hours by the pool before leaving for the next stage of our trip.

I have to say that if I was spending time in the Roanoke area on business or for work I would be thrilled to be staying at this hotel. Clean, comfortable, friendly staff, good amenities, a great pool area and many places to eat and shop just a short drive away (not really much within walking distance). For us it was perfect and a fantastic nights beak in a hectic road trip schedule

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

I stayed here for around 4 weeks and have to rate certain things independent of others.

The actual rooms are great - modern furniture, nice stainless steel appliances, the comfortable beds and nice sheets/towels you would expect of a nice Residence Inn. The one bedroom had a fireplace which was nice to have in the winter months. The only complaint about the rooms is the layout was weird, there are four doors that all open into each other making it awkward going from the living room to the bathroom to the bedroom. The other issue is the lack of storage, very little drawer/closet/shelf space.

The hotel itself and some of their practices were not typical of my experiences with Marriott and made the hotel feel dirty and run down. Every morning the cleaning crew leaves all the trash and dirty sheets/towels from the rooms outside of each room. Then when they are done with the entire floor they start to clean up the piles of stuff lining the hallways - this doesn't usually happen until 2-4 pm. Since it is acceptable for the cleaning crew to do this the guests follow suit and they leave their trash and linens outside their room in piles and sometimes it is there all evening until the next day when they clean up again.

The location is right by the freeway (but off enough that you can't see or hear it) and a few minutes from the airport. Besides the airport being close I didn't care for the location at all, I would have preferred to stay on the other side of downtown.

Last would be the breakfast and managers reception. The breakfast was inedible, fruit in syrupy sauces like it was out of a plastic container, sausage I wouldn't feed to a dog let alone a human. The "managers reception" was a bag of lettuce and some dressing - not typical of the amazing breakfast and reception I am used to at a Residence Inn.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Manchester, New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

I have stayed with this hotel in the past and had a good review of the property. This May I had reserved a room but either forgot to cancel it or it didn't go through on the website. My bad. I called the front desk to see if I could get a refund. I spoke with Ron who said he would check and call me back. No call, so I left him a voice mail a week later. Still no call. I called and spoke with him the following week, and he said "oh I thought I processed that, let me check and I'll call you back", took my phone number again. Three weeks into this and he still did not call me back.

My mistake, I take ownership of it. It's fine if you cannot or do not want to give me a refund. I understand. But don't tell me you will or tell me you will check on it and then just don't call me back. Brushing me off is much worse than telling me straight up "no". I won't be coming back for this reason. There is another hotel right next door that will meet my needs for travel to Roanoke.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

We stayed for four days and the entire staff was friendly, cheerful and very helpful. The rooms were spacious and very clean, breakfast was wonderful, and the pool, basketball court,and billards room were great!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
John D, General Manager at Residence Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay and the fantastic feedback. I am glad you found all of our staff to be friendly and helpful. We receive lots of comments on how large and clean our guest rooms are. Residence Inn is designed for extened stay and the rooms are about 50% larger than standard hotel rooms. Our complimentary full breakfast buffet and dinner social Monday-Wednesday is a great way to save on travel cost. Glad you took advantage of our outdoor pool, basketball court and billard room. This offers our guest some options to have fun while relaxing at the hotel. We hope you will visit us again soon and please tell all of your friends and family about us.