“Great place to meet and stay on business” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel

You added The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel to your Saves list
The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   110 Shenandoah Ave, Roanoke, VA 24016   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Rates from $109!
Ranked #2 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Atlanta
“Great place to meet and stay on business”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Stayed here this week and had a business planning session. Great hotel. The staff ultra friendly, from reception to the valet, everyone was great! Reception even handed out warm cookies. Delicious! When I walked into the room, I was taken back by how small the beds seemed, but maybe it was just me. My associates and I had dinner at the restaurant in the hotel and everything was great. They seemed a little slow but I chalk that up to our group being a large party. The business session was held in one of their conference rooms. Well appointed and the snacks and drinks were great to get you through a day long session. One really nice point is the sky bridge to walk across to get downtown and visit local establishments. Well done! All in all a great place to stay and meet. If you are in Roanoke you probably already know this. If you are coming to town on business, please consider staying here. There is no other place I would rather be in Roanoke, VA.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Gary_Walton_GM, General Manager at The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Nate R, thank you for your review of the hotel and choosing us for your accommodations. We appreciate the honest and comprehensive review of your stay as it's a great indicator of all our guests can experience upon staying with us. I hope you have the opportunity to come back again soon to experience our southern hospitality.

Gary Walton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
washington dc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights, but didn't have a chance to enjoy any facilities at the hotel. Upon arrival I was pleased with the old world architecture of the hotel and knew instantly that I would experience a first class weekend.
Check in and check out was easy and friendly. The rooms are well appointed, mostly spacious and furnished with quality amenities. The bed was comfortable and bathroom was clean and bright.
The hotel charges for parking, whether you self park or valet, something I didn't care for or expect in Roanoke.
Nevertheless, if I ever return to the area, the Hotel Roanoke /Double Tree by Hilton, is at the top of my list.
Great job to the staff and management and continued success.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Gary_Walton_GM, General Manager at The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear 1spartan1, thank you for your review of the hotel. We are always honored when guests have an experience we strive for all guests to have. I will be sure to pass on the kind words to our staff and team and hope you have the opportunity to come back again in the near future.

Safe Travels,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

I was in town for bussiness one night. service superb and had a beautiful room upgrade. I arrived late and went downstairs to the dining room which was delicious. I had a crab cake and a glass of wine, delicious. But even being an appetizer it put me over my company expense account limit...a little pricy. I would stay again for sure

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Gary_Walton_GM, General Manager at The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear A F, thank you for your review of the hotel and choosing us for your accommodations when visiting on business. I am glad you had a chance to experience The Regency Room while you were here as well. I hope you have the opportunity in the future to come explore all Virginia's Blue Ridge has to offer.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

I was in town for business. Got a great mid week rate. The service was very friendly. Took the shuttle to a small venue for a concert then walked back great area for night life. And the staff was willing to pick us up and drop off if needed downtown for added convienence. But we also like to explore. Great place

• Stayed October 2011
Gary_Walton_GM, General Manager at The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear DandHDirkse, thank you for your review of the hotel and for choosing us for your accommodations. I am glad you had the opportunity to check out some of the live music and happenings in our area. There is so much going on with great things on the horizon. I hope you have the chance to come back again and visit the area. We would love to host you again.

Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

As a native to the region, I can state there are few places both state & nationally, that can possibly compare with the total experience & integrity as that of the Staff & The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center.

Room Tip: To be honest - all rooms offer the same comfort - Note: I have photos to share and will provide su...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Brenda G, thank you for your review of the hotel and for the kind comments. It really means a lot to us as our staff and team works daily to deliver the best product, service and experience to our guests. It is wonderful to see it in action and am glad you had the opportunity to experience it with us.

Thank you again!

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I usually try and stay here while I'm on business. The hotel is a classic with lots of charm! My king room was of ample size and the bed was pretty comfortable. Check in was easy and my room was ready even though I arrived at 2:00pm. Doubletree Cookies are the best! Self parking is a little bit of a pain because it's "down the hill" so I used valet for $12. They have a great feature where you can text your ticket number to the valet and they get your call! As a techy I appreciate that. The rooms are usually on the pricier side. My rate of $175 was quite higher than similar properties in the area but in my opinion worth it! I will be back!

• Stayed October 2011
Dear Matthew D, thank you for your review of the hotel. So glad you were able to experience our authentic Hilton hospitality. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Safe travels.

South Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I was stayed here for a business trip. The staff were very nice. Check in was quick and easy. The room was reasonable size and very clean. The bed was comfortable. If I had a complaint it would be that the air conditioner was kind of loud. This is a very old building and I guess the retrofit for the AC caused this. It wasn't major. Just a little annoying. The hotel is in walking distance from downtown Roanoke by a covered bridge. Hilton has done a great job keeping this building clean. The flowers outside were wonderful. Roanoke is a beautifal town and the Blue Ridge Parkway is a short distance away.

Room Tip: Ask for a map and list of places to eat downtown from the staff. They have a good list of places in...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear SouthMississippian, thank you for your review of the hotel and for choosing us for your accommodations. We apologize for the inconvenience of the A/C. I am thrilled to read your review of Roanoke and the Blue Ridge Parkway. I hope in the near future you can come back and visit the area as a leisure traveler as well. There are so many great things going on in our area of the country.

Gary Walton

Been to The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel

Address: 110 Shenandoah Ave, Roanoke, VA 24016
Location: United States > Virginia > Roanoke
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#1 Romantic Hotel in Roanoke
#1 Business Hotel in Roanoke
#2 Family Hotel in Roanoke
Hotel Class:4 star — The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel 4*
Built in 1882, the fully-restored Tudor-style Hotel Roanoke is proudly listed on the National Register of Historic Places. As a member of IACC (International Association of Conference Centers), Hotel Roanoke is pleased to offer world-class lodging facilities, including newly renovated guest rooms and 63,000 square feet of state-of-the-art conference space. The hotel's business facilities include 35 meeting rooms, a fixed-seat lecture hall, two boardrooms, conference center lounge and an elegant hotel ballroom which can accommodate up to 1,400 guests. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The Hotel Roanoke And Conference Center, a Doubletree By Hilton Hotel
Hotel Roanoke Doubletree

If you own or manage The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.