“Healthy, great desserts” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Healthy, great desserts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Don't let the location fool you- if you can find it. Insider Towers Mall, an aging strip mall with two central hallways with storefronts is where you'll find this hidden gem. Everything is healthy, tastes "clean" (meaning fresh, made on site, etc.) and I enjoy the friendly, personable staff. This has been consistent over the years I've been going there, earlier when I lived in the area and now when I'm back to visit.

When they once got an order wrong, it was fixed immediately. Dependable. The only reason I'm not rating them 5 stars is I think they could fix the place up a bit, it looks pretty rundown which makes it seem like it might not be clean, but if you look closely it IS clean, just in an older space.

This is how good it is--when my Mom has chemo nearby, this is her choice for lunch afterwards. It has become a touchstone for feeling good about how she treats herself.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Roanoke, Virginia
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

I love the wildflour's saled and soup it is freash and tasty and also healthy i would recomend this for anyone in the area.

Visited April 2012
Roanoke, Virginia
“Try their smoked turkey reuben and tomato cheddar soup”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

My wife turned me onto Wildflour's Towers Mall restaurant. I initially protested because I am a "meat and potatoes" guy, and thought the fare too "creative and artsy" for my appeal. This is a very nice, casual restaurant which has a great selection. I am sold on their smoked turkey reuben on rye and the tomato cheddar soup. My wife loved the mushroom soup. I can also highly recommend the chicken salad sandwich --it was a "handful". As for the "artsy" side, the ladies will like the interesting tea's (I prefer coke or wine, and you can get that at Wildflour). It is a very nice place and I highly recommend them.

Visited March 2012
Fairfax, Virginia
“Nice cafe”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Pleasant staff and good food. Charming enough atmosphere.

Visited April 2012
New Jersey
“Real. Good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

Can't believe this is so far down the list of Roanoke's eateries, but then it is the only place we have eaten in Roanoke, so.... While at the Rose Hill B&B the hostess recommended this place and it was real good. It was real -- lots of locals, nice mix of people and food. It was good -- everything we ate was tasty and fresh. The atmosphere is low key, slightly arty, simple. When you order a bottle of wine (at good prices, BTW), you can take the bottle with you if you don't finish it -- very cool. The only complaint might be the service which is more earnest than efficient, but that hardly mattered in what proved to be a very good night.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to Wildflour? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Wildflour, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.