“stay at double tree roanoke” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel to your Saves list
The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   110 Shenandoah Ave, Roanoke, VA 24016   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Fall Rates from $119!
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Roanoke
A TripAdvisor Member
“stay at double tree roanoke”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

spent excellent 2 nights at the double tree roanoke ane enjoyed the experience very much would use them again, within walking distance of town of a very nice city centre very surprised at the size of hotel and the city plenty to do and see.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Gary_Walton_GM, General Manager at The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for your review and for choosing us for your accommodations. If you ever find yourself in the Roanoke Valley again, we would be delighted and honored to serve you again.

Gary Walton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I checked in late Sunday Night on Business. The woman at the front desk was so friendly and paid attention to where I was from (PA) we had a nice conversation about where she was from PA also. Offered me a warm hot cookie. I was orginially on the lower level of the Hotel. I wasn't getting good wi-fi service and the next morning I asked if I could be switched. Within minutes I was up on a higher floor with a King Bed vs. Double Beds. The staff was incredibly welcoming and friendly.

Beautiful hotel in Downtown Roanoke. Close and within walking distance of all the restaurants and shops Roanoke has to offer.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Gary_Walton_GM, General Manager at The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear JMUJeepGRL07, thank you for your review and for choosing us for your accommodations. It's great to see when guests feel our hotel is a home to them as we strive daily to provide the best in service, product and experience. I am thrilled to see that you were taken good care of and hope that when visiting the area again, you will choose us for your accommodations.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Hotel Roanoke has prompted me to write my first online review. The Hotel in itself is very elegant and filled with history. The rooms were clean, beds comfortable, everything you could ask for in a hotel. But what really blew me away was the customer service. Our inquiries were promptly met and although we did come across one issue...management responded and compensated for the mistake without hesitation. After we had left, I realized I left my suit in the closet. Hotel Roanoke quickly offered to mail back my suit free of charge. "It's on us", said the representative I spoke with. Absolutely amazing. I will be staying here for every trip I take to Roanoke from now on!

Room Tip: Courtyard facing rooms offered a great view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Miguel A, thank you for your review and for choosing us for your accommodations. I am thrilled to read that our response was quick and handled appropriately. While we strive for perfection there are going to be a few missteps along the way and we work diligently to ensure that our actions are corrected immediately. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Rocky Mount, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Hotel Roanoke is where my husband and I had our wedding reception. It was wonderful there and was wonderful when we came back one year later to celebrate our anniversary. I cant say enough wonderful things about this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Gary_Walton_GM, General Manager at The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Michelle P, we are honored to have been a part of your special day as well as a continuing setting for your love. Thank You! We hope to provide many more wonderful years or memories and experiences. On behalf of the staff we are truly grateful and honored.

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

A pleasant slice of old railroad history. This hotel is well restored in a good location with Market Square. The room are comfortable and distinct from modern cookie cutter hotels. The hotel does have quirks with the internet and phones but nothing serious. Very pleasant staff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear mike h, thank you for your review and for choosing us for your accommodations. I hope if you ever find yourself again in the Roanoke Valley, we will have the opportunity to serve you.

Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

This hotel is very old and full of history but wonderfully renovated!! I spent a couple of nights here while in town for business and each time I walked anywhere in the hotel I constantly was looking around marveling at the beauty. The staff is very friendly - some sort of hospitality coop with Virginia Tech. Very romantic setting - would love to come back with my wife! Each night we walked to excellent restaurants in downtown from the hotel - just a few minutes away!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear phatboyboogaloo, thank you for your review and for choosing us for your accommodations. I was delighted to read your review and we would love to serve you and your wife on a return visit. I appreciate the kind words and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Eden, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

From the moment I pulled up in front of the hotel I was mesmerized!!! My family & I were in Roanoke for a dance competition that weekend. I felt like I had stepped back in time upon entering the hotel I loved the furniture, the wall paintings etc.... I will definitely return to this hotel in the future. Our room was really nice. Everything was clean & rooms are kept up good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear donna_27288, thank you for your review and for choosing us for your accommodations. We strive daily to provide the absolute best in product, service and experience and I am thrilled we exceeded upon your stay. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Gary Walton

Been to The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel

Address: 110 Shenandoah Ave, Roanoke, VA 24016
Location: United States > Virginia > Roanoke
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#1 Romantic Hotel in Roanoke
#2 Business Hotel in Roanoke
#2 Family Hotel in Roanoke
Hotel Class:4 star — The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel 4*
Built in 1882, the fully-restored Tudor-style Hotel Roanoke is proudly listed on the National Register of Historic Places. As a member of IACC (International Association of Conference Centers), Hotel Roanoke is pleased to offer world-class lodging facilities, including newly renovated guest rooms and 63,000 square feet of state-of-the-art conference space. The hotel's business facilities include 35 meeting rooms, a fixed-seat lecture hall, two boardrooms, conference center lounge and an elegant hotel ballroom which can accommodate up to 1,400 guests. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Venere and Otel so you can book your The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The Hotel Roanoke And Conference Center, a Doubletree By Hilton Hotel
Hotel Roanoke Doubletree

If you own or manage The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.