“Order the Broadway ice cream soda and the Swiss Melt and SOUP!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #51 of 415 Restaurants in Roanoke
Cuisines: Ice Cream
Roanoke, Virginia
“Order the Broadway ice cream soda and the Swiss Melt and SOUP!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

A surprising favorite for my veg list since it is primarily an ice cream shop. Pop's is a must-try for lovers of dairy. Their menu offers a creative and delicious variety of vegetarian sandwiches and homemade soups that visit me in my dreams.
The place is small and family operated. Large groups cannot be accomodated. Expect a wait during peak times, but it is worth it. The couple that owns the place is charming as are their children. A true Mom and Pop serving REAL ice cream sodas and endless indulgences. Just writing this makes me feel like I'm overdue for a visit!
@reviewer LeePulaski: There are no less than two dozen signs, clearly visible from any vantage point, politely directing patrons to order at the register. Relax.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Pulaski, Va.
“The waiters were too hip or too indifferent to help us.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I have been to this restaurant several times before for ice cream, and my family thoroughly enjoyed. We stopped in for dinner about two weeks ago and had an awful experience. There is neither a hostess nor a sign directing you to have a seat. We waited politely for someone to help us, but the waitress was just too cool, indifferent, or impolite to even make eye contact. The person cleaning the one available table was likewise too boorish or backward to help us. After standing helplessly for several minutes, we retreated in shame to the door.
We won't return- for ice cream or a meal. Where was Pop? Is a bit of hospitality too much to request?

• Visited December 2012