“Friendly Staff, excellent location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #14 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Cedarhurst, New York
“Friendly Staff, excellent location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I used this hotel as a stopping point on my way to Gatlinburg, TN. Easy on/off I-81 and in a good location. The front desk staff were extremely friendly and when I asked to change my room, they did it without any question or conversation.
My room overlooked the outdoor pool and it was a bit noisy with children until about 8pm but other than that, there was no extraneous noise.
This Fairfield Inn offered more than the regular Jimmy Dean Biscuits. There was a selection of lower calorie items and this went a long way for me. The turkey/cheese breakfast burrito was excellent and the woman running the breakfast was very friendly, chatty and really seemed to care about the conversations she had.
I will definitely be stopping at this hotel on my next trip.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We went down to Roanoke for the weekend. This hotel is outside of the city, but a little closer to where we were doing some hiking. The location is close to Hollins (and a Gander Mtn if you need some last minute hiking supplies).

The room was very comfortable, nicer than other Fairfields I've been to. It was clean and a good value for the money. There is an exercise room and an outdoor pool and the whirlpool was a great treat after a long hike.

Breakfast is what I would call, "expanded continental." It included the regular cold cereal and muffin options, but had a waffle maker and breakfast burritos as well. It was enough to keep us tied over until an early dinner. Geraldine, keeper of the breakfast bar, was incredibly warm and welcoming. She took the time to learn each person's names and introduce us to each other. Fantastic service!

All and all a nice stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dearborn, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

If you like quaint, inviting, and clean the Fairfield will accomodate you! Service=great, Staff=friendly, Value=depends on your rate, Cleaniness=great housekeeping, Location= perfect (not too busy)

A kind tip to the hotel management "Discard the old bed sheets".

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

I just stayed in this hotel last weekend on my way home to penn. from Alabama. I really didn't expect much because it's not around much and is located just off the highway I could not have been more wrong. I was thoroughly blown away by the customer service. I work at a five star hotel so I expect a lot typically. Now I must say that I arrived at 2am and departed at 9am, but I was treated like I was an extended stay resident. The breakfast is one of the best continental around, partly because of the assortment of options but primarily because of the women that tends to the breakfast. She was absolutely phenomenal with my tired three year old son who is a grouch in the morning especially after a long car ride. Thank you and look forward to seeing you on my next trip south.

• Stayed May 2012
Berlin, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

The location is not really central. We did stay there only a night, so this was ok for us, however the dinner opportunities are limited. The hotel does not offer dinner and the breakfast is not very good (though included in the rate). We arrived at 8pm and the staff was not very friendly as we were welcomed with "Already have keys?" instead of a hello or welcome. They seemed as we would have disturbed them in doing something else. The rooms are clean, but not very modern and everything looks a bit old fashioned. For all this service I found the rate too high.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. They went above and beyond to make my stay a very pleasant one. I recommend this to anyone who wants a great place to stay in Roanoke.

• Stayed April 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Right off the highway, dropped in withou reservation got 2 queen room for $122. Hotel is very good shape. Nice clean room, comfortable beds, free wifi. Free breakfast decent and very friendly staff.

• Stayed April 2012

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Roanoke North? Share your experiences!