“Hampton Inn at roanoke Airport” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2X HHonors Points
Ranked #3 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Hampton Inn at roanoke Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Brand new Hampton Inn at the Airport is very convenient to several restaurants and shopping. I have been traveling to Roanoke for the past 7 years. This hotel is one of the better hotels in the city and it can't be in a better place for activities. The only other hotel is the Hotel Roanoke located downtown. Staff was friendly, good clean breakfast and excellent workout room with 4 treadmill 3 elliptical machines.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Natalie S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Thank you for staying with us!

I'm so happy that you enjoyed our fitness center.

Please come back the next time you are in the Roanoke Valley.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Kernersville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a soccer tournament. The only problem we experienced was with the tv and the manager came right up to fix it. They had a indoor pool. It was not large but enough for the kids to splash in. To me the water was very cold even though the hotel said it was showing 82 degrees, The manger is working on a problem with me being overcharged on my credit card. Hopefully that will be resolved today. Great location - the mall and lots of restaurants close. Very large rooms and comfortable beds.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Natalie S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Thank you for staying with us! I appreciate your feedback. I hope you will come back and see us the next time to travel to Roanoke.
Asheville, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Judging from this new motel (just opened), the new paradigm for Hampton is "smaller". My standard room was tiny, the furniture undersized, the chair could not be moved to a nonexistent table, or for that matter, be moved to any other place in the room. The furnishings and decoration were spartan. The hot water for tea at the complimentary breakfast tasted from coffee. We are used to more from Hampton. We are now staying at an ex-Hampton motel that is very comfortable.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I apologize that your stay was not what you expected. We will use your input to improve our property. Thank you for your feedback.
Martinsville, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Visiting Roanoke for the USBC Women's State Bowling Tournament for the weekend. Upon arrival we were checked in by the general manager who quoted us a different rate for the weekend and than charged us double. Not only did she charged us double she used my credit card to pay for someone else room. Once I brought this to her attention she repeatedly stated that they had only been opened for 2 weeks. What does that have to do with her charging someone else's room to me! NOTHING!, Now I have to wait until the banks open on Monday to get it straighten out. I was offered one night free, REALLY!? Not only should I have not had to pay for the weekend, but should have been offered another weekend on them. Just for the aggravation of having to call my bank to get this mess taken care of and the fact that my card was unusable for the entire weekend. Other than that the rooms were very nice and the other staff was very helpful, but that general manager was ridiculous. She is in need of some more training!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
I apologize for your billing error. I will use this experence to better serve future guests. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help resolve your billing error. Thank you for staying with us.
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I was in the mall area a few months ago and saw this building going up, and was even happier it was already open for my trip this month to the Roanoke area. New hotel, great location and modern room furnishings.

Desk staff is clearly new and not a lot of experience. I didn't get my 'normal' upgrades for Hilton Honors member, but since it's a new hotel everything was clean and comfortable it wasn't too much of a bother.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Natalie S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Thank you for staying with us. I'm so glad to hear that you hada clean and confortable guest room. I will make sure that all of our desk clerks are upgrading our Hilton Honors members.

Please come back and see us soon. We will have a wonnderful upgraded room waiting for you!
SoCal, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

New hotel in good location next to restaurants, airport, and shopping. Staff seemed overwhelmed upon arrival and promised to help with getting our room changed to one with a tub (instead of shower), but after 45 min and two people promising to get to us, we had to speak to the general manager (who took care of it right away). Nice gym. Next day's staff was much nicer and more helpful.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Natalie S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I apologies for the inconvenience of having to wait for a room change; I have trained the front desk staff to better handle this situation in the future. Thank you for staying with us and for your patience during our first few days.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Roanoke Airport? Share your experiences!