“Traveling to within 100mi of Roanoke? You must stay here!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #16 of 37 Hotels in Roanoke
Rexburg, Idaho
“Traveling to within 100mi of Roanoke? You must stay here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2009

We were visiting the Lexington/Buena Vista area of Virginia, and stayed here on the north side of Roanoke (40 mins away). This hotel is even worth making a special trip to the southern Shenandoah Valley area of VA, just to relax! This is the most satisfied I have ever been with a hotel room balancing price, amenities, and service! The associate who checked us in (Lauren, I think) went above and beyond in anticipating our needs during our stay and also in helping us navigate the area. This looks like one of the newer Fairfield constructions. It has gorgeous stone accents on the outside of the building that set it apart from older Fairfield's I have seen. The lobby has a great design, and the business center is readily accesible, FREE, and not hidden down a corridor, as it is in some other hotels. The interior of the hotel and room were impeccably clean, and the king size bed seemed huge! To top it off, the breakfast each morning was excellent, with alot of variety and it was plentiful! We also liked that the breakfast ran from 6am-11am... the latest we have ever seen. I can't say enough about this hotel!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Middletown, DE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2008

Arrived at Fairfield at 7 PM and the check in was easy. The staff was very curtious and helped us in choosing a place to eat dinner...Hollywood Restaurant. The rooms were very clean and the complimentary breakfast was well stocked. I will gladly stay here again.

• Liked — Cleanliness and friendliness
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
WV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2008

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel. This was our first time at any Fairfield so I have nothing to compare it to. The staff were very friendly throughout our stay. Our room had 2 very comfortable queen beds with lots of pillows on each (don't often get that at most hotels), fridge and microwave, large TV, desk with chair with free wireless internet, another chair and a dresser. Our room faced the parking lot and the main road, but we never heard any traffic. The bathroom was large and very clean. The free breakfast had lots to choose from - big variety of breads, cereals, fruits, yogurt, waffle maker, hard boiled eggs, coffee, juice. The room was large too - I've stayed at some hotels where maybe 5 families would take up the whole place. I will say that the hallways were always very warm - 84 on the thermostat at one point. The thermostat in each room is on the wall, but I didn't see it until after going over to the window unit and seeing a note on it to go to the wall switch. There is not much at this exit off 81 (146) as far as restaurants or shopping. You have to go to exit 143 at the Valley Mall for those things, but that's only about 5 minutes away. There is one great place to eat at this exit if you are not wanting fast food - it's called Hollywood's. Everything is homemade and delicious. It's also a bakery so there is a large assortment of wonderful desserts. I highly recommend the peanut butter pie. :) Also, the hotel pool was not open at this point in the season, but it appeared on the small side. The exercise rooom was small with only 3 pieces of equipment so anyone looking for a good workout may be disappointed. We enjoyed our stay at this hotel and had no problems. I would stay there again.

• Liked — Convenience to our meeting/conference location
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Mechanicsburg, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2007

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn for 3 nights and have nothing but nice things to say about the property. It's conveniently located right off I-81, the rooms are a good size and immaculate and the staff couldn't be more accommodating. Everytime we asked for a restaurant or sightseeing suggestion, the person behing the desk not only happily advised us but also printed out directions for us. An earlier review commented on the beds being too hard. Though firm, I found the beds to be very comfortable and slept great. No complaints!

Stayed July 2007
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2007

We stayed here 2 nights and you can see the differences between the different marriott brands. The Fairfields are a step up from the Courtyards but are no where near what you would expect from a normal Mariott hotel. We had 2 queen beds that were very firm, so much it was hard to sleep (no pun intended).

The room and hoel is failr new and was clean. It is a quiet hotel close to the interstate for easy access. There is a McDonald's across the street and a gas station next store. Other than that didn't see much right around the hotel.

Breakfast is free but is limited to muffins, juice, bagles etc. The bread was stale when I went in to grab a piece. Don't plan on getting a fulfilling breakfast.

Overall if I needed a place to stay that was clean, quiet and in this area, I would choose this or the Hampton Inn next store. I just didn't like the beds, they were too firm.

• Liked — clean
  • Disliked — beds were too firm
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
central VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2007

I have a Marriott Rewards card because I stay at Fairfield Inn frequently when I travel to my home office, so I chose it to accumulate some rewards points.

My room was roomy and private with mountains outside my window. The beds were VERY comfortable and piled with 5 fluffy pillows each. It was a little difficult to regulate the temperature in the room, but that was a minor annoyance.

Desk staff was very helpful and kind. When I asked for a recommendation for dinner, I was told to go to Hollywood's, about a mile or so away. When I travel, (even when I don'e travel) I like to go to local restaurants. Hollywood's was a small, homey type place that apparently caters to locals and it looked like several regulars came in while I was there.

The staff there was friendly and accomodating. I asked for a suggestion, because the menu had too many choices. I had the blackened grouper, at the suggestion of the server and it was topped with a crab cake and a touch of hollondaise sauce. Grilled vegetables balanced the plate. It was absolutely delicious.

Hotel and restaraunt are both highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sussex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2006

My family stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Lexington, VA for vacation, and Hotel was absolutely beautiful, and quiet. I love the mountains, and this is the perfect spot for a gorgeous mountain view. The rooms were really nice and clean. We stayed there two nights, and the rooms were cleaned after we left for the day and returned. It is a good spot for a middle aged couple who is settled down, because it's really nothing to do besides Natural Bridge. Overall, I would recommend it to friends and family.

Mrs. Virginia T. Williams

• Liked — The easy check in
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Tips/Secrets — N/A
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Roanoke North? Share your experiences!