You added The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel to your Saves list
The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #2 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Fredericksburg, United States
“Love This Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Hotel Roanoke is affordable Luxury. Excellent Service, lovely rooms, and a treat just to walk around inside this historic hotel. A great place for a weekend getaway with on-site services and walking distance to restaurants and shops.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Gary_Walton_GM, General Manager at The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Elizabeth D, thank you for your review and for choosing the hotel for your accommodations. We appreciate the kind words and look forward to serving you again.

Gary Walton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Salem, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Front desk staff were friendly and the warm cookies were a nice surprise treat. The room was very small but very clean. I couldnt believe there was no mini fridge. Being that there is a 5 star restaurant on the lower level Id expect a mini fridge to be available in every room for leftovers or to keep a bottle of wine, which is exactly what I needed it for. It took over an hour and a second phone request to get a second bath robe sent to our room. The halls were cluttered with housekeeping carts, dirty laundry, and dirty dishes after 4pm. I guess I just expected a 5 star hotel room for a 5 star price tag.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Jessica G, thank you for your review and for choosing the hotel for your accommodations. I will share your review with our team and ensure that corrective measures are put into place. It is unacceptable by our standards and I apologize for the inconvenience experienced. I do hope if your travels return you to the Valley that you will again choose us for your accommodations.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

First time staying at this hotel and I wasn't disappointed. Excellent service and close to many restaurants. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The only thing I didn't like was the self parking but if you don't mind paying $13.00 for valet parking, you're set.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear georger365, thank you for your review and for choosing the hotel for your accommodations. I am glad you experienced the hotel and hope that if your travels bring you back to the area that we will again be back to serve you.

Harrisonburg, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

The room was very clean and very quiet. I wished we could have stayed longer than one night! The buffet breakfast was good; however, they should consider adding pancakes to the food choices. Especially happy that the shuttle took us round trip to the Civic Center - very nice perk.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Jim A, thank you for your review and for choosing the hotel for your accommodations. I will share your review with our food and beverage team to see if we can get other options circulating through. I hope if your travels bring you back to the area, you will again choose us for your accommodations.

San Jose, CA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

As in past stays, the Hotel Roanoke surpasses itself in the staff being very friendly, polite, helpful and always making you feel at home. Although this hotel is a Double Tree it certainly could rank as a full Hilton property !! Keep up the amazing customer service !

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Mark G, thank you for your review and for choosing the hotel for your accommodations. We appreciate your return patronage and look forward to serving you again in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I stayed two nights for business at this lovely Historic Property which was built in 1882 and recently renovated in conjunction with Virginia Tech. The hotel is located in a park-like area near the interstate. The lobby and public areas are gorgeous, with wood paneling, marble, crystal, period reproduction furniture, and a large fireplace. My room was large and inviting with three windows, two queen beds, a night table, two easy chairs with table between, a large desk, a chest with TV on top, and another small chest which housed the coffee service. The room decor, as in the public areas, was period reproduction with marble tops and a several beautiful lamps. The bathroom was also spacious and updated, with a charming marble-topped vanity, and even a lighted makeup mirror. My room was on the Hilton Honors Floor, which was the second floor, and the view was limited. I question why the Honors Floor is not a higher floor which would have provided a beautiful view of the surrounding mountains. The room and public areas were exceptionally clean. I had lunch in the gorgeous fine dining Regency Room. Service was excellent, as were the fried oyster salad, famous Spoon Bread (a somewhat mushy cornbread side dish) and Peanut Soup (like a creamy satay sauce without the spice). I also dined at the Pine Room Pub, which is an upscale bar with pine paneled walls, a fireplace, TV, and pool tables, featuring oversized sandwiches. The food and service were excellent as well. All employees were attentive and friendly. I highly recommend this property, although the $200+ night room charge is high for the Roanoke area.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear 107marciak, thank you for your review and for choosing the hotel for your accommodations. We appreciate the recommendation as well as the comprehensive review. I hope if your travels bring you back to the Roanoke area, you will again choose us for your stay.

Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

A beautiful property, and certainly nearly deserves its No. 1 rating, I am sure, but there are a few issues that stopped me from giving it the 5-Star rating.

Number one issue: the parking situation. One either parks in a lot quite some distance from the main entrance, and it just doesn't feel safe to do that at night, or one has valet parking. The people who park your car for you also do duty as a sort of concierge service, and are bellhops, to boot. However, the fellows who parked my car knew almost nothing about the surrounding area, and could not tell me anything about where to go or how to get there. Secondly, in my case, the front desk called for the car when I was ready to go out, telling me that they would notify me when my car was brought around. I waited 15 minutes in the lobby, and no one came. Finally, I went outside and there was my vehicle, sitting unattended, and unlocked. I asked why no one had come to let me know the car was there, and I was told it wasn't the way they do things. Finally, when I checked out of the hotel, the car was called around again, and the parking staff did not offer to help me with my bags. I loaded the car myself with the staff of young men looking on! The whole parking/concierge/bellhop staff were amateurish and not a good first impression for guests.

In terms of housekeeping, I must say that I was disappointed that the coffee was not replaced on the second day. I had to go search of the housekeeper to get the coffee, as she did not come when the front desk staff called her.

Finally, some of the front desk staff are not dressed very professionally; much too casually for a place like the Hotel Roanoke.

On the positive side, the property, as mentioned, is gorgeous and historic. The wood-paneled bar is fantastic, with great service and a really good burger.

As a Hilton Honors member, I look for properties that fall within the Hilton family, so I would stay here again if the price were right.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Jamestown1619, thank you for your review and for choosing the hotel for your accommodations. I am sharing your review with our staff so that we may better our operations and improve our service. It is not acceptable and we apologize for the inconvenience experience. We will better our operations and hope that we will be able to serve you again.

Gary Walton

Been to The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel

Address: 110 Shenandoah Ave, Roanoke, VA 24016
Location: United States > Virginia > Roanoke
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#1 Romantic Hotel in Roanoke
#1 Business Hotel in Roanoke
#2 Family Hotel in Roanoke
Hotel Class:4 star — The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel 4*
Built in 1882, the fully-restored Tudor-style Hotel Roanoke is proudly listed on the National Register of Historic Places. As a member of IACC (International Association of Conference Centers), Hotel Roanoke is pleased to offer world-class lodging facilities, including newly renovated guest rooms and 63,000 square feet of state-of-the-art conference space. The hotel's business facilities include 35 meeting rooms, a fixed-seat lecture hall, two boardrooms, conference center lounge and an elegant hotel ballroom which can accommodate up to 1,400 guests. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The Hotel Roanoke And Conference Center, a Doubletree By Hilton Hotel
Hotel Roanoke Doubletree

If you own or manage The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.