“Pleasant Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Nashville, Tennessee
“Pleasant Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

On my way to visit family in Maryland from Nashville, I decided this time to spend a night at a midway point to make the drive less taxing. I found this property in my search (and what sounded like a nice place to eat nearby also) so I booked my room here. The hotel was a snap to find as it is almost literally right of the exit and yet does not sit so close to the highway as to be noisy at night. The room I had was a king bed and when I first went to the room I thought I had been upgraded to a small suite. The set up of the room was great and made it seem that way. Instead of just one big long room with the bed and a small sofa etc on the side wall, the room is divided up into a seating area with the sofa and a built in wall unit and then the bedroom part is separated from it somewhat so that it seems more like a suite and if one of you wants to watch the television and the other wants to sleep it is possible with this set up. The room looked to be just renovated and was clean, fresh and new.
The staff were also very friendly and helpful when I had a question. They also proudly showed the remodelling that was being done and the new amenities being added. A lot of which were geared to the business people and ease of internet hookup etc. The dining area where they served the breakfast that comes with the stay was large and open and pleasant. The food area was kept stocked and clean and the breakfast was a bit above average for an included with your room breakfast.
I enjoyed my stay here and will most likely stay there again next time I drive to Md. to see family.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Eustis, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

When I entered the lobby the place was so dark that I thought there was no one there. It was a bit scary at first. There was no one at the front desk to greet you and all the lights over the desk were out. I was just about ready to leave when someone came in from the back. The lobby also had a funny smell to it. I am not sure what it was but it wasn't pleasant. The room was an executive king as I have stayed with them before, but I didn't feel like it was as clean as some others that I have stayed at. To say the least I was a tad disappointed. I am a Marriott member and I can tell you I don't think it was up to their standards. I won't stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Stayed here recently on business and found the lobby and room to be clean and spacious. The place has been recently renovated so it had the new carpet small in areas, but I'd rather have new carpet smells than the alternatives found in other hotels that show their age. Front desk was friendly, breakfast was standard fare of pastries and cereals, with the only items that can be served hot being oatmeal packets and some sausage/biscuit combinations you zap in the microwave. Ate at a nearby restaurant that the front desk recommended called Hollywoods Restaurant and Bakery on Williamson Road less than 2 miles away - definitely worth a try!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Easton, Pennsylvania, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Used my AAA card when booking a day prior to save a few bucks. Had room 203 with 2 queen beds. When entering the hotel at 10pm, the lobby looked clean and in order, checked in quickly, the hallways looked clean and orderly. When getting off the 2nd floor elevator, I did catch a whiff of disinfectant, but it wasn't as bad as other placed I have stayed in the are. I also found the room clean and comfortable with a whiff of disinfectant. (those shades do close once you figure out how) I slept well and was on my way the next day after the included simple breakfast. I would give 4.5 stars, but rounding up.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Searsport, Maine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We always request a room with a king-size bed. This hotel only has 5 rooms with that size bed. We were put in a room right near an outside door & down the hall from the lobby. They definitely saved money on insulation....we heard the outside door close every time & heard several conversations at the front desk...with our door closed! In addition, the doors to each room slam shut due to the fact that the mechanisms are set that way, I guess. When I mentioned this, I was told I was wrong. I invited the clerk to see for herself, but why should she bother? The room was handicap-accessible...............the bathroom had no hooks & no vanity to put toiletries on...all in all, poor service & a horrible nights' sleep.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I just stayed at the Fairfield Inn North Roanoke and found it to be superb. The property looks to have recently been re-modeled and is very clean and neat. I encountered no issues during my brief stay and found the management and front desk staff to be friendly, helpful, and very hospitable. Although the hotel is a short distance from I-81, I found it to be very quiet. Overall, I say it is a great value for the price and I would definitely stay here again if presented the opportunity.

Room Tip: Stay in the rear of the hotel, away from the interstate.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

The first thing I noticed when I walked in was the odor that was in the lobby. Not a good sign even if your Hotel is under construction. The front desk Manager Kelli was not very friendly and found her to be extremely rude. It might have been just me but the following morning witnessed another front desk person being the same way to a Guest who had a question about the Property,
Never once reviewing the hotel amenities, where the room was located, where to park, when breakfast was served or anything else. This was very unlike a Fairfield Property that I have ever encountered. The rate was over $130 a night and found the rooms to be ok and the tv reception wasn't good at all. I planned on staying 2 nights and after one night cancelled and found a nearby Hotel that was much less and far better. It takes alot for me to spend the time looking for a new hotel but was very happy I did.

Room Tip: Try to find another place to stay
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Roanoke North? Share your experiences!