You added The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel to your Saves list
The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #2 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
San Francisco, California
“An historic gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2010

My husband and I stayed here with our two young children (a toddler and an infant) on December 26, 2009 after determining that Roanoke is the approximate halfway point for our trip from New York to Nashville. What a pleasant surprise! The hotel is an enormous tudor that is a significant part of the Roanoke skyline. The updates (I assume done when the hotel was acquired by Doubletree) are modern, yet the hotel retains its traditional look and atmosphere. The front desk was a bit slow, but not slow enough to truly warrant complaint. We booked a Queen room for a very reasonable price through the hotel's website but were upgraded to an extremely roomy and well-appointed suite with a large flat screen television in each of the two rooms. Furnishings were new and tasteful yet worked well with the character of the hotel. Even with two cribs, the bedroom was one of the more spacious I've stayed in. We ordered room service for breakfast and found the food very good and reasonably priced as compared to comparable hotels in larger cities. A nice bonus: the hotel was decorated to the nines for Christmas with a large number of trees decorated by local businesses. The location is very nice--walking distance to a pleasant downtown and numerous restaurants. It's also minutes from I-81. All in all, we were very impressed.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
mquonce, Public Relations Manager at The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, March 23, 2010
Dear Sydneybluefrog, we appreciate your review and are glad you could make it for holidays! While The Hotel Roanoke is great to visit year round, we certainly try to go out of our way to make the winter holiday season a sight to behold for all ages. We hope you have another chance to visit the area and are thrilled you enjoyed your stay. Safe travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
New River Valley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the hotel Dec 12/13 to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. On the positive side the Hotel and its staff were in top form and the Hotel as always was tastefully decorated for the Christmas season. Our room was wonderfully appointed.

On the negative side we continue to experience a contined slide in the quality of food in its famed Regency Room. My wife and I have been having "Special Occasion" dinners at the Regency Room for some 30 years. Last year we had a horrible anniversary dinner at the Regency Room and subsequently exchanged emails with the hotel manager. He graciously asked us to come back "on him" at a future date, which I totally forgot about until making this year's reservations. I emailed the manager to see if his offer still "stood" but was treated to "no response". Chaulking this up to being too late we went ahead with our dinner and room reservations. Unfortunately, we were once again disappointed with out dinners. My wife and I ordered the same steak (aged NY Strip) cooked the same way (Medium Rare). My wife's steak was perfectly prepared but mine was a different story - well done and dry. I could not believe it and thought about returning it before my wife asked that we not go through what we did last year so I merely "toughed it out". After much reflection I have finally decided to share our experience as we have sadly written off the Regency Room. If you stay in Roanoke we would highly recommend staying at the Hotel Roanoke but suggest you avoid dinner at the Regency Room as it simply is not what it used to be.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
mquonce, public relations manager at The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, December 30, 2009
Dear SWVirginians, Happy Anniversary! And thank you for the kind comments about the Hotel. We are greatly disappointed that we failed to meet expectations on your anniversary dinners. We sincerely apologize for such an inconvenience as this is not our standard nor is it representative of The Regency Room. We would appreciate the opportunity to make it up to you. We are sharing the review with our staff.
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2009

My husband is originally from Roanoke and when we visit he insists on staying here.The hotel has lots of ambiance and is so convenient to the market area. Not a cookie cutter hotel,even if it is now in the Hilton family.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
richmond, va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2009

This stately hotel has immense charm. We were attending a wedding and had a very nice room, everything was great except the area between the tub and the vanity, it was dirty and hairy. We called housekeeping and were told someone would come and clean it while we were out, this was about 5pm, when we returned after 11 the dirt was still there. We also ran out of toilet paper while there. We were staying on our rewards points so when we expressed our disappointment they gave us a certificate for a free night which was fair. I think the very size of this place must make it difficult for the staff, however, this could be a much better rated resort if they cleaned up their act, literally. We did eat breakfast there and it was very good, the dining room was lovely. The music in the bar at night was very good also as was the service.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
mquonce, public relations manager at The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, December 8, 2009
Dear Susan822, we appreciate your feedback and have shared your review with our staff. There is absolutely no excuse for what you experienced and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. This is not the standard of our service or hotel and we would love the opportunity to make it up to you. We are glad you enjoyed the hotel atmosphere and hope you will come back to visit us soon. We look forward to your return.
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2009

The hotel is a very nice building. Looks like it is an historic location.
Took a while to check in as they did not have many people at the desk. Everyone was nice though. When I got to my room there was a layer of dust on the bathroom vanity and the bedside tables. Not as obvious on the desk area. I called the front desk and they offered to send someone up but I declined. I was tired and hungry and the last thing I wanted to do was hang around waiting for someone to come up. Once I refused the maid service that was it. They should have at least offered to buy me a drink or something.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
mquonce, public relations manager at The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2009
Dear NoJLtravel, we apologize for the inconvenience of your stay. This is not acceptable by our standards and we have shared your review with our staff. We hope that you will visit again soon and let us make it up to you.
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2009

Delivered a presentation to a small business group and found the hotel staff to be incredibly helpful in every way. I even left my laptop power adapter after the conference and they were kind enough to mail it back to me at their own expense. I highly recommend The Hotel Roanoke.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Dear devdiver, thank you for your review. We are always at your service at The Hotel Roanoe and Conference Center. Our guests are our number one priority always. I am glad we were to find and return your laptop power adapter. Please come back and visit when you get the chance. We hope to see you soon!
Charlottesville, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2009

Hotel and room were tastefully decorated - very elegant. Felt more like a boutique hotel (except for the large size). The walls were a bit thin - I could hear noise in the hallway late at night, but otherwise a very enjoyable experience.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear Katiek347, we sincerely apologize for the noise heard late at night, we are taking measures to reduce hallway noise. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you come again soon. There are a lot of great things happening in the Roanoke Valley and southwest Virginia!

Been to The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel

Address: 110 Shenandoah Ave, Roanoke, VA 24016
Location: United States > Virginia > Roanoke
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#1 Romantic Hotel in Roanoke
#1 Business Hotel in Roanoke
#2 Family Hotel in Roanoke
Hotel Class:4 star — The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel 4*
Built in 1882, the fully-restored Tudor-style Hotel Roanoke is proudly listed on the National Register of Historic Places. As a member of IACC (International Association of Conference Centers), Hotel Roanoke is pleased to offer world-class lodging facilities, including newly renovated guest rooms and 63,000 square feet of state-of-the-art conference space. The hotel's business facilities include 35 meeting rooms, a fixed-seat lecture hall, two boardrooms, conference center lounge and an elegant hotel ballroom which can accommodate up to 1,400 guests. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, Expedia, getaroom.com, Odigeo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The Hotel Roanoke And Conference Center, a Doubletree By Hilton Hotel
Hotel Roanoke Doubletree

If you own or manage The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.