“Great large cinema” 5 of 5 stars

New Castle, VA
4 attraction reviews
“Great large cinema”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

This is one of my favorite cinemas in Roanoke. The offerings are many and current, the theaters are large. comfortable, and clean and staff attentive. The snack bar and popcorn are great too. Enjoy!

Visited October 2012

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 attraction reviews
“I Go Here All the Time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This theater is older so it's not always the best quality, but I go here because between 4 and 5:30 movies are only $5.50! The theater is not normally packed during this time so you get your choice of seats. The staff is friendly and the theater is kept clean. On Tuesdays they also have deals on popcorn and drinks.

Visited July 2013
Virginia
11 attraction reviews
“Good Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Tanglewood Mall is typically very safe. This theatre could be better kept, but they usually have a good selection of movies and is reasonably comfortable.

Visited June 2013
Roanoke, Virginia
“Helpful staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We decided to go to the movies at the last minute, so we drove over to Carmike in Tanglewood . So did everyone else! There was a huge line ( keep in mind that my movie time was 4:05, and it was already 4:12.) Someone came from inside and reminded us all that we could buy tickets at the concession stand. We moved inside with forty others, and Carmike had 4 lines moving, so it went reasonably quickly. When it was my turn, I asked if my movie had started yet, and the guy looked it up quickly and told me we still had 8 minutes, so I got tickets, popcorn (with my bucket) and 2 drinks. Ouch! But hey it was our weekly date, so we ' re worth it! Made it to the theater just in time to finish last "coming soon" ad, then the movie. Star Trek was great, theater a little cool; my only complaint? The popcorn after a few good pieces was full of itty-bitty pieces that were useless to try to eat. Yuck, big disappointment there. All in all though, still a great date destination!

Visited June 2013
Roanoke, Virginia
“theater review”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Refreshments are ridiculously expensive. If this continues, they should offer a finance plan. I am surprised patrons accept this. I would attend more often except for this. People selling this stuff should wear hold up masks

Visited May 2013

Been to Carmike Cinemas 10 -Roanoke? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Carmike Cinemas 10 -Roanoke, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later