“Great fun and food!! Good Value for your money!!” 4 of 5 stars

15405197851
Website
Improve this listing
White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia
“Great fun and food!! Good Value for your money!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2015

My friend and I have been twice - it was great fun both times. The show is interaction and the exciting - fast moving We both times have enjoyed very much the like-minded people we ate with - meaning they were fun people looking for a good meal and a fun time. All ages can enjoy the play - I'm sorry to say neither time I guessed who did it - but when they "revealed" it was just to die for - haha -. The meal is great - my friend has special diet restrictions and they are always so helpful with that - providing her a great alternative. The costumes are crazy and zany!!

Visited October 2014

“A Fun Time for All”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2014

This is the second one I have been to and it was a blast. The actors are fun and interact with the audience making everyone feel like part of the show.

Visited November 2014
Roanoke, Virginia
“A lot of fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

The Star City Mystery Dinner Theater consistently provides a great evening of good food and original entertainment. I was fortunate to find this gem a several plays ago and have never been disappointed. The cast interacts with the audience (audience participation is encouraged) during the performance and during the well timed breaks serve the multi-course dinner. Midway through the evening the mystery element is unveiled then during the dessert course it is up to the audience to determine "Who done it?" Whether you guess correctly or not, the experience ends up being a lot of fun!

Visited January 2014
Star_City_Mystery, Owner at Star City Mystery Dinner Theater, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you so much for the fantastic review. We really appreciate hearing what our guests have to say and we look forward to having you back at one of our future shows!
“Not worth it”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I don't want to say this, but i have to. It was very unprofessional. They had it in a conference room of the hotel. There is no props or decorations, just a bare room. The actors work for free so they seek tips at the end......this is in addition to the $35 they charge to attend. The food wasn't hot and the actors are the waiters as well. For the money they charge you would think that they would have help. It was very disappointing, and i felt like i was tricked. I posted this so no one else will spend that much money for a 30 minute play. Not to sabotage anyones business, thank you.

Visited January 2014
Thank you very much for your review. I am so sorry that the evening did not meet your expectations. We will use your feedback to try to provide a better experience in the future and I will certainly pass your concerns about the meal temperature back to the hotel. As always, if you'd like to discuss anything with me directly, please feel free to email or call.
Roanoke, Virginia
“A great evening.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

This was a great show. I really enjoyed the show and it was so great how they incorporated the dinner with the show. When I got there, I was curious of how it all worked and was fascinated at how it all worked. The actors interacted with the audience which really takes talent. I am looking forward to going to see the next show. It was a great all around evening. The show was great, the food was great and the company was great as well. The actors even got together with us afterwards for photos=)

Visited October 2013
We were so happy to have you join us for a show and are delighted you had a good time! We can't wait to see you back in the future.