“This is how all guests should be treated!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel

You added The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel to your Saves list
The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   110 Shenandoah Ave, Roanoke, VA 24016   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Rates from $109!
Ranked #2 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Roanoke, Virginia
“This is how all guests should be treated!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I was recently married in Roanoke, VA and my wife and I arranged to have our guests stay at The Hotel Roanoke. We also booked our shuttle through the property so our guests would be able to come and go as they please. Scott Kitts with The Hotel Roanoke and Towne Park was incredible to work with. He handled my multiple, uninformed phone calls with professionalism and class. My wife and I felt as if we were the number one priority in the hotel due to the courteous staff on hand and the patience exhibited by Mr. Kitts.

The facility is amazing. The location is perfectly situated in the middle of downtown Roanoke and everything is within walking distance. The decision to have our guests stay at The Hotel Roanoke was easily one of the best we made during the entire wedding process.

If we ever need another shuttle or venue for any event we will contact The Hotel Roanoke and Scott Kitts personally!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Gary_Walton_GM, General Manager at The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Travis C, thank you for your review and for choosing the hotel for your accommodations. What a fabulous review to read! Congratulations on your wonderful life event and thank you for choosing our hotel for your guests. I will surely pass along the kind words to our staff and hope if you return to the area, you will again choose the hotel for your accommodations.

Gary Walton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Fort Lauderdale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

For the landmark hotel of Roanoke area, the rooms need refrigerators and wi-fi at the minimum. Also, the special offer of corner room with a view needs clarification of "a corner room with a view or just a corner room" My "view" from the second floor was of an asphalt parking lot and the rocks on top of the first floor overhang. Left a real sour taste in my mouth. And our family function was not even listed on the "events" e-board for other family guests to know where the event room was, so I had to stand out front and do the directing myself. A real let down.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Charles H, thank you for your review and for choosing the hotel for your accommodations. We do offer complimentary wi-fi in all guest rooms and have refrigerators available at your convenience. I apologize for the clarification issue on the guest room and your event not being listed. We understand the frustration and are working to get these issues fixed immediately so this doesn't happen again. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

atlanta, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The hotel, once we were there, was a wonderful experience, aside from the cranky server at breakfast who didn't want us there becasue we came in at 10:05 for a breakfast buffet that ended at 10:30. I would recommend it, but you better get to breakfast earlier. Making the reservation was a horrible experience. The hotel sent me to the 800 line, who kept telling me they didn't have any vacancy at the hotel for the room type I wanted, which was incorrect. The hotel front desk confirmed the room I wanted was available, but couldn't make the reservation herself. I called the 800 number back several times, and they started taking my call with an immediate response that their system was down and I'd have to call back later (obviuosly, they could see my number when I dialed in). When I finally got smart and asked for a supervisor, she found the room I wanted available and booked it. It took me about an hour and a half to get to that point.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Jennifer C, thank you for your review and for choosing the hotel for your accommodations. I apologize for the inconveniences experienced. We are reviewing this internally to ensure this doesn't happen again. I appreciate you sharing this experience with us so that we can make our operations run more smoothly and efficiently. I hope you give us another chance when visiting the area.

Aiken, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The room was nice and decorated with period furniture. Good oversized room and a very neat, old hotel. They only issue we had was a clogged drain in the shower and the room was not very clean. I would give a 2 out of 5 on the housekeeping.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Ryan O, thank you for your review and for choosing the hotel for your accommodations. I apologize for the inconvenience experienced. This is not acceptable and we will be implementing corrective measures immediately. We appreciate you sharing your experience with us so that we can better our operations. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you again.

Atlanta, Ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

My husband and I have been traveling for a month. The Hotel Roanoke is our last hotel stop on the way home---- what a treat! Everyone has been so helpful and pleasant. Lewis (valet) could not have been better---From getting ice in our cooler to providing transportation to dinner (wonderful meal, his referral). Our every need was addressed by the whole staff. Look forward to coming back!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Gary_Walton_GM, General Manager at The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear SpicyAtlanta_Ga, thank you for your review and for choosing the hotel for your accommodations. We are honored to have been a part of your month long trip and are pleased to read that everything went exceptionally well! I will be sure to pass along the kind words! We look forward to serving you again.

Safe Travels,
York County
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I loved it. The hotel is pretty big, so it's a far walk to certain rooms. You have to explore to figure out what the best way to your room. Beautiful scenery and close to many points of interest. I adore all of the decorations inside and out.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear ellabellaelephant, thank you for your review and for choosing the hotel for your accommodations. We appreciate the kind words and hope if your travels return you to the Valley, you will again choose us for your stay. We look forward to serving you.

Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Stayed here for one night , perfect location and a lovely hotel. Warm Cookies were given to us upon arrival at check in, and the bar was very cozy if in Roanoke again I will stay here without question ! The bed was comfortable and bathrooms were very nice I have no problems with this place

Stayed July 2014
Dear Mathew B, thank you for your review and for choosing the hotel for your accommodations. I am glad that your stay went without any issues and you will be back with us again! We look forward to serving you!

Gary Walton

Been to The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel

Address: 110 Shenandoah Ave, Roanoke, VA 24016
Location: United States > Virginia > Roanoke
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#1 Business Hotel in Roanoke
#1 Romantic Hotel in Roanoke
#2 Family Hotel in Roanoke
Hotel Class:4 star — The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel 4*
Built in 1882, the fully-restored Tudor-style Hotel Roanoke is proudly listed on the National Register of Historic Places. As a member of IACC (International Association of Conference Centers), Hotel Roanoke is pleased to offer world-class lodging facilities, including newly renovated guest rooms and 63,000 square feet of state-of-the-art conference space. The hotel's business facilities include 35 meeting rooms, a fixed-seat lecture hall, two boardrooms, conference center lounge and an elegant hotel ballroom which can accommodate up to 1,400 guests. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The Hotel Roanoke And Conference Center, a Doubletree By Hilton Hotel
Hotel Roanoke Doubletree

If you own or manage The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.