“Nice place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
Seaford, Virginia
“Nice place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

We spent the night here on Dec. 26, 2011 on our way to Pigeon Forge TN. The hotel is right off the interstate, easy to get to as it has a traffic light. The front desk was very friendly, check in was easy. We got to our room and could not get the heat to come on, the person at the front desk came to our room immediately and got it working for us. The room was clean and comfortable, looks like a new hotel, and the room was good size.
The breakfast bar in the morning was very good also, and the lady working it, Geraldine, was exceptional.
We would definitely recommend this hotel to all.

Room Tip: Our room was on the first floor, near a side entrance. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

99 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Lebanon, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011 via mobile

This is a convenient, clean, friendly place to stay in Roanoke. The place seems very new and the staff is very friendly. I have a feeling this will be our one night stop over during our many journeys to Georgia. Highly recommend!!

• Stayed December 2011
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

I recently returned to Roanoke and a number of hotels were already booked. I decided to stay at the Fairfield Inn and was pleased with my decision. The hotel is very clean and the staff is efficient. The room (executive king) was fairly spacious and the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast bar is nothing to write home about as far as food, but Ms. G who tends to the bar was a joy. I stayed for three nights, and she not only remembered my name, but those of other travelers as well. It was a great way to start off a day, and she always made me smile. The hotel is right off of I-81, so convenient for travelers. I had business in downtown Roanoke, and the commute was only about 5-10 minutes even in rush hour. I would stay again.

Room Tip: I stayed in an executive king, which I believe is a little larger than a regular room and has a sepa...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dahlonega, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011 via mobile

I stayed in a king room both times traveling to and fro down and up 81. The first room was on the first floor very nice , roomy and clean . The second room was on a higher floor and more suite like and still very nice with a sitting area to watch tv. The staff was very friendly. Breakfast good standard. Very great stop between Atlanta and Pennsylvania. Very clean and very comfortable. The rate was just a few bucks over $100.00 I would really recommend this for a resting spot off 81. Pretty view outside and fast food and gas.

• Stayed November 2011
Colonial Heights, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

I cam across this hotel last week at my client's suggestion and came away pleasantly surprised. Hotel is updated and the staff was excellent. Great value for the money and Deluxe continental breakfast was very well maintained. The have an indoor whirlpool that was great after a long dayt, Based on this experience, I would look to return to this hotel on my next visit town.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Lancaster, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011 via mobile

Very nice hotel with friendly staff, but G on the breakfast room introduced herself to everyone and then to each other it made day.

• Stayed November 2011
Wolllongong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

I happened upon the town of Roanoke on a conference trip. I stayed at the Fairfield because it was close to the conference location, and offered a greta price on accomodation. Because all the conference booked rooms were taken, they offered me an upgrade for the same price! Perfect!
I was really grateful for the kindness of the staff. They were accomodating ( they let me use the kitchen to make a much needed cup of tea when the urn was broke -this is very important to Australians!), and always willing to help. Unfortunately, when we left we were overcharged and found it difficult to reach staff that could help - I understand they only have casual staff on the weekend - and it wasn't until we were in Australia we resolved the situation. However, watching your bank statements is general travel advice, and not an exclusive flaw of this Hotel.

My issue with the hotel is not its staff, nor cleaniness, but with the location. It's far from town, and there is no public transport. For business purposes though, the hotel does have a van they use to provide (free!) transport, and they were very generous to guests. Catching a cab into "downtown" Roanoke to eat though, was about $25 each way (before tip). Not a problem if you have your own car, but certainly something to keep in mind

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Roanoke North? Share your experiences!