“Over priced, small, sad, and pathetic!” 1 of 5 stars

Type: Zoos
Activities: Getting married
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Vistors are wowed by the more than 45 species of animals at this zoo, including rare and endangered breeds like the snow leopard, the white-naped crane and the clouded leopard.
Roanoke, Virginia
“Over priced, small, sad, and pathetic!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

This zoo used to be nice, but now its run down. Very over priced considering how small it is. The animals look sad and unhappy. I will never take my child to this zoo!

Visited September 2013

Blacksburg, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
“Good place for the kids”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

My kids liked the visit and the animals. My only problem is the small size of it all. But I guess their size to grow is limited too.

Visited March 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Must Visit if in the area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

This zoo is a small zoo (like a family one) but our experience was excellent. We went on a Thursday night to their "Night Howl" event and it was an amazing experience. We got to hear the wolfs call and see the zoo at night with their nocturnal animals. it was a very nice experience and the staff was so nice and welcoming it made our trip unforgettable. I recommended :)

Visited December 2013
Virginia
6 attraction reviews
“Great little zoo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

First of all, let me just say that this is not at all on the same scale as a larger zoo, and won't be compared to one. It is a sweet little family zoo - a long time treasure in Roanoke. The Zoo Choo is not to be missed! There is a surprisingly large number of animals for such a small place. Some of the best photos from the last visit were of a tortoise being presented with a huge tray of fresh fruits and veggies for his lunch, and of my son petting a giant bunny that was just hopping around visiting with guests. Always a great place to visit!

Visited May 2013
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Animal torture”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I don't know if all zoos are as pitiful and saddening as ours, but be prepared to see big animals stuck in little cages running in circles because they are going crazy. I don't even have pets, but I found the zoo to be depressing.

Visited July 2013

Been to Mill Mountain Zoo? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Mill Mountain Zoo, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later