“Great Customer Service and Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of MainStay Suites Airport

You added MainStay Suites Airport to your Saves list
MainStay Suites Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5080 Valley View Blvd., 5070 Valley View Blvd, Roanoke, VA 24012   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
“Great Customer Service and Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We called on the phone an hour before reaching Roanoke, VA at approximately 8 pm. We received exact directions to the hotel. The customer service given by Sam and Amanda was outstanding. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the price was right. When we checked out, we were assisted in making reservations in Houston, Texas. I give the staff an A+. My husband and I plan to stay there again. Robert and Carolyn

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor and experienced no noise. The laundry room for use by guests was convenien...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at MainStay Suites Airport, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Thanks for your kind comments. I'm please the staff was able to take care of your reservations with us and another hotel to your satisfaction. We are always glad to assist our guest in any way we can.
I pleased you found your room clean and comfortable and that you plan to visit us again. We look forward to your next visit.
Thanks again for staying with us and feel free to contact me at cia@rbnet.com or 540-992-4077 if I can be of any further assistance.
Dominion Lodging, Inc.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

When we normally travel to Roanoke for sporting events we stay at one of the two adjacent properties. We decided to stay at this location due to some team members previous recommendation. The room was clean, neat and large. We were extremely pleased with Ms. Curtis (Front Desk) and her professionalism and attention to detail for all our needs. She made us feel comfortable and safe while staying there. She was friendly and loved her personality. She is definitely an asset to this hotel. We will definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thanks so much for your review. Ms. Curtis is a great part of our family and we are fortunate to have her. I'm pleased you decided to give us a try while in town for sports. Roanoke stays hopping with various sporting events and tournaments, both youth and adult. We are a perfect fit for family travel with large rooms, private living room area and full kitchens (not saying you shouldn't take your family out to eat at one of the MANY nearby restaurants).
I hope you will visit us again. Thanks so much for taking the time to write your review. If I can assist with future reservations, please contact me at cia@rbnet.com or 540-992-4077.
Thanks,
Waynesboro, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We are a family of 5. Our children are very active in Travel Sports. We ended up at the Main Stay Airport 6 years ago because one of the fathers on our team was familiar with the establishment due to his traveling for his place of employment. He had always been impressed and thought we as a team would enjoy it as well. I'm trying to help you see that whether it is a business trip you are making or a week/weekend of activities with your family....this place is perfect for either one! I am one picky person when it comes to cleanliness....especially in a hotel and customer service. And as a mom - I want to get the most "bang for my buck". Again.... Main Stay Airport has never let me down on either aspect....in fact.... I feel completely safe there as well as comfortable with the cleanliness. They have laundry available as well as a shuttle. A full kitchen with everything you need, as well as all linens. We have stayed in the suite with the one bedroom with 2 queen beds - which offers a separate bedroom from the kitchen and living area. It also provides you with 2 TVs... and we have also stayed in the suite with 2 bedroom / 2 restrooms / 2 closets.... wow is this a neat room. It also of course has a nice living area and kitchen. Everything you need for a couple of days ..week away from home. We have met business professionals who stay there sometimes a month or more. Then there is Curtis..... she welcomed us into Main Stay 6 years ago as if she was welcoming us into her home....and she continues to do that every time we are in town. I would not think of staying anywhere else....as much as we enjoy all of the amenities of this hotel.... we love Curtis ! She is our "family" now and we would follow her anywhere! I will never forget the first time she looked at our 11 and 12 year old baseball boys and let them in on the rules of "her" place..... and they respected her from the start. My son is 18 now and still looks eagerly like he did back then to go to Main Stay and see Curtis. My younger two children don't even remember life without her :) We recently stayed there due to the Commonwealth Games. We told our AAU Girls Basketball team about it.... 14 year old girls. There was also a Basketball Team there (male). The two teams we separated by a floor and everyone had a curfew and the Main Stay was calm cool and collected the entire time. I believe this to be because of Curtis and how she makes you feel and the honesty she gives you. As we often sit in the lobby or the breakfast area to visit I regularly see people come through the main door to check in or check on availability of a room..or wander down from their room to say hello and chat a bit with her..... she treats them all with respect and kindness. We love Main Stay Airport in Roanoke, VA and we LOVE "our" Curtis !! Go ahead and stay.... you will be so glad you did ! P.S. They even have an area where guests can purchase snacks, ice cream, and drinks...even microwavable items incase you don't want to leave...plus there are several places that deliver food there. We like Frank's. Have a great time !

