“Comfort Food” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 415 Restaurants in Roanoke
Daleville, Virginia
“Comfort Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

Good country comfort food. Nothing fancy, but good variety.

• Visited November 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Roanoke
“A Complte Ripoff and NOT a Deli”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

Decades ago, at Crossroads Mall, the 'Original' Pete's Deli was a good place to eat. This new (not new actually) incarnation is nonsense.

Can I get a Deli sandwich here? No. The Corned Beef sandwich was made from the thin-sliced, extruded, disingenuous, pressed meat product purchased from Sysco or US Foodservice or one of those.

When I asked for deli mustard, I was told they had none---uhhh, doesn't it say 'Deli'. I was asked, upon service of the sandwich, if I wanted chips, and, although not specifically stated that they will be included with the sandwich, it was an offer. The waitress then 'served them by tossing a small bag on the table. You wouldn't think a $0.25 size bag of chips is extra when offered? As I found out when paying, they were $0.99. A tea, sandwich (worse than making it at home), and chips came to $7.84 (no including the tip).

Let's now show how much worse it can be. My friend ordered the chicken strip meal. There were 4 dry strips with fries. He had a soda. He asked for barbecue and ranch dipping sauce when asked which type of sauce he wanted. No price was noted for the sauce. At the end of his meal, he ordered a piece of french silk pie---no pricing was disclosed by the waitress. Around $8.00 for the strips and fries, $0.89 for each dipping sauce, $1.79 for the drink, and a whopping $3.99 for a tiny slice of pie that was still frozen. With tax, about $17.00 for lunch.

KFC has a chicken strip combo that includes a drink. It's $5.00. Pete's Deli is a complete and utter rip-off! Bad food, bad prices, bad service.

I'm sorry, but, your price disclosures are highly questionable. Please look for you BBB letter soon.

• Visited October 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I think we have the best...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2008

I think we have the best breakfast by far.....and the best prices! But for those of you that know me, I am biased lol!