“Good neighborhood hangout” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
“Good neighborhood hangout”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Nice place to have some wood-fired pizza & beer, hang out, and watch a game. Outdoor seating options. Conveniently located on the Greenway, and the River Rock indoor climbing gym is literally next door. Away from the 'heart' of downtown Roanoke, but still in the city, easy to find a parking space here. More of a bar atmosphere on Friday & Saturday nights, but I'd describe it as family friendly any other time.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Virginia
“Brew with a few (friends, that is)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Excellent burgers and sandwiches (I had a cheeseburger and sweet potato fries). It's on the river but doesn't have a view. Inside and outside seating for you and your friends. Very friendly atmosphere. And LOTS of BEER!

Visited June 2013
Cambridge, New York
“Beer tasting fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

What a great selection of craft beers and what a wonderful way to taste with the offering of beer flights. The little glasses at $1.75 were perfect for me and my sisters. We tasted 7 different beers with our lunch and it was fun! We all had hamburgers that were wonderful!

Visited May 2013
Roanoke, Virginia
“I expect more from a local place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I first tried this place about 8 months ago, shortly after it opened. Despite waiting an hour to be seated and over an hour for our food, I enjoyed the nachos and figured they were still working out the kinks of being a brand new restaurant.

Last night, I was looking for something to eat around 11 PM. On their Facebook (eight months later, they still don't even have a website), it said they were open till midnight. I drove 20 minutes across town and walked in the door at 11:20. First, I was informed that the kitchen closes at 10 PM, which I guess I was supposed to magically know after reading the hours on their Facebook. Then I thought I might get a drink so as not to waste a 40 minute roundtrip, but the girl told me, "Yeah, we've already done last call, so we're closing anyway. Seriously? 40 minutes before your advertised closing time?

Congratulations, Wasena City Tap Room and Grill... I ended up at TGI Friday's, where I received prompt and friendly service, along with an ice cold Sam Adams.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Terrific Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We stopped by for the first time at 2:30PM on a sunny Saturday afternoon in March. The restaurant had been full for lunch and was just beginning to thin; we were seated immediately in the open space dining room facing the bar. The interior was well designed and decorated; industrial tap room. Others were enjoying the patio seating. The menu had plenty of draft beer choices; our waitress was quite knowledgable and directed us toward one of their stouts. My Cobb Salad was excellent; it had several flavor twists that distinguished it from others; smokey corn and tender beef. My wife's Burrito Salad also had some flavor twists; she thought it excellent too. The atmosphere, draft beer selection, and food with interesting twists combined for an excellent experience. Just the kind of place Roanoke needed.

• Visited March 2013