“Cool Hamburger joint” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Abingdon, Virginia
“Cool Hamburger joint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Came across this place while in town on business. Cool little bar, with a large selection of beer priced from $1.00 and up. Believe it or not, the $1.00 beer was pretty good! All they serve is Hamburgers and fries and all they have is beer to drink (other than water and soda). So the name is not misleading, it's a beer and burger joint. Had some TV's, watched MNF and some hockey, cool crowd. Would recommend it for those that like to just hangout, drink a few and watch a game.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

77% Recommend
Roanoke, Virginia
“Less than enjoyable”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We visited Jack Brown's Beer & Burger Joint in downtown this week, and the experience wasn't that great.

I and three other co-workers sat at the high top tables near the brick wall. The tables were too small for four people, and the smell emanating from the brick was awful. It’s like the bricks were mildewed, or maybe it was the product they put on the brick?

Then the ‘burgers’ arrived. I ordered a simple hamburger, and my coworkers ordered their specialty burgers. What I received looked like it was smaller than the $1 Junior Burger from Sonic. I can't believe I paid $5 (before tax) for a plain, less than 1/4lb hamburger. Just pitiful! I will not be returning.

My coworker ordered his ‘Elvis’ burger. He enjoyed the flavor, but also noticed it was a miniscule amount of meat. With fries and water, the bill came to near $11. Give me a break guys… you don’t even get chips, lettuce, pickle spear or a tomato. All you get are young chicks with voluptuous breasts taking your order and pretending to act pleasant for a good tip.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Roanoke, Virginia
“Peanut Butter on my burger!! Yummo!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

First time in this establishment and I will be back. I got the Elvis burger b/c I've always wanted to try Peanut Butter on a burger. It also had cheese and bacon on it. This was one of the best burgers I've ever eaten! It was delicious!! Next I will try the Greg Brady burger!! The staff was super friendly and the atmosphere was nice.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Greenville, South Carolina
“Best Burgers Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

What a treat! I had the Burger with egg and Bacon and it was dynamite! The fries were awesome too. My Daughter had the Burger with peanut butter and it was delicious. This is a must eat in Roanoke. Great beer list too!

Visited August 2013
“Good service- not a bad burger either”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

This is a fun place with above average craft beer taps and bottles. Its similar to being in a diner but without the pancakes and eggs. The name says it all. Its a neat space. The cooks prepare the burgers right in front of you on the flat top. There are some good combinations. I had the cowboy and it was quite tasty. The fries are spot on too. I definitely will be going back often.

• Visited July 2013