“The Views...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 28 attractions in Roanoke
Type: Landmarks/ Points of Interest, Parks
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: A "must see" on most visitors list, an 88-foot manmade star (the largest in the world) sits on majestic Mill Mountain along with a beautifully landscaped city park, that boasts hiking and biking trails, and a zoo.
someplace
11 attraction reviews
“The Views...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

A great place to see the view of Roanoke! Cant wait to go up at sunset time one of these days. I also am looking forward to visiting the zoo.

Visited January 2014

New York City, New York
10 attraction reviews
“Eh….”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I think our hosts oversold the star, because when we reached the top we were shocked at how underwhelming it was. It did have a great view from the top though.

Visited February 2013
Greensboro, North Carolina
16 attraction reviews
“Beautiful View & Interesting Animals at the Zoo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

We visited Mill Mountain Star and Park in December. The view was beautiful from the overlooks, there are great walking trails, a very nice park for kids, and of course the star was interesting to see and read about. There appeared to be many other trails that we did not have the chance to walk on and plenty of picnic space. I would recommend going in the spring so the trails, park, and picnic areas could be fully utilized and enjoyed. We also visited the zoo. I loved seeing the snow leopards and red pandas because those are pretty exotic animals for a zoo in this area. I did feel the habitats needed a lot of updating and expansion. I didn't see many things to stimulate the animals. I am not an expert in the animal world, but compared to a lot of zoos I have visited (large and small) I really feel they need to invest or lobby for funds to expand and enhance the animal habitats. Other than that, it is a nice zoo. They have a train for the kids to ride around.

Visited December 2013
“Nice view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Great view of the city. Nice spot to let kids and dog get some energy out while walking around. Cold this time of year but will be back in spring.

Visited December 2013
32 attraction reviews
“We go out of our way to go”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

We are pretty new to the area. We always take visitors up there, but I always get turned around getting up there. Once I find it, it's always nice!