“Hotel wonderful, booking reservation very difficult” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel

You added The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel to your Saves list
The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   110 Shenandoah Ave, Roanoke, VA 24016   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Rates from $149!
Ranked #3 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Certificate of Excellence 2014
atlanta, United States
“Hotel wonderful, booking reservation very difficult”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The hotel, once we were there, was a wonderful experience, aside from the cranky server at breakfast who didn't want us there becasue we came in at 10:05 for a breakfast buffet that ended at 10:30. I would recommend it, but you better get to breakfast earlier. Making the reservation was a horrible experience. The hotel sent me to the 800 line, who kept telling me they didn't have any vacancy at the hotel for the room type I wanted, which was incorrect. The hotel front desk confirmed the room I wanted was available, but couldn't make the reservation herself. I called the 800 number back several times, and they started taking my call with an immediate response that their system was down and I'd have to call back later (obviuosly, they could see my number when I dialed in). When I finally got smart and asked for a supervisor, she found the room I wanted available and booked it. It took me about an hour and a half to get to that point.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Gary_Walton_GM, General Manager at The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Jennifer C, thank you for your review and for choosing the hotel for your accommodations. I apologize for the inconveniences experienced. We are reviewing this internally to ensure this doesn't happen again. I appreciate you sharing this experience with us so that we can make our operations run more smoothly and efficiently. I hope you give us another chance when visiting the area.

Gary Walton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
Aiken, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The room was nice and decorated with period furniture. Good oversized room and a very neat, old hotel. They only issue we had was a clogged drain in the shower and the room was not very clean. I would give a 2 out of 5 on the housekeeping.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Ryan O, thank you for your review and for choosing the hotel for your accommodations. I apologize for the inconvenience experienced. This is not acceptable and we will be implementing corrective measures immediately. We appreciate you sharing your experience with us so that we can better our operations. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you again.

Atlanta, Ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

My husband and I have been traveling for a month. The Hotel Roanoke is our last hotel stop on the way home---- what a treat! Everyone has been so helpful and pleasant. Lewis (valet) could not have been better---From getting ice in our cooler to providing transportation to dinner (wonderful meal, his referral). Our every need was addressed by the whole staff. Look forward to coming back!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Gary_Walton_GM, General Manager at The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear SpicyAtlanta_Ga, thank you for your review and for choosing the hotel for your accommodations. We are honored to have been a part of your month long trip and are pleased to read that everything went exceptionally well! I will be sure to pass along the kind words! We look forward to serving you again.

Safe Travels,
York County
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

I loved it. The hotel is pretty big, so it's a far walk to certain rooms. You have to explore to figure out what the best way to your room. Beautiful scenery and close to many points of interest. I adore all of the decorations inside and out.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear ellabellaelephant, thank you for your review and for choosing the hotel for your accommodations. We appreciate the kind words and hope if your travels return you to the Valley, you will again choose us for your stay. We look forward to serving you.

Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Stayed here for one night , perfect location and a lovely hotel. Warm Cookies were given to us upon arrival at check in, and the bar was very cozy if in Roanoke again I will stay here without question ! The bed was comfortable and bathrooms were very nice I have no problems with this place

Stayed July 2014
Dear Mathew B, thank you for your review and for choosing the hotel for your accommodations. I am glad that your stay went without any issues and you will be back with us again! We look forward to serving you!

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Rarely does everything about a hotel stay make you want to immediately write a review sharing your positive experience. This is the exception.

Upon check-in we were cheerfully greeted w/ valet parking (valet is $13 versus self parking at $8) and prompt bell-service. From there, check-in took less than one minute and we received fresh cookies. We're Hilton Honors members so we received a fantastic HH floor room with a view of the pool. I've attached photos of our room and the hotel so you can see for yourself.

The room was spotless, comfortable, and perfect for July 4th as we had an in-room view of Roanoke's fireworks displays. Complimentary wifi and quality toiletries completed the experience.

I highly recommend this hotel and if we find ourselves back in Roanoke, we'll stay there again for sure.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear childfree_traveller, thank you for your review and for choosing the hotel for your accommodations. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and loved the pictures you took . We are honored to have you as a guest and appreciate your patronage to the family of hotels. We look forward to serving you again soon!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I think I stayed here the same night as Islington2. I arrived frazzled and tired from a long drive to discover that I couldn't get to the front of the hotel. So I went to the other entrance and realized how far away I was from the front. I opted for valet parking because I didn't know what else to do. I had luggage, laptop, and full camera gear and could not manage it myself. I could the blame the hotel for forcing me to spend $13 for valet parking, but I don't. They couldn't know, and the $13 was well worth it. The hotel is not perfect. It is well situated in Roanoke, and has lots of history. I was given an Executive room, although I did not request it (not complaining about this). The Executive rooms are on the first floor which I found strange. There were two phones in the room. The cordless one didn't work at all, and the cord between the phone and the handset kept falling out. I found two extra pillows on the bed with stained pillow cases, and there were extraneous hairs in the bath tub. Cleanliness is clearly not their strong suit. The Executive Lounge was a bit of a joke. It's very small, and when I went in, it was pretty much dominated by a large family with children. Obviously I can't fault the hotel for that, and I don't. What I'm saying is that as Executive Lounges go, this fails.
On the positive side, the bed was very comfortable, the desk staff was very welcoming, and check out was very smooth (by phone). The bellman came when I called, and my car was in the front of the hotel. I have not been very complimentary about this hotel, but I have to say that when I return to Roanoke, I will stay here again. They try very hard to make your stay a pleasant one.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear Gana B, thank you for your review and for choosing the hotel for your accommodations. I apologize for the inconvenience experienced and will be sharing your review with our staff. I am glad to read that you will give us another try and granted while circumstances weren't ideal upon this visit, it is in no way a reason for the difficulties experienced. We look forward to serving you again and can guarantee your next stay will be world-class.

Gary Walton

Been to The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel

Address: 110 Shenandoah Ave, Roanoke, VA 24016
Location: United States > Virginia > Roanoke
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#1 Business Hotel in Roanoke
#1 Romantic Hotel in Roanoke
#1 Family Hotel in Roanoke
Hotel Class:4 star — The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel 4*
Built in 1882, the fully-restored Tudor-style Hotel Roanoke is proudly listed on the National Register of Historic Places. As a member of IACC (International Association of Conference Centers), Hotel Roanoke is pleased to offer world-class lodging facilities, including newly renovated guest rooms and 63,000 square feet of state-of-the-art conference space. The hotel's business facilities include 35 meeting rooms, a fixed-seat lecture hall, two boardrooms, conference center lounge and an elegant hotel ballroom which can accommodate up to 1,400 guests. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The Hotel Roanoke And Conference Center, a Doubletree By Hilton Hotel
Hotel Roanoke Doubletree

If you own or manage The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.