“Fairfield Inn, Roanoke, VA” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #16 of 37 Hotels in Roanoke
Rock Hill, South Carolina
“Fairfield Inn, Roanoke, VA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a very good Fairfield, Inn. We were traveling on the Blueridge Parkway and Roanoke was our lay-over destination. The hotel is further away from the Blueridge than we liked but it was only a 15 minute ride to get there from the trail. There is a good Mexican restaurant within walking distance from the hotel that we enjoyed.

Room Tip: Try the Mexican restaurant within walking distance. There in a Hampton Inn right next door that is...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

From the moment we arrived (midnight) it was excellent. We were heading to Radford University the next morning for a "College Tour". Great location just off I81. Amazing views of the surrounding mountains. Friendly, quick and courteous check in with "Ricky". I inquired about the availability of an "accessible" room, I recently had knee surgery, and was able to get one. The bath tub and a lower clearance to step into with a fold down seat, fixed shower head as well as a hand held shower head. Worked like a charm!!
I also had asked, in passing, how far Radford was from the hotel, to find the next morning printed directions and a friendly reminder to come down and enjoy breakfast slipped under our door. Fairfield offers a deluxe continental breakfast, this one is probably the BEST we've encountered in all of our years staying at Fairfield Inns. The selection was better than we've ever had. The vanilla malted fresh made waffles were wonderful! The Staff from the Front Desk to Housekeeping and Breakfast Attendent were very friendly. The hotel is very clean!! If in the area again, this will be our hotel of choice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Recently stayed while on a business trip. Great location, just off I-81, very close to the airport. Great view of the surrounding mountains. Comfortable King size bed, 40-42" flat panel TV, in room micro/fridge. High speed wifi internet access. I didn't have a chance to run a speed test, but, it seemed to be about average. Breakfast was a bit disappointing. Aside from freshly made waffles, the breakfast options were items in a cooling rack that could be microwaved.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Athens, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Although I did not request an accessible room I received one upon my recent check in; I hope this review is helpful to anyone specifically seeking an accessible room review.

The hotel was full during my stay (a Virginia Tech game that weekend), and check in was smooth. I rarely had to wait for an elevator during my stay. Upon arriving at my room I noticed that it did have a button to push to open the door; I did not test it, but it appeared that you would insert your keycard and then hold the button down for five seconds rather than using the handle.

The room was spacious but appeared just like the photos of the two queen room on the website. If you were using a wheelchair or walker I imagine you might want to move the desk chair into the far corner of the room, but that is the only adjustment that jumped out at me. The microwave might have been a little challenging to reach from a wheelchair, but everything else was easy to get to and at a suitable height.

The bathroom was noticeably different and clearly designed for accessibility. The tub/shower featured a fold down bench and a hand held shower. There was a stationary shower head as well, but I could not get it to work. The water did seem to increase in heat a bit over time and the bench is not within arm's reach of the controls; if you are not able to move on your own to adjust the controls I encourage you to wait a few minutes for the water to stabilize before getting in. Additionally, the bench are in the tub is next to the sink; you cannot place your wheelchair next to the bench. It may be challenging to transfer from a wheelchair to the bench without assistance. There are wall bars for support in the tub and on the wall behind and to the left of the toilet. There is minimal countertop around the sink (compared to a standard room). One thing I did notice: there were no tissues in this room. I have a feeling they usually go in the standard bathroom vanity and this adjusted vanity did not allow for them. Towels were placed only on the wall above the toilet. If you were using a wheelchair bath towels would be out of reach.

If you were navigating the breakfast area with a wheelchair or assisting someone using a wheelchair I would think this would be your largest challenge. Again, the hotel was full during my stay. Items on the breakfast buffet are placed very closely together and the area is congested. The coffee is essentially in a corner. Tables and other seating in the area is placed close enough together that I found it challenging to get around the room.

This room was directly across from the vending area and one room away from the elevators.

I would stay here again if the situation called for it, but I'd be just as likely to look at another hotel in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is a great compliment to Va Tech Hokie fans who dominated the hotel, probably for the football game. The place was clean, friendly, and relatively near Blacksburg being just off of the interstate. The breakfast buffet was very good for a continental selection. Planning on going back for a game next year. Really enjoyed seeing all of the guests with Hokie shirts on.

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Florida, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Stayed here for one night - is is close to highway - easy to find - shopping and dining close by. Nice area! The room was very clean and new, staff very friendly. Breakfast was good - waffles, sandwiches, yogurts, fruits - everything you would want - very good coffee. The pool was closed - Jacuzzi inside and nice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Cedarhurst, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I used this hotel as a stopping point on my way to Gatlinburg, TN. Easy on/off I-81 and in a good location. The front desk staff were extremely friendly and when I asked to change my room, they did it without any question or conversation.
My room overlooked the outdoor pool and it was a bit noisy with children until about 8pm but other than that, there was no extraneous noise.
This Fairfield Inn offered more than the regular Jimmy Dean Biscuits. There was a selection of lower calorie items and this went a long way for me. The turkey/cheese breakfast burrito was excellent and the woman running the breakfast was very friendly, chatty and really seemed to care about the conversations she had.
I will definitely be stopping at this hotel on my next trip.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Roanoke North? Share your experiences!