Room Tip: Our favorites when coming for outdoor activities or if we need laundry for any reason are anything o...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
WOW! I don't know where to begin in thanking you for the kind words not only of the hotel, but more importantly, of our beloved Ms. Curtis. She is a great member of our family and she does enjoy the people she gets to meet and talk with. I will pass along your comments to her.

I'm pleased you mentioned our hotel is perfect no matter the reason you happen to be visiting Roanoke. We have many corporate long-term stay guests and they love us. Our weekend visitors enjoy the extra large rooms as well. Our location can't be beat, as we are located in the mall complex of Valley View Mall, southwest Virginia' largest mall.

Again, thanks so much for the kind words and for the loyalty of the past six years. We look forward to your visit next year!

Dominion Lodging, Inc
blacksburg, va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

My fiancé and I stayed here the night before our flight to jamaica. Perhaps we had rose colored glasses but we loved this place! Curtis, at the front desk is a hoot! We seriously booked this place because it was cheapest without reviews of bugs and hookers and had free shuttle to the airport! We opened the door to a suite with office, lining room, full sized kitchen with utensils, dishes and appliances, and a large bathroom with separate toilet.

We decided to eat at smokey bones and were fully prepares to walk over there but no..Curtis got us shuttle! Love her! Shuttle driver gave us a $10 off coupon for the restaurant we were going to. We tipped him a couple dollars for that alone! Great value! Not some luxury resort but we were happier than expected!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at MainStay Suites Airport, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
First off, you went to Jamaica and didn't invite me???? Shame on you!
I'm pleased we were able to begin your trip on a high note. Ms. Curtis is a ball of fire and we are blessed to have her as a part of our family.
Thanks for your comments and for being our guest. We strive to take great care of each and every one of our visitors with service that will knock your socks off. I'll pass along your comments for the entire staff. If I can be of any further assistance, please contact me at cia@rbnet.com or 540-992-4077.
Wayne, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

My family (4 adults) stayed here while we were on vacation. We split room 401 which was perfect for our needs. It had 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms with a common kitchen and tv space so that both couples could have our privacy at night and getting ready in the morning while still sharing a common space. The pull love seat in the common area may have been one of the most uncomfortable pieces of furniture that I have ever sat on which I attribute to the fact that it was just a tired old pull-out couch. The ventilation was a little weird for one of the bedroom because the AC unit was in the common room and they had a fan in the top of the wall in the bedroom to blow cold air into the room which made it a little stuffy for the couple that was sleeping in that room, but we managed.
Hotel staff was incredibly friendly and made us feel very welcome during our 4 nights there.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at MainStay Suites Airport, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
I'm pleased you enjoyed your visit and liked the 2-bed room suite for your stay. It does work out well for larger families or couples traveling together. The pull-out sofa does need some work. Better yet, it needs replaced. I'll get right on that as it is quite uncomfortable.
I hope you will visit us again and I would be happy to help with any future reservations. Feel free to contact me at cia@rbnet.com or 540-992-4077.
Dominion Lodging, Inc,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Great stay. Hotel has been totally updated. Food was good. Bed was comfortable. Very clean. Kitchen was very handy to have.Near the mall and restaurants. Will stay here again when in the area. Good value.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thanks for your review. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the full kitchen to be helpful. We have a great location being at the largest shopping mall complex in this part of the state. There are plenty of things to do nearby for food, shopping, and relaxation.
I hope you will visit us again soon. Please let me know if I can assist with future reservations. Contact me at cia@rbnet.com or 540-992-4077.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Convenient.
Close to many things that you need while in the road. Lots of food, mall, and freeway access. Right across from the airport WITH a shuttle.

Rooms have all you need. Plenty of room with the two room set up with kitchenette.

Caution though...only 1 computer for use. NO business center. That's kind of behind the times, but the wifi worked pretty well.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at MainStay Suites Airport, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Thanks for your review. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and found our location to be ideal. We are right in the middle of it all, yet quiet enough for a good night's rest.
I'm sorry if only having one lobby computer for guest use caused you an inconvenience. We actually find the lobby computer isn't used as much as it was in the past because most people have their internet device in their pocket.
I hope you will visit us again and if you need any assistance with reservations or have any questions, please contact me at 540-992-4077 or cia@rbnet.com
Thanks!
Dominion Lodging, Inc.

Been to MainStay Suites Airport? Share your experiences!