“Very Nice Suite” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Greensboro, Georgia
“Very Nice Suite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

We have stayed at a number of suites hotels and found the layout here to be very inviting and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. The room and facility were clean and well maintained. The continental breakfast was good and offered a number of choices including egg sandwiches, sausage biscuits and waffles. Good place to stop on a road trip.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Va Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

If you're not able to get into Blacksburg or Christiansburg, this is a great location for those going to a football game or anything at Va Tech. We used this property for the Tech-UVA game last month and was very pleased. Marriott rewards member**

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
bryn mawr, pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

The service I received was exceptional, free cab to airport, free shuttle pick-up at night, unbelievable free breakfast.
Bed is very firm, and not a pillow top; that appeals to me.

2 minor qualms. Can't shut the curtains at night, and there is a pretty fair amount of light cascading in.
And the toilet paper dispenser placement is ridiculous. It is too close to the toilet, you cannot sit down without it being in the way..

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Williamsburg, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

Upon arriving at this particular Fairfield after 2 a.m., check-in wasn't a breeze. I personally was a front desk manager at a Marriott property for 6 years & have knowledge of the Marriott standards, rules & regulations. Kim the night auditor basically tried to pull the wool over my eyes with a ridiculous cash payer's policy that was never heard of, according to other front desk staff associates at this hotel. She stated that I could only pay cash if I also paid an additional $250 deposit for incidentals. When I asked if she could simply turn off my telephone & on-command movies so I wouldnt be able to occur any charges, she stated that it was immpossible (not true). Then I told her that I didn't have the extra $250 deposit for incidentals that I would be refunded at check out & if there were any other options since I didnt want to pay using my credit card, & she said the only other option she could think of would be for me & my 2-year old finding another hotel to reside in that will accept cash without any policies. Again let me remind you, it's after 2a.m. & she's telling me to find another hotel in an unfamiliar area with my 2year old! I was very upset & I knew the real reason why she did'nt want to accept cash at that time & was giving me a hard time. That reason is because she had already ran her audit report & was just pretty much being lazy not wanting to post & drop the money to avoid having to run the audit all over again. Solution: Don't run your report so early Kim & stop being so lazy! I stated to her after all of this that I knew the politics of the hotel hospitality industry like the back of my hand & she had nothing to say. I WOULD NEVER RETURN TO THIS HOTEL AGAIN & I SUGGEST IF YOU'RE A CASH PAYING GUEST; NOT TO RESIDE THERE AS WELL!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

Great rooms and service for the price i paid ($80).. They initially goofed up with the check as I was alloted a room that someone had already checked in. But the staff took the necessary action when i alerted them and moved me to a higher priced room. rooms were clean and had the bed just like i wanted it..
The breakfast as ordinary.. choice and bread and juice could have been better..

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2010

My daughter and I had a very good experience at this hotel. We stayed there for one night as a stopover on a trip. The hotel is very close to I-81. The room and bathroom were large, quiet and comfortable. Everything was clean and the free breakfast was very good with lots of healthy options. We used the fitness room, which was average. My only complaint was the price. We paid about $142 (including tax), which I thought was a bit high for this hotel. Other hotels in the area seemed to be somewhat overpriced as well, possibly due to making a reservation close to the date that we stayed, which was on a Friday.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
boston, ma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2010

We stayed here for two nights recently. The hotel is brand new, and super clean. I loved that there were two gas stations and a McDonald's at the same exit. I had the first room right outside of the font desk and breakfast area. I would have expected it to be a lot noisier than it was, but it wasn't too bad! My only complaint was that since our room was on the first floor by the front door it was really bright at night. I kept waking up thinking that the sun had come up, but it was just the parking lot lights! The staff was incredibly nice and helpful, and gave us lots of local information. I'd stay there again in a second.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Roanoke North? Share your experiences!