“Diamond in the Rough/Photography” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Specialty Museums
Attraction Details
Charlottesville, Virginia
10 attraction reviews
“Diamond in the Rough/Photography”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I never knew of O. Winston Link until B&W photography began to interest me while living in the City; Manhattan, that is. After going to a show or two in Tribeca, Chelsea, the gay 'hood at the time, and Rizzoli, I caught the shutterbug (at least that of other's disease of shutterbug) and one evening met a man who told me about O. Winston Link. An elderly man at the time, maybe he was a relative; Lord knows. Some couple of decades later while visiting Roanoke from Spain in order to visit my Mommuh and Get Out the Vote in Staunton, I stumbled upon this museum. The two who worked the door could not have been more helpful. As a Virgo, I appreciated their attention to helping me pick up details of this man's life. The museum and my Tshirts stuck with me. Full Gallop, Andale, Anda, Che viddiamo.

Visited August 2013

20 attraction reviews
“Very well done small museum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

This was a delightful stop while in Roanoke. It's small but well done. It costs $5 for adults to get in. There are photographs and some other displays (like a general store with nostalgic items and a register; a theater presentation). The majority of the photographs are black and white. It takes about an hour to walk through if you don't watch the film.

Visited December 2013
Roanoke
18 attraction reviews
“Nice, but not enjoyed by all ages”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

It was nice, but only takes 30 minutes to view. The out of town and younger folks found it less interesting.

Visited December 2012
New River Valley Virginia
“best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Of many fun and interesting things to do, this would be towards the top of my list after all the good places to eat, drink and be merry in Roanoke. We had family, aged 11-81, and pretty much every one enjoyed the museum of O Winston Link.

Visited December 2012
Stroud, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“Interesting photos of all things to do with the railroad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Loved the ease with which I could get the wheelchair round. Except when we got to the inevitable shop at the end of the tour…it was quite a job to negotiate the various stands and displays.

I really enjoyed the photos and objects - well laid out I thought. Very evocative of the 19th & 20th centuries

Visited October 2013

Been to O. Winston Link Museum? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage O. Winston Link Museum, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later