“Corned Beef & Co. Roanoke Virginia” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Corned Beef & CO is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #124 of 377 Restaurants in Roanoke
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Rustburg, Virginia
“Corned Beef & Co. Roanoke Virginia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Excellent sandwiches. We were pleasantly surprised with the ambiance and food at Corned Beef & Co. Service was very good as well. We plan on returning in the future.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Charlotte, NC
“Great place for dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I was in town for business and had dinner here on a Wednesday evening around 6pm. I had heard the night scene is wild but the place is still tame and suitable for familys at 6pm. The food was fantastic and the service was entertaining and spot on. I had a blackened chicken over linguine dish that was delicious! The beer is ice cold with a nice selection and the roof top view is fantastic. Great place to have dinner outdoors but was still a little cool and breezy the night we were there.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Not Bad for Beers and "Executive Happy Hour"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stopped in here for a couple beers on a Thursday afternoon. The selection was pretty standard, but I did enjoy one of the local brews on tap. On the particular day I stopped in, there were free appetizers out as part of their executive happy hour promotion. They were pretty good, but limited. We didn't stay for dinner, but our bill for a few drinks was pretty reasonable. The place was pretty empty, too.

Visited May 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Average food with a friendly bartender delivering top notch service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I was in town looking for a place to grab something to take back to my hotel. This place was recommended to me by the owner of nearby ice cream shop. To be honest, when I heard the name I was turned off. I am no fan of corned beef and thought it may be some sort of Irish pub. After browsing the menu at the hostess stand for a bit, I headed over to the bar to place my order. I was greeted by Jennifer, the bartender that evening, who was extremely courteous and very friendly. Debating on whether or not to get a dessert, she gave me descriptions of all options along with some favorites. I wasn't sure how well my selection that involved a scoop of ice cream would hold up, but went ahead and ordered it anyhow thinking I'd eat a runny mess of goop. I ordered the blackened chicken sandwich and an order of their curly fries. The chicken coating was the color of cayenne pepper and did pack a bit of heat to it, but not true blackened flavor; that is a rare thing to find. The chicken breast was extremely thin, dry around the edges and moister in the middle. The melted cheese, onions and soft bun enhanced the overall flavor and made for an average sandwich. The fries were a bit greasy with the right amount of salt, but tasty nonetheless. My dessert choice was the blonde brownie supreme; which they boxed up separately. Surprisingly, my ice cream was still frozen 30 minutes after walking out of the restaurant. I figured it had to have been treated with something as it was warm outside and should have melted some. The vanilla ice cream was nothing special, but the thin blonde brownie was loaded with walnuts and drizzled in chocolate, resembling the taste of a chocolate chip cookie. I'm not sure I needed the dessert, but it was pretty good. I'd give this place a second try if ever in Roanoke again. I must say I witnessed Jennifer interact with other customers while I waited for my order; she delivered top notch service each time. I hope Corned Beef & Co. realizes she is an asset to the company; the waitstaff can make or break a place.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Richmond, VA
“Good Food and Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Went early (6:15) for dinner on a Monday night, and I was the only one in the restaurant! This place was recommended by the Hotel Roanoke registration as having a good sandwiches. There was a wide variety of items on the menu, but the Greek Philly stood out as something different - sliced steak, peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, olives and feta cheese on sub roll. I tried it without the olives, and it came out without tomatoes too, but it was quite tasty. There was a ton of meat and the feta was plentiful also. Being the only one there, service was quick and very friendly. No complaints!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere