“Excellent for Business Travelers” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #17 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Excellent for Business Travelers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

This is a great hotel -- it is a remodeled Fairfield Inn & Suites, so it has a modern, clean vibe to it. I am a platinum Marriott member, so I stay at Springhill Suites and Fairfield Inns A LOT...and this is a good one (and ick, there are some bad ones)....Let's see - the gym is really nice at this hotel: 2 nice treadmills with working tvs on them, an elliptical with a tv, a weight bench, and free weights. It is clean and bright. Loved it. Also, there are a lot of t.v. channels - not just 14 ESPNs and Fox news, but Bravo and HGTV and all the other woman business traveler channels! lol! The beds and pillows are comfy, the hair dryer is powerful...and the staff is friendly. What else do you need? Loved it, no worries.

Room Tip: I was by the elevator and didn't hear a thing - no worries.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

103 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

The room was clean but never got really warm and there was not enough bedclothes was was cold most of the night. It was very cold outside but the room never really felt warm. No hair dryer and had to plug my laptop into the bathroom plug --no other plug available. Nice desk person both evening and morning.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Bob S, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Roanoke North, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Hi, I'm not sure why your room was cold but we often have guests that have difficulty with the thermostat on the wall. We keep our hair dryers in the closet in the guest room. We have a plug on the lamp on the desk top in all of our rooms. Thank you for the comment on our desk staff. Please call down to our reception desk for any problems that you incur at any of our properties. We are happy to do our best to resolve any issues immediately in order for you to be comfortable.
Ashburn, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Was driving home from Charlotte area and decided I had to stop. Checked in here to see how much it would cost. The receptionist gave me a great price and upgraded me to a nice room. Clean and comfortable and affordable. Close to 81 as well.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Tampa, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

I liked the hotel. It was clean and comfortable except I am pretty sure we were overcharged. When we arrived the woman behind the desk could see we were very tired and not willing to go down the street for a lower priced room. We used a AAA discount and still paid almost $150 for one night.

One thing I would suggest, if you get a room on the second floor, make sure it is not where the front lights are shinning up into your room, they are very bright. I like darkness when I sleep.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front may have a bright light shinning in at night. Choose a different area of the hote...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

After reading some of the prior negative reviews, I was concerned about staying at this hotel, but being a Marriott platinum level, I thought I would take a chance and form my own opinion. I was upgraded to a suite which was a wonderful room. The staff was really friendly and helped with all of my needs. This property could upgrade their rating to excelllent if they would keep their coffee service warm and fresh all day and if they added a few things like cooked oatmeal to their breakfast menu. I was really pleasantly surprised and enjoyed my three day stay for business. By the way, the Valley View Mall (only about 4 miles away) has everything that anyone could want including a Panera, Starbucks, Barnes&Noble and most of the big department stores.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Berlin, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Friendly staff,very clean,spacious and comfortable room. For some unknown reason we were upgraded to a suite at no extra cost. The included breakfast was far more than the usual "continental". Will definitely stay here when in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

As a AAA Rep, I would recommend our members to stay at this hotel. Very Clean and updated hotel. Close to I-81. Comfortable beds, and very peaceful. Did not have a chance to have breakfast, but I'm sure it was good. I stay at a fairfield last fall, and my stay also was great there.
very satisfied.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Roanoke North? Share your experiences!