Save Saved
You added The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel to your Saves list
The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #2 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Comments”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

1. Front desk check-in was fast & good.
2. Most of the valets opened the doors for us.
3. There were parking charges (downtown Roanoke).
4. Nice furniture, beautiful decor.
5. Beautiful view from 3rd floor room, other than the roof A/C.
6. Clean room & bathroom.
7. Large pool, pool & hot tub area was clean.
8. Large fitness center.
9. Very pleased with our stay there, would like to stay there again.

Room Tip: Corner suite was large and bright.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

1,042 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Roanoke, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I purchased an Executive Room for my best friend and her husband for their 23rd wedding anniversary. I had set up an evening of surprises for them, including a stay at the Hotel Roanoke. The hotel is lovely and the room was wonderful. They thoroughly enjoyed their stay. However, I specifically asked that they not be given a copy of the bill since I was paying for everything myself. I specified this when I made the reservation, when I confirmed the reservation, and when I checked them in myself. Despite the hotel's repeated assurances that they had made careful notes to ensure that my friend and her husband would not receive a bill, the bill was slid under their door the next morning. I was thoroughly disappointed with this mistake. The whole point of the surprises I had planned for my friends was that they would never have to know or worry about the cost. The Hotel Roanoke is a lovely establishment, but it is very disappointing that they couldn't manage such a simple detail.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I recently picked up Roanoke as part of my territory and had the pleasure of staying at the HR Roanoke Doubletree last night for the first time. This is an older legacy property and reminds me of some of the other historic (1800's) properties that Hilton has purchased and branded such as the Chicago Hilton on Michigan Ave and the Seelbach Hilton in Louisville, I cant say anything negative at all about this property. The staff was fantastic, the location cant be beat and it is truly ground zero for anything and everything that you would want to do in downtown Roanoke. It is connected to the main Market Square entertainment / dining district via a dedicated covered heated walkway so you can easily walk to literally scores of restaurants and bars from the property. I stay at many Hilton branded properties nationwide and this is going to be my home base every time I come to town!
Thanks for a great Diamond experience!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Welcome is the word that best describes the way I felt when I checked in and got my room key, when I was shown to my room and helped because of my disabilities to settle in. I felt welcome when I called the desk with a small problem with my room and they moved mountains to make sure it was put to order quickly and that I was satisfied with my quarters and not offended by their intrusion into my room to repair the problem, a problem with witch they had nothing to do with the cause but fixed almost before I had finished explaining it needed to be. My experience with these mostly young dedicated and very intensely courteous people was one I'll never forget. I had a wonderful stay and to my knowledge the other members of my reunion party did too. If I am ever in the area again I will not stay anywhere else.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I needed to break up the 8 hour drive and this hotel was a great stop. The room was clean. I loved the warm cookie I received at check-in. I ate dinner in the bar and was served well. I will definitely consider staying here the next time I need to break up a long drive.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I loved staying at Hotel Roanoke, especially during the Christmas season. It's classic and very well maintained. My room was comfortable with great beds and very clean. I love that you can step outside, walk to the walkway that crosses the railroad tracks (you get a great view of the city from the walkway) and you end up in the heart of downtown with an amazing mix of shops and restaurants. Definitely recommend a stay at this historic hotel and take time to walk around the halls and look at the historic photos.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that looks out at the downtown area and across to the mountain with the Roanoke star...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Gary_Walton_GM, General Manager at The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Slaniergraham, thank you for your review and for choosing the hotel for your accommodations. We appreciate the kind words and hope if your travels return you to the Valley, you will again choose us for your stay. We look forward to serving you.

Gary Walton
Accrington, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

What a wonderful hotel. We stayed here for 3 nights. Had a fabulous room which had great views and spotlessly clean and had everything you needed. The breakfast buffet was excellent together with the service. We had a meal in the restaurant on the 4 July which was excellent. The pool area was excellent. We will definitely stay here again when we come back to the area.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Margy65, thank you for your review and for choosing the hotel for your accommodations. We appreciate the kind words and the recommendation! I will surely pass along your kind words to our staff. We look forward to serving you again.

Gary Walton

Been to The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel

Address: 110 Shenandoah Ave, Roanoke, VA 24016
Location: United States > Virginia > Roanoke
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#1 Romantic Hotel in Roanoke
#2 Business Hotel in Roanoke
#2 Family Hotel in Roanoke
Hotel Class:4 star — The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel 4*
Built in 1882, the fully-restored Tudor-style Hotel Roanoke is proudly listed on the National Register of Historic Places. As a member of IACC (International Association of Conference Centers), Hotel Roanoke is pleased to offer world-class lodging facilities, including newly renovated guest rooms and 63,000 square feet of state-of-the-art conference space. The hotel's business facilities include 35 meeting rooms, a fixed-seat lecture hall, two boardrooms, conference center lounge and an elegant hotel ballroom which can accommodate up to 1,400 guests. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The Hotel Roanoke And Conference Center, a Doubletree By Hilton Hotel
Hotel Roanoke Doubletree

If you own or manage The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.