“Outstanding Performace” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Outstanding Performace”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

I travel weekly and spend roughly 40 + weeks a year in Hotels. I have stayed in high end hotels as well as discount hotels. In my travels I have rarely encountered a hotel that simultaneously delivered on cleanliness, good food and outstanding customer server. The Residence Inn in Roanoke Va does all three.

The most impressive of the three is the customer service and that can be measured not by the service desk providing the expected level of help but how much they engage the customers and get to know them

The hotel general manager (John Dudley) and his staff are always courteous, helpful and professional . I was struck by how much they are aware of their customers when I had to change my plans and extend a day. John was working desk and was changing my reservation and he asked me which room I was currenlty in. I couldnt remember off hand but the assistant manager (Robert) actually knew which room I was in without looking at the computer.

While I realize I have stayed there for almost 3 months, if I thought this was only a level of interest in a regular customer i wouldnt take the time to write this review. I have seen John, Robert and Michelle engaging customers with equal courtesy, knowledge and support.

I cannot say enough about the staff. I look at well run organizations and it is always a combination of great employees and great management. Consistenly Great Performance cannot exist without both. I attribute that to the management team of John and Robert.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
John D, General Manager at Residence Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, February 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking time to tell us about your postive experiance. It is good to know that you find the customer service experiance so postive at our hotel. As you mention, you are a frequent guest at our hotel and we do try to get to know everybody that stays with us so we can treat them more like family while they are away from home on travel. Both of the managers work hard to take care of our staff so they in return will take care of our guests. I will share your great comments with the staff and we will continue to give the "great performance" you have come to enjoy at our property. Please tell all of your friends and family about us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Raleigh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

My wife, son, and pet enjoyed this location for 3 nights. There was a security officer on sight each night. The rooms were VERY Clean. The breakfast staff went out of their way to make each patron feel at home. The food was hot and fresh. The location is convenient to the airport, downtown Roanoke, Salem and most any area of the Roanoke Valley area. There is a $100 non-refundable pet deposit.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
John D, General Manager at Residence Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, February 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to share about your postive experiance. We are glad you found our property to be safe, convenient and clean. Many folks say or close location to major highways, regional mall and Historic Downtown is a real plus for staying here. I will be sure to share with our breakfast staff that you enjoyed the fresh hot food and that you felt they went out of thier way to take care of you. I hope you will tell all of your family and friends about us and come back again in the near future.
Bloomfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

I stayed in the studio which is quite spacious. The kitchen has everything - even a stove top. The living area and bedroom are set up very nicely and you just tilt the large TV in either direction. The location is great - just off the highway, but not close enough to be bothered by traffic. The hotel was super quiet (except you might want to turn off your refrigerator's ice maker so it doesn't come on in the middle of the night.). You are just a mile from the mall which has tons of restaurants and not far from downtown.

Breakfast is excellent-you can fill up or eat healthy with cereal, fresh fruit, and yogurt. I did not have the evening meal--two of the nights it didn't appeal to me and the one night it did (baked potato bar), I had other plans. But I saw a lot of other folks taking advantage of it.

The gym is small and was overheated but I took advantage of the pass to Gold's Gym, which is amazing. It's huge and uncrowded, even at the peak morning time. You should bring a towel with you if you plan to shower there.

Everyone at the hotel was friendly and helpful. One tiny thing was I didn't get new shampoo after I used it up the day before-not sure if they just give you one bottle per stay.

My only real complaint was my room was too warm. I didn't even have the heat turned on and the temperature stayed at 72, which is too hot for sleeping. I guess I could have tried turning the AC on, but that seemed kind of wasteful. I will try that next time though as I do plan to go back again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
John D, General Manager at Residence Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, January 30, 2012
Thanks so much for your recent stay with us and postive feedback. Lots of guest, as you did, find our location close to shopping, many resturants and Historic Downtown Roanoke. We are also glad you said our breakfast "Excellent". All of the items you mention are complimentary, along with the social Monday-Wednesday. For some of our members our fitness center is fine, however the option for a complimentary pass to Gold's Gym is great for folks needing more. I will be sure to share with our staff that you found everyone to be friendly and helpful. We hope you will return soon and please tell all of your friends, family and co-workers about us.
Upstate NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

Two adults, one med sized dog recently stayed here. The room was fine, the staff was friendly. They cut the $100 pet fee in half after inspecting the room at checkout. Breakfast was hot and good in a nice, clean area.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
John D, General Manager at Residence Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, January 27, 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you so much for staying with us and taking time to write about your postive experiance with us. We are glad you brought along your family pet. We will be sure to share with our staff that you found them to be friendly and the rooms clean. We hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to the area and please tell folks about our property when they are looking to come to our area.
Ithaca, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012 via mobile

Away from main road this hotel is quiet and clean.Everything is up to date as the hotel is only a few years old. All service people are very nice.Breakfast is substantial and they provide several options. Loved those waffles! Managers reception provides complimentary light evening menu in the evening.Nice fireplace seating in the lobby and a separate library room.My only complaint is that they did not have wine or beer as part of the managers reception which some other Residence Inns have but I have never seen such huge baked potatoes!Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2012
Dear Guest, thank you so much for staying with us. We are glad you found our property to be in like new condition, we are actually going on our 5 year but many guest tell us how new we look. We work hard to keep our property up so our guest have a good experiance. I will be sure to tell our staff you commented on how nice and friendly everyone is. Glad you enjoyed our complimentary full breakfast buffet and found our property to be quite and clean. I hope you will tell all of your friends and family about us and stay with us again on you next trip to our area. Thanks again for taking time to comment on your postive experiance.
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

I have been staying at this property for the past four years and would not stay anyplace else. It is conveniently located for all the places I visit and dine.
The Managers and all staff including the front desk, housekeeping, food service and maintenance all make me feel welcome. After the first stay, they remembered my name and each subsequent stay; have also made me feel like family. After the first stay and seeing a chart of the configuration of rooms, it gave me a good idea of the exact room(s) which I like. I seemed to have been lucky enough to have always gotten the room(s) I requested. These rooms have been clean and comfortable.
The breakfast menu is lacking...... It is the same thing day after day.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the 4th floor which is the top floor. The floors are thin and if you are on floors...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
John D, General Manager at Residence Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, January 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for doing so since we opened 4 years ago. We are glad our staff makes you feel welcome and like family, that is what Residence Inn is all about. Our property as you mention is near lots of shopping and dining options as well as all major highways, so getting around to visit and see the sites is easy. Its nice to have someone mention how nice our staff is, we will pass this along to our employees. We also are glad you found our property to be clean and comfortable and roomy. We will continue to work hard to make your stay pleasant and perhaps even add a few food items to our complimentary breakfast buffet.
Lancaster, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

This Residence Inn was very nice. The room was large, spacious and well laid out.
Enjoyed my stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Roanoke area.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your recent stay with us. We are glad that you had a postive experiance and that you found our property to be clean, comfortable and roomy. The Residence Inn's guest rooms are about 50% larger than an average guest room. Additionally having a full kitchen makes a stay a little more like home when you have to be away. Thank you for saying you will recommend our hotel to your family and friends, we look forward to a visit by you all again soon.

Been to Residence Inn Roanoke Airport? Share your experiences!